A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 07:36:13 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College Textbooks  (Read 3057 times)
kss
« on: August 09, 2008, 09:53:32 pm »

Im wanting to shop around & compare pricing of our required textbooks for this semester.  Anyone aware of current, reputable websites or local stores (besides campus stores) for textbooks purchaes?
Wilbur
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:08:26 am »

I bought all of my kids' fall semester books at Amazon and purchased all 'like new' used books.

Amazon takes the orders then sends the orders to other sellers, who ship the used books to you.

The thing I was amazed about, the 'used' books were, in my opinion, new.  None of them had any markings or bent pages.

Saved close to half from new books.  Books were cheaper then buying them used from the school (OU).
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:34:54 am »

Half.com or amazon.com for used books. Then I resell them on half.com for almost as much as I paid when I'm done with the course.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:29:55 am »

Don't actually get the books. That is what they want you to do. College is a time to challenge authority.

Drink enough coffee to pay attention in class, buy some glasses that allow you to read test answers off nearby students, and buy your thesis off the internet.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:26:45 am »

http://www.allbookstores.com/

Seriously.  I saved thousands of dollars over my college epic with that site.  I can't suggest it enough.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »

I used half.com and was very pleased, 4 semesters worth of books, I know I saved a TON!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:36:40 am »

textbooks.com is another good one, they will also buy your books and send you a pre-paid postage label when you sell to them.  I don't think you will make as much as you will when selling on half.com but saves you the time of messing with it.

The main eBay site is also another place to look.

I've got one leaving for OU next Thurs, not planning on spending anything at the campus bookstore if at all possible.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
skylye
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:17:55 am »

I bought all my used collegebooks from a cool book site, that list all of the most sorted out used college text books,if it not their you can email the site and they will post the book on the site,and inform you of the listing,this site used books are from amazon,price as low as 25cent,same book that I have seen selling on Ebay for $28 Dollars or more wwww.cheapercollegebooks.worldbreak.com
check it out I save a lot of cash with this info.
NickA
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 08:26:53 pm »

amazon.com for no shipping or tax, I believe
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 07:31:45 am »

The only thing I'd add to the list is Craigslist, if you are going to TCC you can generally find someone selling what you need on there.

Other than that, I've used half.com, amazon.com, and heard good things about the others mentioned here.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 08:02:13 am »

Ever notice that more often than not the person that revives a year old dead thread has only one post and it usually pimps some website or product?

/spam

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org