A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:37:44 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 214424 times)
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 10:09:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

I understand your anger...but were you speeding?

If you were, the police officer was doing his job to make the streets safer.

Thank you Mr. obvious.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 10:20:06 am »

I know it is obvious that you were speeding. I didn't mean to judge you, but you seemed mad that the policeman was doing his job.

The thread was started with a policeman clearly going over the line...he deserves a reprimand.

But what did the Tulsa officer do wrong?

Power is nothing till you use it.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 10:36:16 am »

quote:

I appreciate your concern for my work...I have taken the day off.

I know it is obvious that you were speeding. I didn't mean to judge you, but you seemed mad that the policeman was doing his job.

The thread was started with a policeman clearly going over the line...he deserves a reprimand.

I'm not mad at the policeman for doing his job. I am mad that I have a $120 dollar ticket for  not watching my speedometer like a hawk.  If I  could afford it, then I wouldn't sweat it.   My point is that when citizen see officers holding themselves to another standard, it puts a strain on their relationship with law enforcement.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 10:47:47 am »

That makes sense.

I want everybody to obey the speed limit, including non-emergency work by police officers.

I guess I underestimated the number of speeding police cars in our town. I just try to get out of their way and assume they need to go that fast.

I really dislike speeders in residential neighborhoods. I think those fines should be double.

Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 12:25:26 pm »

quote:

He was more than reprimanded.

He was fired last week, according to the AP.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLICE_VIDEO?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US/
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 12:40:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jne

quote:

I'm not mad at the policeman for doing his job. I am mad that I have a $120 dollar ticket for  not watching my speedometer like a hawk.  If I  could afford it, then I wouldn't sweat it.   My point is that when citizen see officers holding themselves to another standard, it puts a strain on their relationship with law enforcement.

You have no relationship with Law Enforcement.

You are there to OBEY.  Not reason with.  Not question.  Not assert your constitutional rights.

Obey.

They can arrest you "impeding", and have your car towed and stowed at your expense for anything less than total, immediate and abject OBEDIANCE.

Later, if you're still alive after the encounter with the police, THEN your lawyer can try and assert your constitutional rights, before a judge.

Radley Balko at www.TheAgitator.com has written extensively for Cato Institute about the militarization of the police, and about the routine use of SWAT teams far beyond their original purposes, which was hostage crisis situations.

Now, since there are now literally thousands of SWAT teams in police jurisdictions throughout the U.S., to mission has morphed into serving "drug" warrants.

When the War on Drugs was declared back in the 1970's, war was declared on us.  By our leaders, using the police.  It's been getting worse every year.  

Judges signing No Knock late night Drug Search Warrants are signing the death warrants of civilians.  Balko has documented so many mistakes with SWAT teams serving No Knock Drug Warrants that our Judges, if they cared, would be very reluctant to sign them.

They unnecessarily ESCALATE the police violence against U.S. citizens.

Drugs are a big problem, but they are a matter of personal choice, and basically victimless crimes but do contribute to other criminal acts like dealing, pimping, and prostituting.

Legalize drugs, and treat the addicts for their sickness.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 01:31:03 pm »

Cannon - I appreciate your post.  I wanted to clarify two things quickly.  When I was previewing my post last night, I meant to change this first line to saw something like how this tread has spiralled into or whatever.  I meant to imply I had no problem with the topic, it was the way it had turned from an idiot in St. Louis to all TPD think the laws don't apply to them, etc.  Basically a TPD sucks thread, I think we have had a ton of those.  That's what started the vent . . .

Secondly, I said wasn't going to defend or crucify that officer, I haven't had time to see all the stories about it.  I agree with what little I know, he has crossed the line, but it has been the case in many things like this that the public is only privy to the end result and not the circumstances that pushed the officer to the edge.  That's what I didn't address that situation.

Ask me what I think about the Tulsa officer in Glenpool?  From what I know about that, he's an idiot.  He should have stiff consequences for his actions.  it's the actions of a few that tarnish the entire department, I'd just like to hear more people ackowledge that instead of generalizing all officers.  I think the civil service protection is something that has become a necessary evil.  I understand why you don't want a political environment having such control over employment, arrest the mayor's daughter for a valid offense?  Oh you are fired.  But on the flip side of it I have seen over and over again officers get their jobs back or punishment lessened by fighting from the lodge and civil service.

I don't wear rose colored glasses, I know there are people who shouldn't be on the force, but the vast majority of the officers are deserving of the responsiblity they have been trusted with.  And you are not the "idiots" I was thinking about.  

Wish I had more time, maybe later, but I have to run

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2007, 08:26:00 am »

Like it or not, the cops are a step above everyone else, they can run red lights and get away with it, it's not right and There's really nothing anyone can do about that. When a cop stops you it's wise to remember it's his ball game, his rules, even more so when your all alone in the car with no witnesses, just play along and make him happy. If you feel it was unjust and you got burned, just make a complaint about it at a latter time after the encounter. When a cop stops you at 2am it's his ballgame right or wrong and a wise man will play along with the cop while a foolish man will be a smart a** and wind up in jail on all sorts of charges and a criminal record to boot, the cop will always come out the winner with all encounters.. I got jumped on by cops at 2am for sleeping in my pick-up truck, I was doing alot of driving and I got sleepy and I pulled into a vacant lot to sleep off it was right off a I-70 exit.... They always say don't drive when your sleepy.... The cop bang on my window at 2am, woke me up and checked me out, and ran me off the lot half awake, I was forced to drive off the lot and back on to the interstate highway sleepy. I could of fell asleep behind the wheel and caused a wreck. Lucky I found a truck stop a few miles down the road and pulled in there to sleep. I didn't argue with the cop, I knew I would not win any such arguement so why bother.[B)]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Goodpasture
Citizen

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:50 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mike G

Curious, how about you guys post where you work and let us generalize about 'your job' and what all is done wrong.

Not a problem...........I am a real estate appraiser and I get as much if not more grief than cops do. The difference is, I get it when I do my job right.

When Integrity Matters
www.oakcrestappraisal.com
Wilbur
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2007, 06:54:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Goodpasture

quote:
Originally posted by Mike G

Curious, how about you guys post where you work and let us generalize about 'your job' and what all is done wrong.

Not a problem...........I am a real estate appraiser and I get as much if not more grief than cops do. The difference is, I get it when I do my job right.

I feel your pain, brother.  I feel your pain.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2007, 07:26:20 pm »

I collect recyclables out of trash.

Most people don't yell at me because of where I work...I am thankful for that.

That is not to say that people don't yell at me. All kinds of people.

Even my wife and I recently had words, unfortunately, I didn't get to use any of mine.

Rowdy
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2007, 08:04:48 pm »

The reason it is a little different is I don't change cops lives by doing my job.  They however, need to uphold their end and like so many have posted, it doesn't happen.  I see cops all the time with sudden lane changes and no signaling their intentions.

I wont even go into the absolute lies during court proceedings either.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 07:19:07 pm »

http://thislandpress.com/04/26/2012/conduct-unbecoming-tulsa-police-captain-officer-ensnared-in-sex-scandal
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 10:57:35 pm »

WOWWWWWW!!!!!

Hey Mods, can you put up these links?

OMFG! Unbecoming is an understatement. This Land Press rocks!

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 11:03:43 pm »

yowzah! Calling Larry Flint....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:08:14 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org