A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:06:14 pm
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503405 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1080 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:56 pm »

Doesn't appear to be 2000 pages.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/35act.html

That can't be a proper Congressional bill!

Where's the un-related grant money for studying duck junk, building a huge library named after a legislator, providing potato salad for left-handed pygmy goats, etc?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1081 on: May 13, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »

That can't be a proper Congressional bill!

Where's the un-related grant money for studying duck junk, building a huge library named after a legislator, providing potato salad for left-handed pygmy goats, etc?

Hey, it was 1935.  "They" didn't realize that we could have ended the depression without a big war.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1082 on: May 13, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »

...left-handed pygmy goats, etc?

Goats have hands?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1083 on: July 03, 2013, 06:38:01 am »

One More Year! Employers and Democrats breathe a sigh of relief.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/07/02/white-house-delays-employer-mandate-requirement-until-2015/?print=1
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/health-law-employer-mandate-said-to-be-delayed-to-2015.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2354135/Treasury-Department-source-Obamacare-employer-mandate-wait-2015-Democrats-breathing-room-2014-midterm-elections.html#ixzz2Xz5L1Whg

A Treasury Department official who declined to be named confirmed to MailOnline on Tuesday that the Obama administration will not begin enforcing employer mandates in the Obamacare law until 2015 - one year later than originally planned - and pinned that change of direction on a combination of politics and economic realities in the marketplace.

Mark Mazur, the Assistant Treasury Secretary for Tax Policy, announced on the agency's blog that the administration 'will provide an additional year before the ... mandatory employer and insurer reporting requirements begin.'

The blog post explained that the delay was intended to leave time to simplify reporting requirements and give companies time to adapt.

But the Treasury source said the extra year will give the White House an extra year to persuade health insurers to participate in the exchanges that make up the backbone of the Affordable Care Act.

The politics. . .

First of all, who gave the president the ability to simply announce that a law will be enacted or delayed without congress? The office of the president simply does not have this power.

It is understandable that the administration would want to preserve its anemic job growth until after the election, but actions related to changing a law reside in congress.  The president does not get to dictate law.  Here are some questions to ask:

1 -Can the administration unilaterally decide when and how a law is implemented?   
2- Why is the employer mandate delayed but not the individual mandate?
3 – Why is it that the Obama administration takes executive action on complaints from large companies but individuals have to take their fight all the way to the Supreme Court?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1084 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

BWAHAHAHA!  The National Treasury Employees Union is urging it's members to write congress and ask that they not be required to participate in the Obamacare exchanges.  They like their insurance and want to keep it.    http://capwiz.com/nteu/issues/alert/?alertid=62634726&type=CO&utm_source=Illinois+Policy+Institute&utm_campaign=7790111647-0613_ecompass&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0f5a22f52c-7790111647-10830129

The National Treasury Employees Union is the union for IRS employees! Obamacare would cost their union a fortune in dues that they take from their members that we pay with our tax dollars.

So the folks responsible for overseeing Obamacare want nothing to do with it.

Freekin awesome!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1085 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »

Freekin awesome!

Trying to find a site that doesn't link to FOX news.  Forbes links to FOX and all others link to the story on Forbes.

The rest are links I don't recognize.

Got anything that isn't "F and B'd?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1086 on: July 26, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »

Trying to find a site that doesn't link to FOX news.  Forbes links to FOX and all others link to the story on Forbes.

The rest are links I don't recognize.

Got anything that isn't "F and B'd?

How about the National Treasury Employees Union website above?  Cheesy

Of course, I can understand why MSNBC, CNN and the Times would probably make this a page 12 or nothing at all.  They have to stand by their man.

It's actually kind of sad that what used to be legitimate media, now refuses to acknowledge news, and only the fringe media is willing to pick it up.

FACT: The IRS employees union wants an exemption.
FACT: The IRS is responsible for implementing Obamacare.

What part of this do you find un-newsworthy?

It's kind of like GM employees refusing to drive Chevy's because they feel they are too dangerous.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1087 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:46 pm »

How about the National Treasury Employees Union website above?  Cheesy

Your link sucked.  I was trying to find something more informative.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1088 on: July 26, 2013, 12:44:36 pm »

Your link sucked.  I was trying to find something more informative.

Sorry there were no pictures.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1089 on: July 26, 2013, 12:50:03 pm »

Sorry there were no pictures.

Good job.  More worthless crap.

Tried to give you benefit of the doubt and once again, it was pointless.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:54:01 pm by Townsend » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1090 on: July 26, 2013, 01:06:31 pm »

Good job.  More worthless crap.

Tried to give you benefit of the doubt and once again, it was pointless.

Interesting.  So do you think that employees of the IRS should be exempt from Obamacare regulations?

Why should anyone be exempt?  IT'S THE LAW! as the Whitehouse tweeted.

. . .or perhaps this is just a union thing.  Perhaps the union realizes that Obamacare is so great that it will decrease the value of unions in general as bargaining entities.  I am interested in your thoughts, not just quips.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1091 on: July 26, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

Interesting.  So do you think that employees of the IRS should be exempt from Obamacare regulations?

No opinion on the law given. 

Your political and financial opinions and links are craptacular.  I tried to get better information and you cricketed back without any helpful info.

It's on FOX.  Read all about it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1092 on: July 26, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »

No opinion on the law given.  

Your political and financial opinions and links are craptacular.  I tried to get better information and you cricketed back without any helpful info.

It's on FOX.  Read all about it.

You seem unhappy lately.

1st. . .I did not find that on Fox.  I noticed it trending on Twitter.
2nd. . .When you responded, I attempted to get you to engage in an intellectual answer instead of the typical Townsend quip.

You don't have to like me, or like what I post, but if you wish to leverage a disagreement on the validity of a post, please do so with information instead of insultation.

You still have an opportunity to counter the information presented, or at least apologize for being childish.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:44:32 pm by Gaspar » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1093 on: July 26, 2013, 01:37:05 pm »

You two simmer down there...

Don't make me post casserole recipes.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1094 on: July 26, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »

You seem unhappy lately.

1st. . .I did not find that on Fox.  I noticed it trending on Twitter.
2nd. . .When you responded, I attempted to get you to engage in an intellectual answer instead of the typical Townsend quip.

You don't have to like me, or like what I post, but if you wish to leverage a disagreement on the validity of a post, please do so with information instead of insulation.

You still have an opportunity to counter the information presented, or at least apologize for being childish.

Insulation?   As in, the material used to block the transfer of heat between areas/items of concern?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org