A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:27:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503232 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #855 on: November 16, 2012, 04:25:00 pm »

Neither are 8 hour work days but it's good to have them.

That would be quite a luxury.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #856 on: November 16, 2012, 04:26:46 pm »

That would be quite a luxury.

"Work smarter, not harder."  Scrooge McDuck
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #857 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »

Health insurance isn't a basic human right.

Maybe not, but medicare and medicaid are basic American rights.

And changes are coming. More means testing. If you make over $85,000 (twice that for couples) you will end up with higher costs for drugs and higher premiums. Age will be pushed up to 67 for those under 55 today.

A good sign that parties both want to tackle this .... estimated cost goes from 520 billion next year to 930 billion in 2020.

Cuts and taxes....
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #858 on: November 16, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »

Age will be pushed up to 67 for those under 55 today.

So it's OK in your view to screw the darkies and the poor, who haven't seen the same life expectancy increases that white middle class people have?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #859 on: November 16, 2012, 08:13:33 pm »

So it's OK in your view to screw the darkies and the poor, who haven't seen the same life expectancy increases that white middle class people have?

To that I will say means testing has no blinders on.... [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boO4RowROiw&feature=BFa&list=PLEB44485416769D92[/youtube]

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:18:52 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #860 on: November 16, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

What about whites with a family history of heart disease and cancer.  One of my friends died in his 40s of a heart attack. He had a family history of heart disease and occasionally said he never expected to see 65.  Why do you want to screw people like him?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #861 on: November 16, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »

Maybe not, but medicare and medicaid are basic American rights.

Show me where that's laid out in the Constitution or BOR.

Mebbe since FDR LBJ was the President, but calling it a basic right implies it's something our founding fathers envisioned which they didn't.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #862 on: November 17, 2012, 12:58:19 am »

Show me where that's laid out in the Constitution or BOR.

Mebbe since FDR LBJ was the President, but calling it a basic right implies it's something our founding fathers envisioned which they didn't.

FDR was the correct answer. Seems you've whited out the grand entitlements which precipitated from the Great Depression. If you've paid into the system, then you are due your rights.

Just making certain you understand your right to reimbursement. You can always forego yours since it isn't in the BOR. Roll Eyes

Oh take it, you bitter American.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #863 on: November 17, 2012, 12:03:59 pm »

What about whites with a family history of heart disease and cancer.  One of my friends died in his 40s of a heart attack. He had a family history of heart disease and occasionally said he never expected to see 65.  Why do you want to screw people like him?

Yeah, it happens. My dad died of a heart attack at 46 or so. That's got love all to do with my point, which is that we often do things in this country that disproportionately hurt minorities and the poor. It's almost like there's been a race and class war on for the past 40 years.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #864 on: November 17, 2012, 01:20:46 pm »

Yeah, it happens. My dad died of a heart attack at 46 or so. That's got love all to do with my point, which is that we often do things in this country that disproportionately hurt minorities and the poor. It's almost like there's been a race and class war on for the past 40 235 years.

Sad to lose one's Father at such an early age. Cardiovascular disease kills. Be safe. Eat right. Defend yourself against stress.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #865 on: November 17, 2012, 01:54:31 pm »

Yeah, it happens. My dad died of a heart attack at 46 or so. That's got love all to do with my point, which is that we often do things in this country that disproportionately hurt minorities and the poor. It's almost like there's been a race and class war on for the past 40 years.

We've put more nets under the poor and minorities the last 40 years than at any other time other than the Great Depression.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #866 on: November 17, 2012, 05:02:09 pm »

We've put more nets under the poor and minorities the last 40 years than at any other time other than the Great Depression.

No, we put the nets under the poor and minorities between the 30s and the 60s, and we've been slowly cutting them away ever since. I chose that time period for a reason, friend.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #867 on: November 17, 2012, 05:06:22 pm »

http://video.pbs.org/video/2300849486

Conan, get educated! (please, I know it's PBS but give it a whirl!)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:08:09 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #868 on: November 17, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »

No, we put the nets under the poor and minorities between the 30s and the 60s, and we've been slowly cutting them away ever since. I chose that time period for a reason, friend.

You don't consider food stamps, unemployment, SSI, Medicaid, Medicare or Obamacare nets? 

We extended u/i benefits to 99 weeks, there are now 45+ million people getting SNAP vs. under 30 million in 2008, and Obamacare is heralded as bringing healthcare to everyone.

I hardly see that as evidence of the nets being cut away.  Please explain.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #869 on: November 17, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »

My point is that you are choosing a group that doesn't have a long life expectancy.  My chosen group doesn't have a long life expectancy either.  Minorities are not the only ones with genetic poor life expectancies.  You disappoint me.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org