A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:35:28 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran Situation REALLY Heating Up  (Read 36751 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2009, 07:13:11 am »

Anywhoo. . .

The test continues:

Reacting to Obama's comment Tuesday that he is "appalled and outraged" by crackdowns in Iran, Ahmadinejad said, "Mr Obama made a mistake to say those things ... our question is why he fell into this trap and said things that previously Bush used to say."

"Do you want to speak with this tone? If that is your stance then what is left to talk about... I hope you avoid interfering in Iran's affairs and express your regret in a way that the Iranian nation is informed of it,"

Check. . . but we still have all of our knights, bishops and our queen, we've simply moved ourselves into check in a poor attempt to castle.  Our bishop is exposed though.  So what now?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2009, 07:34:41 am »

SO Obama says nothing and our good friend in Iran says "the American people have no qualms with our handling of these rioters.  As the bastion of Democracy and freedom surely they would speak up if they thought we were doing wrong.  Even President Obama recognizes Iran's right to justly subdue riots within our borders and uphold our rule of law."

What the "President" of Iran says doesn't make the course of action or any statement any more or any less of a good decision.  He has no one in check, for Ahmadinejad insulting the United States and accusing us of some kind of meddling is akin to pushing a pawn.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2009, 08:01:47 am »

I don't think we should have allowed ourselves to be in this position.  We have always maintained a stance for freedom.  The world looks to us for immediate response and we usually offer the exact same reliable stance.  Our words have power and our message should be one of hope and strength.

With our new weak words and mixed intentions we are allowing others to poke us with a stick.  They know that eventually we will lash out, but as long as they can poke they elevate their own position in the eyes of others.

This is school-yard politics and it should have never been allowed to happen. 

The very moment that protesters began to be mowed down with machine gun fire, the President should have immediately made a strong statement and issued a warning.  Sure this would escalate the protests, but ultimately those who protest for freedom and hope and change are exactly what we want to reward in Iran.

They are a threat to everyone around them, as is N. Korea.  Weakness on our part now will only guarantee war later.  Sorry to sound like a Churchill speech.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2009, 09:32:53 am »

Graphic video from yesterday's "massacre" by a country that we do not want to meddle in:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ8L-9QQazI[/youtube]

Time to get some more ice cream, I guess.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2009, 09:44:09 am »

Graphic video from yesterday's "massacre" by a country that we do not want to meddle in:

Time to get some more ice cream, I guess.

Don't bring rocks to a gun fight.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2009, 09:48:42 am »

Don't bring rocks to a gun fight.

Ain't that the truth.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 10:54:45 am »

Reza Aslan, an Iranian author, was on the Daily Show last night and said that Obama has handled this perfectly and that McCain's comments, were he president, would end the protests giving the Iranian government victory. I'll trust his words.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=231561&title=Reza-Aslan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 11:15:53 am »

Reza Aslan, an Iranian author, was on the Daily Show last night and said that Obama has handled this perfectly and that McCain's comments, were he president, would end the protests giving the Iranian government victory. I'll trust his words.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=231561&title=Reza-Aslan

The Daily Show, huh.  Well then that settles it.
 Cheesy

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 11:33:11 am »

The Daily Show, huh.  Well then that settles it.
 Cheesy

Definitely a step up from the Tulsa Now Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:17 am »

Yup, especially since it was a real, live Iranian that said it.

As opposed to, oh, I don't know...Hannity/Beck/Limpbaugh...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:28 am »

Says the man who has been banned at least twice and KEEPS coming back.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 12:51:49 pm »

Says the man who has been banned at least twice and KEEPS coming back.

Heh, FOTD resents this remark! Got a thing against us outlaws, CF?

Just think if we would have listened to men like Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Surely civilians deaths would have occured which would have pulled the Iranian people closer to their government and probably pre-empted this new movement in Iran and nullified it before ever being concieved by these injustices.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 02:36:59 pm »

I know he's not credible at all since he was on the Daily Show, but Mr. Aslan has some more news out of Iran:

Reliable sources in Iran are suggesting that a possible compromise to put an end to the violent uprising that has rocked Iran for the past two weeks may be in the works. I have previously reported that the second most powerful man in Iran, Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani, the head of the Assembly of Experts (the body with the power to choose and dismiss the Supreme Leader) is in the city of Qom--the country's religious center--trying to rally enough votes from his fellow Assembly members to remove the current Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei from power. News out of Iran suggests that he may be succeeding. At the very least, it seems he may have gained enough support from the clerical establishment to force a compromise from Khamenei, one that would entail a run-off election between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his main reformist rival Mir Hossein Mousavi.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-06-25/a-deal-to-save-iran/
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 02:40:53 pm »

Heh, FOTD resents this remark! Got a thing against us outlaws, CF?

Just think if we would have listened to men like Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Surely civilians deaths would have occured which would have pulled the Iranian people closer to their government and probably pre-empted this new movement in Iran and nullified it before ever being concieved by these injustices.

Outlaws have balls...You have none...... Substitute dilusional coward for outlaw and you might be onto something.....

FOTD
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2009, 03:09:50 pm »

Outlaws have balls...You have none...... Substitute dilusional coward for outlaw and you might be onto something.....

It was my ballsy posts that got me evicted, sucker puncher ingnoranus.

Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an a$$hole
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org