A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:28:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 243429 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2016, 11:52:57 am »

The two things that did it most about Trump for me - he called our POW's cowards, thru his BS with John McCain. 

He ridicules handicapped people.  I can hardly wait to see his impersonation of an autistic person, or someone with Down's Syndrome.  I bet his Cerebral Palsy impersonation is a hoot!!

Add that to all the other lies and garbage, while I find Hillary extremely distasteful, it really is an easy choice.  If I thought Johnson or Stein had a snowball's chance, I would likely go with one of them - either of them over Hillary.  But they don't.

Come on, Stein is an Anti-Vaxxer pandering mess and Johnson literally can't name a single foreign leader. There is only one serious candidate in this mess of a race.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2016, 12:04:53 pm »

Come on, Stein is an Anti-Vaxxer pandering mess and Johnson literally can't name a single foreign leader. There is only one serious candidate in this mess of a race.

Won't matter in this state anyway.

Best to pay attention to local and state issues.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2016, 12:43:35 pm »

I have to say, Johnson's lack of interest and knowledge in international affairs is disappointing and dumbfounding to me.  I like the guy, and was very much in his camp, but am having to re-think me position.  (I realize he has no real chance anyway, but on principle I just don't know if I can support somebody that has this large a gap in his thinking.)

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2016, 02:24:56 pm »

I have to say, Johnson's lack of interest and knowledge in international affairs is disappointing and dumbfounding to me.

Its a badge of honor for hard core Libertarians. Along with indifference to any social issue, steadfast adherence to mercantile/19th century economic policies, and repeating the mantra of privatization as a replacement for "big government."  All of those things have a glimmer of truth to them, all taken to the extreme with blinders on and a smile.

Libertarians are a great third party, but I wouldn't want them to actually run the country in the 21st Century. Of course, that's the same for the Republicans or Democrats...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2016, 02:40:31 pm »

That can't be how you've chosen.

The funny thing is that a woman I respect at work who is in a pretty high managerial position has pretty much made up her mind for Trump.  It didn't bother me that she had; as that's her decision.  But when she started talking about Trump is an outsider and Benghazi and emails to justify her choice (which BTW, I never solicited justfication), I looked at her like "pancakes?".  I found out later that she thought she had offended me.  I told her no...you disappoint me more than offend me.  It takes a lot to offend me.  Donald Trump mocking disabled people and pretty much any other minority AND women...that does it for me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2016, 04:03:59 pm »

Yeah, you are absolutely right!!  Both of them better than Trump.  And close enough to Hillary that hopefully it would keep her "honest" if she saw one of them closing in the rear view mirror.

And no, I really wouldn't vote for either of them... 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2016, 04:07:27 pm »

The funny thing is that a woman I respect at work who is in a pretty high managerial position has pretty much made up her mind for Trump.  It didn't bother me that she had; as that's her decision.  But when she started talking about Trump is an outsider and Benghazi and emails to justify her choice (which BTW, I never solicited justfication), I looked at her like "pancakes?".  I found out later that she thought she had offended me.  I told her no...you disappoint me more than offend me.  It takes a lot to offend me.  Donald Trump mocking disabled people and pretty much any other minority AND women...that does it for me.

I am surrounded by them - 4 otherwise well educated STEM types who somehow got to that point.  I think it is the chromium they found in the Norman water supply....

It is very disappointing.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »

I am surrounded by them - 4 otherwise well educated STEM types who somehow got to that point.  I think it is the chromium they found in the Norman water supply....

I'm sort of glad my mother isn't here to see this.  2015 and 2016 will be looked back on as a freak show as far as Presidential politics go.  Crap needs to change.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »

The two things that did it most about Trump for me - he called our POW's cowards, thru his BS with John McCain. 

He ridicules handicapped people.  I can hardly wait to see his impersonation of an autistic person, or someone with Down's Syndrome.  I bet his Cerebral Palsy impersonation is a hoot!!

Add that to all the other lies and garbage, while I find Hillary extremely distasteful, it really is an easy choice.  If I thought Johnson or Stein had a snowball's chance, I would likely go with one of them - either of them over Hillary.  But they don't.

If people think like you do and say "Johnson has no chance" he won't.  I cannot, in good conscience, vote for a flake celebrity and supposed business mogul or someone who is the poster woman for how broken and corrupt Washington is. 

You will never get the change you seek if you are unwilling to be a part of that change.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #459 on: September 30, 2016, 05:31:25 am »

If people think like you do and say "Johnson has no chance" he won't.  I cannot, in good conscience, vote for a flake celebrity and supposed business mogul or someone who is the poster woman for how broken and corrupt Washington is. 

You will never get the change you seek if you are unwilling to be a part of that change.

It would be nice if the alternative, no matter how outspent, wasn't so much a bumbling moron that he makes Trump look like he has an edge on the subject.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #460 on: September 30, 2016, 06:26:06 am »

I've said this a hundred times...third party candidates need to stop just showing up for Presidential elections.  When they start winning downballot, people will start taking them a little more seriously.  I was prepared to vote for Johnson, until these last couple of weeks.  I don't want the CiC unable to name one foreign leader before someone has to tell him.  Really?  I can even do that.  Jeez.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #461 on: September 30, 2016, 07:59:33 am »

Ben Carson proved that you can be book smart and a complete idiot at the same time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #462 on: September 30, 2016, 08:06:26 am »

I've said this a hundred times...third party candidates need to stop just showing up for Presidential elections.  When they start winning downballot, people will start taking them a little more seriously.  I was prepared to vote for Johnson, until these last couple of weeks.  I don't want the CiC unable to name one foreign leader before someone has to tell him.  Really?  I can even do that.  Jeez.

The question was to name a foreign leader Johnson respected.  If I were asked, on spur of the moment, to pick a current foreign leader I respect, I’d be hard-pressed to name one.  Give me a few minutes, and I’m sure I could name a few.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #463 on: September 30, 2016, 08:53:57 am »

Yeah, that's splitting it pretty thin Conan. He couldn't name a leader because he ....just couldn't. I don't mind the guy as a candidate but he doesn't believe in climate change (we're going to run into the sun anyway) and he supports Citizens' United which is to say, he loves that corporate voter!

I want competence on domestic issues and clear thinking on global affairs. Even though I tired of Clintons way back and don't look forward to even more animosity from entrenched idealogues, she has both of those and is the best candidate offered up. Republicans had a chance and blew it. And Hoss is so right. Build your party up from the bottom in off election periods and stop showing up uninvited at the wedding party.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #464 on: September 30, 2016, 09:28:48 am »

The question was to name a foreign leader Johnson respected.  If I were asked, on spur of the moment, to pick a current foreign leader I respect, I’d be hard-pressed to name one.  Give me a few minutes, and I’m sure I could name a few.

Oh come on.  How about Angela Merkel?  That one popped up right away for me.  And I'm not even in government.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org