A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:55:28 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 212705 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »

Not so fast.  South Carolina fired the little Rambo, and the DA charged him with a crime.

Here, they enjoy a nice long paid vacation while OSBI puts its spin on it. The cops name would have been secret until the DA's rubber-stamp absolution, and the TV crime reporters read the spokespersons script without asking any embarrassing questions that might jeopardize their ride-alongs.

True enough...and I really do like to drive through once in a while....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2014, 11:29:01 am »

Federal probes of police often bring changes

Investigators found a "pattern or practice of use of excessive force," including police dogs that bit suspects 70 percent of the time. They also found that some officers justified excessive force by falsely alleging that they were being assaulted.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-sun-investigates-doj-20141004,0,127736.story

Anyone who doesn't know that's the way it works probably deserves the beating.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2014, 10:36:43 am »

Federal probes of police often bring changes

Ours was stopped before it even got started.  Sometimes the Feds fumble, but we got a local hotline...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:22 am »

Ours was stopped before it even got started.  Sometimes the Feds fumble, but we got a local hotline...

?  We were under a DOJ Consent Decree for many years (ironically, the complaint that started that was made by a well known black racist officer who lied on reports to arrest white people often), not sure what you mean by it got stopped before it started.  Also, our own officers have been integral is putting the bad ones behind bars.  The last officer who was caught up in some bad crap?  Handled 100% in-house, no one wants to work with the FBI after they did such a horrible job on the Henderson et al stuff. 

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:33 am »

?  We were under a DOJ Consent Decree for many years (ironically, the complaint that started that was made by a well known black racist officer who lied on reports to arrest white people often), not sure what you mean by it got stopped before it started.  Also, our own officers have been integral is putting the bad ones behind bars.  The last officer who was caught up in some bad crap?  Handled 100% in-house, no one wants to work with the FBI after they did such a horrible job on the Henderson et al stuff. 

Yes, the Henderson et al stuff where some bumblers forced the feds to pull the plug on the TPD investigation, and not the Consent Decree where the city was ordered to install dashcams four years ago.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2014, 01:43:20 pm »

Wow. I guess next time get out of the car.  Shocked

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783809/Terrifying-moment-police-smashed-car-window-tasered-passenger-routine-traffic-stop-Indiana.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2014, 02:29:37 pm »

Irregardless of any errors of the parents, shooting into a car full of kids was a poor choice.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2014, 06:00:34 am »

Irregardless of any errors of the parents, shooting into a car full of kids was a poor choice.

Only if one is concerned about the "rule of law"....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2014, 08:56:32 am »

And the hits keep coming. Two "Brooklyn Nine Nine" cops punching an unarmed 17 year old with his hands up. Just another day in the NYPD.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2784511/Outrage-NYPD-officers-caught-camera-brutally-punching-pistol-whipping-teenager-teeth-AFTER-raised-hands-surrender-cops-face-criminal-charges.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2014, 07:07:18 pm »

Our own officers have been integral is putting the bad ones behind bars.  The last officer who was caught up in some bad crap?  Handled 100% in-house, no one wants to work with the FBI after they did such a horrible job on the Henderson et al stuff. 

Good to hear the notorious SID, previously indicted for planting evidence, armed robbery and perjury, is being handled "in-house"
Lets see what they have been up to this week:

Special Investigations Division Officers Jeremy Ballard, 34, and Donald Cox, 32, were involved in a fatal shooting at a residence in the 8800 block of East 16th Street, according to a news handout issued Thursday.

The release identified the man who was shot as Jason E. Rogers, 35.

Police said SID Officers Ballard and Cox were following up on a domestic dispute. The undercover officers, with weapons in hand, surprised Rogers while he was mowing his yard around 5:20 p.m. Wednesday.

Rogers, who had been receiving threats earlier, allegedly reached for his waistband, and the two plainclothes officers opened fire, killing Rogers.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »

Oh, absolutely not.  Just having a mental group grope trying to figure out how a cop who by all accounts has an exemplary record, was a great neighbor, father, etc. just snapped.

I believe most cops view deadly force as a last resort on or off the job, that’s why this is such a bizarre murder.

Apparently the killer cop had been using Tulsa Police records to stalk his victim:

'Kepler, according to testimony given by police investigators during that bond hearing, had inside his home a report detailing a time Lake had been arrested while still a juvenile. On

that report, police said, Kepler had hand-written Lake’s address, the home outside where he ultimately died.'

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2014, 05:06:38 pm »

Militarized police: Missouri sheriff defends grenade use during strip club raid
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/militarized-police-missouri-sheriff-defends-grenade-use-during-strip-club-raid-httpwww-rawstory-comrsp664587previewtrue/

A Missouri sheriff said his deputies used “flash-bang” grenades during a strip club raid to defend themselves against possible gunfire.

Pulaski County Sheriff Ron Long said undercover work and unspecified “intelligence” indicated patrons at the After Dark club likely had weapons and drugs, reported The News-Leader.

Long told the newspaper his deputies used the exploding devices during the Oct. 11 raid to prevent suspects from firing weapons after they are briefly stunned by the loud noise and bright light.

More than 30 law enforcement officers, including a SWAT team, from multiple agencies raided the club, where about 50 people were inside.

Some dancers hiding in a closet called 911 to report shots fired, but authorities said that was noise from the grenades.

The sheriff said “well-trained people” on the department’s tactical team used one flash-bang grenade outside the club and another inside, and he said no one complained of injuries for hours after the raid.

The owner, however, claimed injuries occurred while making a statement to investigators at the scene.

Club owner Matthew Wagner was charged Tuesday with five counts of allowing dancers to be nude or semi-nude, three counts of being open after midnight and two counts of selling alcohol.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2014, 07:57:11 am »

Ours was stopped before it even got started.  Sometimes the Feds fumble, but we got a local hotline...

The Feds didn't fumble.  The Fed learned from the County Commissioner scandals to just don't worry about Oklahoma...they will keep on truckin' with whatever it is, no matter how egregious....it's "Ok" with Oklahoma!!

It's one of those things where we deserve what we get because we literally are asking for it.....repeatedly.  See previous Failin', Inhofe, Kern, Lankford, Doobie posts....!

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2014, 06:45:28 pm »

Excessive Force is Cops Constitutional Right. Judge says ""pancakes""?

https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/suit.pdf

Police claimed rules on their use of force infringe on their rights to use as much force as they deem necessary in self-protection, but this week, a federal judge summarily rejected a civil rights lawsuit filed by police, finding that they were without constitutional merit.

The officers claimed the rules infringed on their rights under their Second Amendment and under the Fourth, claiming a self-defense right to use force.  Chief U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman pointed out that the Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms — not the right to use them — and that the officers “grossly misconstrued” the Fourth Amendment when they claimed that it protects them, and not individuals who would be the subjects of police force or seizures.

The police lawsuit also embodies a Stand Your Ground-ification of self-defense attitudes in asserting that officers have a right not to de-escalate the situation before turning to deadly force, asserting that their force is protected “regardless of whether or not there existed less intrusive means, or alternatives to self-defense or defense of others, such as inflicting a less serious injury to, retreating from, or containing, or negotiating with a suspect.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/10/22/3582939/seattle-cops-sued-claiming-they-have-a-constitutional-right-to-use-excessive-force/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2014, 08:14:20 am »

Excessive Force is Cops Constitutional Right. Judge says ""pancakes""?

https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/suit.pdf

Police claimed rules on their use of force infringe on their rights to use as much force as they deem necessary in self-protection, but this week, a federal judge summarily rejected a civil rights lawsuit filed by police, finding that they were without constitutional merit.

The officers claimed the rules infringed on their rights under their Second Amendment and under the Fourth, claiming a self-defense right to use force.  Chief U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman pointed out that the Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms — not the right to use them — and that the officers “grossly misconstrued” the Fourth Amendment when they claimed that it protects them, and not individuals who would be the subjects of police force or seizures.

The police lawsuit also embodies a Stand Your Ground-ification of self-defense attitudes in asserting that officers have a right not to de-escalate the situation before turning to deadly force, asserting that their force is protected “regardless of whether or not there existed less intrusive means, or alternatives to self-defense or defense of others, such as inflicting a less serious injury to, retreating from, or containing, or negotiating with a suspect.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/10/22/3582939/seattle-cops-sued-claiming-they-have-a-constitutional-right-to-use-excessive-force/

A nice selection of examples of "just watering my hippies..."

https://www.google.com/search?q=just+spraying+my+hippies&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=Gco&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LKNPVLTEHMmuyATam4K4BQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=1089

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org