A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:12:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503316 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1410 on: November 14, 2013, 06:32:53 pm »

Hmm.  I'd like to know then how you explain MY auto insurance, going up every year, despite that fact that I haven't had an offense in 15 years and haven't had a claim in over 20 years.

It's most likely related to the fact that any claim you might have will be more expensive than in years past.  Plus, I believe you bought a new(er) car a few months back.  I'm not saying you are getting a good deal, just giving the explanation you would get from the insurance company.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1411 on: November 14, 2013, 07:55:16 pm »

Kidding, right?  Not likely anyone here.

100% serious. There is so much man love for either Obama or ACA (or both) that someone liking the ACA should have at least used it; correct?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1412 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »

100% serious. There is so much man love for either Obama or ACA (or both) that someone liking the ACA should have at least used it; correct?

Well, they haven't dumped me from this job yet, but if it happens, I will sign up and keep you posted....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1413 on: November 14, 2013, 08:45:27 pm »

Well, they haven't dumped me from this job yet, but if it happens, I will sign up and keep you posted....

That's next year. Be patient, you'll get yours. Start updating the ol' resume.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1414 on: November 14, 2013, 08:58:07 pm »

That's next year. Be patient, you'll get yours. Start updating the ol' resume.

ALWAYS up to date!  Always keeping my eyes open and networking like a fiend...when you get to my age, it takes about 9 times as long to find the same kind of job a 40 year old can get easily.   (And yet, corporate America STILL claims to need H1-B's...)

Know anyone that needs a pretty good EE with a very decent patent and commercialized product portfolio?? 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1415 on: November 15, 2013, 09:18:25 am »

I'm curious. Who in here has managed to get signed up on the exchanges and who has had their insurance canceled?

I've got a good friend in New York City (..he never called me by name, just "hillbilly"...   Sorry, an old Hank Junior lyric crept into my head as I wrote that..) who runs a small business and so is self-employed.  He has managed to enroll through the exchange in NY and actually ended up saving money over his old policy.  That's an anomaly from what I've heard elsewhere, but he at least is happy about how things are working out.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1416 on: November 15, 2013, 09:38:18 am »

Hmm.  I'd like to know then how you explain MY auto insurance, going up every year, despite that fact that I haven't had an offense in 15 years and haven't had a claim in over 20 years.  Every agency does that to me.

Not a fair comparison, IMO.

Absolutely a fair comparison.  Your increasing premium has nothing to do with your personal driving record. The premiums keep going up for your entire risk pool due to claims of others.  Kind of a bummer that you get penalized via higher premiums due to the carelessness of others, eh?  That’s essentially what is happening with people who are finding out their health premiums took a steep increase, because previously undesirable risks are now in their risk pool.  Not only that, everyone is now required by government decree, to carry coverage in their health insurance that they do not need.

Now wipe the front end off your car and then see how dramatically your premium increases the following year.  

Wait, no, don’t go wipe the front end off, but you get my point.  And if you want a second look at your home and auto insurance, you know who to call.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:43:32 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1417 on: November 15, 2013, 10:35:31 am »

The really sad thing is that for every 50 people canceled, one has signed up for Obamacare.  It's been a rather bad month for the president, who is still under the impression that he is some form of imperial leader who can just change laws at will without the consent of congress.  Unfortunately his retreat on Obamacare may be too late, and even though it will have broad support in congress among both parties, it may have little affect on those canceled by their insurers because you just cant create new underwritten plans out of nothing.  It's going to cost the insurance companies a great deal of money to restructure plans, market, and reissue them to former customers, and I doubt many of the megga-insurers protected from competition through collusion provided through the exchanges will be thrilled to do so.  It's kinda like coming back after the failure of Cash-For-Clunkers and telling car dealers they can sell the old cars again (after they've been reduced to scrap).  

On the bright side:
The president still gets to devote much of his time to the things he enjoys most.  After a quick two hour flight on AF1 (costing taxpayers $719,000 for the trip there and back) The president shot an excellent game at Grande Oaks Golf Club in Ft. Lauderdale with NBA star Alonzo Mourning, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, and Valery Jerrett's cousin, Cyrus.  You may remember this is the famous private course where Caddyshack was filmed.  The Secret Service erected a perimeter around the course which was closed for six hours while the president's foursome played, and then enjoyed the club's signature French Dip Prime Rib samiches in the Member's Dining room.

There is no report on whether a friendly wager was agreed upon by the four, and of course there is no gambling at Bushwood!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:27:30 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1418 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:52 am »

Meh, Bushwood’s a dump.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1419 on: November 15, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

http://www.texasobserver.org/a-galveston-med-student-describes-life-and-death-in-the-safety-net

This is a good story to ignore about not having insurance and quality of care.  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:50:01 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1420 on: November 15, 2013, 02:27:31 pm »

http://www.texasobserver.org/a-galveston-med-student-describes-life-and-death-in-the-safety-net/?=fb

This is a good story to ignore about not having insurance and quality of care. 

Dead link.  Wait...behaves just like the ACA website!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1421 on: November 15, 2013, 02:29:08 pm »

Dead link.  Wait...behaves just like the ACA website!

Works fine for me.

Get off your AOL connection.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1422 on: November 15, 2013, 02:32:55 pm »

Works fine for me.

Get off your AOL connection.

Grin

AOL?

I got Compuserve!

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1423 on: November 15, 2013, 02:51:33 pm »

While I could get to the link I took off the /fb and it made it load faster (original link updated above)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1424 on: November 15, 2013, 03:07:06 pm »

AOL?

I got Compuserve!

Were you attempting to access it on your WebTV device?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org