A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:21:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503323 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1050 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:09 am »

...was initially OK with the ACA grants (even if the 'exchange' was ok'd by former Gov Henry), but caved into political pressure from the fundie Teaheads.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Records_reveal_debate_leading_to_rejection_of_health/20130406_16_A1_ULNSbs798649

Wonder how that makes Cabbage feel about his beloved governor...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1051 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:18 pm »

After reading that story and the accompanying stories on meth raids, airport shutdowns due to sequestration and the "brokn generation" remarks, this thread might better be described as How to Survive Idiocracy.

Apparently the central core of idiocracy is not in the rural areas as I suspected, but right here in little ol green country.

Amended to add our new status as #3 in the nation in states with the highest % of hourly paid employess making minimum wage or less! Lookout Texas! We're gunnin' for ya'!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:11:07 pm by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1052 on: April 06, 2013, 07:58:06 pm »

After reading that story and the accompanying stories on meth raids, airport shutdowns due to sequestration

I've seen some stories about closing control towers at low traffic airports but I haven't seen any airports actually closing due to sequestration.

I'm sure OU and OSU would like to keep their control towers as a convenience for training.  Part time towers during sporting events would probably suffice.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1053 on: April 06, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

From what I understand they're even closing the tower at the Oshkosh Airport.

I did hear however that they've delayed the closings until June.  They were supposed to close Friday.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »

From what I understand they're even closing the tower at the Oshkosh Airport.

I did hear however that they've delayed the closings until June.  They were supposed to close Friday.

Anyone familiar with aviation will know that for a week or so they are VERY busy.  Otherwise, they average 249 operations per day.  Still busy but about 1/2 as much as Riverside (Richard Lloyd Jones) Airport by Jenks.  Of course everyone knows that airplanes cannot possibly fly without radios and control towers.  The physics of aerodynamics will not allow it.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1055 on: April 07, 2013, 08:49:06 pm »

Anti-Obamacare forces drove Gov. Mary Fallin’s health care decisions, emails show

Documents released by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin’s office display critical misunderstanding of costs related to Medicaid expansion, while direct input from the governor herself and from direct stakeholders is notably absent.

As Gov. Mary Fallin approached crucial decisions about health care reform in Oklahoma in the past two years, members of her staff routinely relied on advice from conservative political groups bent on destroying Obamacare.

More than 50,000 pages of emails released by the governor’s office are notable for a lack of debate over the merits of various policy options.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1056 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:39 pm »

Anti-Obamacare forces drove Gov. Mary Fallin’s health care decisions, emails show

Documents released by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin’s office display critical misunderstanding of costs related to Medicaid expansion, while direct input from the governor herself and from direct stakeholders is notably absent.

As Gov. Mary Fallin approached crucial decisions about health care reform in Oklahoma in the past two years, members of her staff routinely relied on advice from conservative political groups bent on destroying Obamacare.

More than 50,000 pages of emails released by the governor’s office are notable for a lack of debate over the merits of various policy options.

She's a political hack.  Profoundly stupid.  Bet she will be re-elected....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1057 on: April 08, 2013, 09:25:45 am »

Anyone familiar with aviation will know that for a week or so they are VERY busy.  Otherwise, they average 249 operations per day.  Still busy but about 1/2 as much as Riverside (Richard Lloyd Jones) Airport by Jenks.  Of course everyone knows that airplanes cannot possibly fly without radios and control towers.  The physics of aerodynamics will not allow it.

Absolutely!! Just like how not having a flight plan on file results in crashes.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1058 on: April 08, 2013, 10:33:03 am »

She's a political hack.  Profoundly stupid.  Bet she will be re-elected....

If all we wanted was a hottie to protect us from Sharia Law, we could have done much better.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1059 on: April 21, 2013, 04:52:50 pm »

"Im staying to the bitter end to make comment and ask how gov plans to do all this with NO Doctors?"  How indeed.

http://twitchy.com/2013/04/21/opthalmologists-walk-out-of-obamacare-talk-at-national-medical-meeting/

Maybe the government get these guys to cover the medical needs of the country's people needing medical help. They want it, they can administer it.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:55:20 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1060 on: April 25, 2013, 09:09:47 am »

WHAT!!!

Congressional leaders in both parties are engaged in high-level, confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from the insurance exchanges they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.

The talks — which involve Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), the Obama administration and other top lawmakers — are extraordinarily sensitive, with both sides acutely aware of the potential for political fallout from giving carve-outs from the hugely controversial law to 535 lawmakers and thousands of their aides. Discussions have stretched out for months, sources said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/obamacare-exemption-lawmakers-aides-90610.html#ixzz2RUKMTNyt

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/obamacare-exemption-lawmakers-aides-90610.html

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1061 on: April 25, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »

Sexytime.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1062 on: April 25, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »

Sexytime.

Looks like folks getting a junk adjustment. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1063 on: April 25, 2013, 03:21:26 pm »

WHAT!!!

King Dog crock of crap!!  Start writing to your Reps and Senators, girls and boys!  (Like it will do any good....)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1064 on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »

And the news keeps getting better.

In the latest preview of prices for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act, Maryland’s dominant insurer says proposed premiums for new policies for individuals will rise by 25 percent on average next year.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-living/maryland-offers-glimpse-at-obamacare-insurance-math.aspx

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org