A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:40:37 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macy's to Open Distribution Center - 1,500 jobs  (Read 83270 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2013, 01:36:04 pm »

If want to give Mary Fallin credit because of "the big picture", then you have to be willing to give Obama credit for the same reason.

I give Obama credit for what he has done  destroy the national economy  and kill jobs. Obama has everything in  shambles and it's not George Bush's fault anymore. Oklahoma's economy would be even better than it is today if Obama was not in the white house choking national economic growth, (If Obama would allow the Keystone pipeline it would help the economy big time)  A single state like Oklahoma can only do so much when the national economy is so grim. I do believe that with Macys here many other companies like Whirlpool will have to raise wages to keep their workers. The ripple effect of Macys will be felt all around the area.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:46:32 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2013, 01:47:12 pm »

I give Obama credit for what he has done  destroy the national economy  and kill jobs. Obama has everything in  shambles and it's not George Bush's fault anymore. Oklahoma's economy would be even better than it is today if Obama was not in the white house choking national economic growth, (If Obama would allow the Keystone pipeline it would help the economy big time)  A single state like Oklahoma can only do so much when the national economy is so grim. I do believe that with Macys here many other companies like Whirlpool will have to raise wages to keep their workers. The ripple effect of Macys will be felt all around the area.

So says the economic doctorate.   Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2013, 04:22:07 pm »

So says the economic doctorate.   Roll Eyes

It's Gaspar economics on a starvation budget.

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »

Everybody give up on this thread.

Sauerkraut is just too smart for us.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2013, 06:56:35 pm »

As your local deity-in-waiting, I declare this thread ended. Some of yunz need a stiff dose of reality, and believe me when a deity says you're in dire need of that, you'd better listen. Otherwise, it's fire and brimstone time.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 12:40:15 pm »

All hail Ed.

I just caught up on this thread.  This is a train wreck.  A Sapulpa to Midwest city kind of train wreck.

Sauer...it's "should have" et al, not "should of".  If you're going to talk stupid at least talk stupid correctly.

For the love of most working deities, use spell check.  When you stop in order to spit on the library floor, hit spell check.

You embarrass Oklahoma's educational system and you didn't even use it.

Merry Holidays and happy January 4th.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2013, 09:25:28 am »

According to the Sunday Tulsa World, the deal was hammered out fast in only 8 months  and on the afternoon of  December 09th Mary Fallin and top Macys executives met at the Governor's Mansion to seal the deal with a $1.5 Million Dollar  package. Governor Mary Fallin has a "Quick Action Closing Fund" that she created in 2011 to lure businesses to Oklahoma and that fund contributed $1.5 Million dollars to the Macys recruitment effort. Fallin gave a talk to the Regional Chamber in mid-December about the deal. If we had Governor Brad Henry in office Oklahoma Never would of got the Macys deal, that's  all I'm sayin'. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:46:29 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2013, 09:30:46 am »

In the Tulsa area alone during 2013  we  landed many other new and expanded industries such as Verizion, Taylor Forge, Midstates Petroleum, SWEP, and Mid-Con Energy to name a few, this does not count all the smaller jobs and spin off jobs that were made as a result. Tulsa did pretty darn good in 2013! Smiley

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2013, 09:34:30 am »

According to the Sunday Tulsa World, the deal was hammered out fast in only 8 months  and on the afternoon of  December 09th Mary Fallin and top Macys executives met at the Governor's Mansion to seal the deal with a $1.5 Million Dollar  package. Governor Mary Fallin has a "Quick Action Closing Fund" that she created in 2011 to lure businesses to Oklahoma and that fund contributed $1.5 Million dollars to the Macys recruitment effort. Fallin gave a talk to the Regional Chamber in mid-December about the deal. If we had Governor Bard Henry in office Oklahoma Never would of got the Macys deal.

"Would have". And yes, good ole' Bard would have made the same efforts to land the company. You should know, good businesses choose a site based on long term needs, not short term slush fund payoffs.

onward...through the fog
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2013, 02:51:23 pm »

"Would have". And yes, good ole' Bard would have made the same efforts to land the company. You should know, good businesses choose a site based on long term needs, not short term slush fund payoffs.
Brad Henry did little to help Oklahoma's economy, unemployment was sky high in his day and jobs were fleeing the state many jobs went to Texas. Brad Henry had nothing to lure in Macys, or any other company- his administration was not friendly toward business. Macys would of gone elsewhere. I'm just sayin'. Lips sealed

davideinstein
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2013, 03:06:06 pm »

Anyone who says the economy is bad is not involved in hiring people. Our company keeps growing and growing, and the manager pool keeps getting smaller and smaller.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2013, 04:03:53 pm »

Anyone who says the economy is bad is not involved in hiring people. Our company keeps growing and growing, and the manager pool keeps getting smaller and smaller.
Oklahoma & Tulsa are doing pretty darn good even with the national economy in the dumper, many states/cities still have double digit unemployment and the real unemployment number (the U-6 unemployment number) is much higher. California is in very bad shape.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2013, 06:29:15 pm »

Oklahoma & Tulsa are doing pretty darn good even with the national economy in the dumper, many states/cities still have double digit unemployment and the real unemployment number (the U-6 unemployment number) is much higher. California is in very bad shape.

Oklahoma has the 13th lowest unemployment in the nation.
http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

But then, I am sure sauerkraut already knew that. He is some economic genius.

Power is nothing till you use it.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2014, 01:47:56 pm »

If you're going to talk stupid at least talk stupid correctly.

Love it.  And it occurs to me that a lot of careers, especially in OK, have been built on this very maxim.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

Brad Henry did little to help Oklahoma's economy, unemployment was sky high in his day and jobs were fleeing the state many jobs went to Texas. Brad Henry had nothing to lure in Macys, or any other company- his administration was not friendly toward business. Macys would of gone elsewhere. I'm just sayin'. Lips sealed

I'm guessing you think you made a good post here that was insightful and repeatable. You didn't. Just sayin' don't make it so.

What leads you to believe that Brad Henry was not friendly towards business? Not what some website told you but what you actually know to be true. Do you think he could have been elected without the support of business friendly contributors? In a state dominated by oil interests?

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why the major oil companies left Tulsa to move to Texas, under the regimes of three different governors in the last two decades even though the industry remained rather strong nationwide? Was it Keating's fault, Brad's fault or Fallin's? Or is it..."thanks Obama".

And what was that sky high unemployment compared to the national rate at the time? You know, back before Obama turned the economy around and helped little Mary look good. Own any stocks during the Obama era?

Stop using other peoples words and think for yourself. Business is government....government is business. Failure to recognize that makes you a pawn, then you are more likely to say stupid stuff and people who have more knowledge belittle you.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org