A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:55 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Bombing  (Read 63227 times)
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 09:08:05 am »

You can look into the eyes of fatherless children, or parents crying over a murdered baby, because you didn't do all you could to stop another terrorist attack, and can you tell them, "the ends didn't justify the means".  I can't. When people declare war on this country, you are an enemy of the constitution. You don't get the same rights you and I get. I do not want to get search warrants, read them their rights, pay for their attorney, or tie up 12 persons to sit in judgment of them. You get a ticket to Gitmo, right after you tell us everything you know--whether you want to or are "encouraged"...

As for me being a lawyer? So what? I am a father, son, former soldier, and citizen too. And I am not alone here. I have often linked to this article penned by notorious right wing nutjob Alan Dershowitz...http://www.alandershowitz.com/publications/docs/torturewarrants.html

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

Guido, how can you be sure that a person who is a suspect (by definition-a person who is under suspicion.) has commited a crime?  As for the Saudi national who was acting suspiciously... a bomb just went off and he knows that he is an arab.  This country has a well documented history of mob "justice" based on the color of ones skin.  As for Act of Terrorism vs Act of War.  If this was a domestic operation, are you wanting to declare war on the US? 

I will be honest and say that based upon the specifc history of the date and the general history of this week, this has a feel of a domestic operation.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 09:39:15 am »

You can look into the eyes of fatherless children, or parents crying over a murdered baby, because you didn't do all you could to stop another terrorist attack, and can you tell them, "the ends didn't justify the means".  I can't. When people declare war on this country, you are an enemy of the constitution. You don't get the same rights you and I get. I do not want to get search warrants, read them their rights, pay for their attorney, or tie up 12 persons to sit in judgment of them. You get a ticket to Gitmo, right after you tell us everything you know--whether you want to or are "encouraged"...

As for me being a lawyer? So what? I am a father, son, former soldier, and citizen too. And I am not alone here. I have often linked to this article penned by notorious right wing nutjob Alan Dershowitz...http://www.alandershowitz.com/publications/docs/torturewarrants.html

So you believe in and subscribe to the ideals of the Constitution and the rule of law, right up to the point where it pisses you off enough to throw it all out the window.  Which means you really don't believe in all that messy law stuff....

And just because you are not alone...well that makes it even more tragic that so many who benefit from that same rule of law stuff are so willing to throw it away so quickly and easily.  But that kind of IS the history of this country, isn't it?  Classic case of "do what I say, not what I do...or want to do...."

By those standards - the ends justifies the means - I should have the right to exact the tribute I want from those perpetrators, too.  Vigilante justice - a code to live by!!

And I do look into those eyes every time I talk to one of my neighbors, whose 18 year old daughter was raped/tortured/murdered about 12 years ago by some low-life scum who just happened to come up for parole last January.  In his trial, he literally said he thought she kind of "needed it"...

I was kind of hoping he would get it and show up in the neighborhood...just a little bit!  We were gonna be staying with her for a while!  And ready.  But we fought it - petitions to the parole board, etc - and he did not get paroled this time.  (See...I have the same urges you do!)  It is a recurring event and nightmare!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:46:42 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:06 am »

Apparently they are saying that the trail is cold now.  All we know is that the design of the bombs is the same used frequently in Afganistan for IEDs.  Pressure cookers surrounded by nails and BBs in black nylon bags. That, of course, is not a formula known only to foreign terrorists.

Perhaps the analysis of the explosive residue will offer some signature.  I have heard nothing about the chemistry of the explosions yet.  Anyone?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:03 am »

Perhaps the analysis of the explosive residue will offer some signature.  I have heard nothing about the chemistry of the explosions yet.  Anyone?

The latest "leaks" say black powder, like the kind you can get at some Walmarts or gun shops.

Meanwhile, was it any surprise to find out that Boston's Homeland Security was spending its money on salaries, management, and administration?
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Federal-audit-questioned-Boston-homeland-security/dCM_oqlApkiDXH36RxA0sA.cspx

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 11:27:35 am »

CNN is reporting that a suspect has been identified
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:43 am »

An arrest has been made.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:37 pm »

Apparently they are saying that the trail is cold now. 

Where do you get your opposite day information?  Who is your "they"?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 12:49:47 pm »

Where do you get your opposite day information?  Who is your "they"?

As of this morning THEY, the New York Post, CNN and others, said that the original suspect was no longer a suspect and that THEY were aware of no other leads.

Same THEY you get your news from.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »

As of this morning THEY, the New York Post, CNN and others, said that the original suspect was no longer a suspect and that THEY were aware of no other leads.

You don't get news from the New York Post.

However current reporting is that there is no arrest, but there may be two suspects. Photos are up on Reddit but I don't know that what they have is the real pair of people that the FBI is really looking at.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 12:56:08 pm »

It seems the remnants of the bomb THEY have recovered, contain the remnants of this power cell.

It is designed specifically for remote control cars, meaning that the bomber likely used a remote mechanism tied to an RC car servo.

We used to install rockets on our RC boats, so I know how this can be done with a simple model rocket igniter. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:59:02 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:15 pm »

You don't get news from the New York Post.

However current reporting is that there is no arrest, but there may be two suspects. Photos are up on Reddit but I don't know that what they have is the real pair of people that the FBI is really looking at.

Apparently one cannot get reliable news from CNN either.   Grin

I bet Skip Nicholson would have had the straight scoop though!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »

The Post was the same outlet that early on was reporting from 'reliable' sources that 12 people were killed.

I'd use the Post to line a bird cage before I'd read it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 02:12:54 pm »

It's a shame Skip didn't make the big time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 03:06:38 pm »

It's a shame Skip didn't make the big time.

Maybe he should have considered an eyebrow wax.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 03:53:21 pm »

Apparently one cannot get reliable news from CNN either.   Grin

Skip would be in the bear pit with Ron Burgandy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org