A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:18:15 pm
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503236 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #690 on: July 10, 2012, 12:35:05 pm »

There will be (are) fewer insurance companies.  Only the big insurance monopolies will be able to survive, but that's ok, because there will be fewer doctors too.  Under single payer, perhaps people will be able to see the government nurse?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #691 on: July 10, 2012, 12:42:50 pm »

The Governors Opposing Obamacare: Bobby Jindal, Rick Perry, and More

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2012/07/10/the-governors-opposing-obamacare-bobby-jindal-rick-perry-and-more-photos.html#slide1

Texas governor and former candidate for the Republican presidential nomination Rick Perry said he was joining a “growing chorus” of governors when he put his foot down on Obamacare. Yet, as one of the country’s most prominent Republican governors, Perry may be the choirmaster. So far, 11 governors have said that they will not implement key elements of the Affordable Care Act, including the Medicaid expansion and the creation of state insurance exchanges, in their states. Others have said that they’re simply not fond of the health-care-reform law, or have stayed mum. Whether or not the governors will—or can—mount a crusade of any consequence against the law ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court remains to be seen.

The Daily Beast rounds up the (mostly) Republican rogues who want to flatline Obamacare.

So do they forget Oklahoma exists?  Not count Oklahoma?  Consider us part of TX?  Know our governor really doesn't matter?  Realize she doesn't understand? What?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #692 on: July 10, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2012/07/10/the-governors-opposing-obamacare-bobby-jindal-rick-perry-and-more-photos.html#slide1

So do they forget Oklahoma exists?  Not count Oklahoma?  Consider us part of TX?  Know our governor really doesn't matter?  Realize she doesn't understand? What?

thought I read somewhere when asked that she hasn't decided what she will do yet.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #693 on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

thought I read somewhere when asked that she hasn't decided what she will do yet.

Ah, she's flustered and confused.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #694 on: July 10, 2012, 01:36:58 pm »

Ah, she's flustered and confused.

Maybe she is waiting for Michelle Bachman to tell her what to do
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2012, 03:05:25 pm »

Just that simple fact lets any intelligent, thinking person know beyond any doubt that the Affordable Care Act was the right thing to do!
And if Fallin gets on board...well, that's just piling on...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #696 on: July 10, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »

Just that simple fact lets any intelligent, thinking person know beyond any doubt that the Affordable Care Act was the right thing to do!

Let's not overstate the case. It wasn't the "right" thing to do. It's better than leaving millions of people without access to health care, and it's better than letting insurance companies continue to price gouge. (too bad that part doesn't extend to everybody in the industry) However, by no means was it a reasonable way of going about it. It was written to protect some of the biggest sleazeballs in our society. The story of taking the non-profit insurers for-profit is pretty much sickening. Once again, we are rewarding people whose only success was being smart enough to commit fraud.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #697 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:43 pm »

Yeah, you are right - far from a complete 'right thing to do'.  It is a step in a direction we should have taken decades ago.  In my eternal optimism, I am hopeful that this will be a framework from which to work for improvement.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #698 on: July 10, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »

I am hopeful that this will be a framework from which to work for improvement.

Still going for that Hope & Change thing are you?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #699 on: July 10, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »

Still going for that Hope & Change thing are you?

Be better than the "Etch-A-Sketch" alternative.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #700 on: July 10, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »

Be better than the "Etch-A-Sketch" alternative.

This is America, you are entitled to hold an incorrect opinion.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #701 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:51 pm »

This is America, you are entitled to hold an incorrect opinion.

As are you.   Shocked

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #702 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »

As are you.   Shocked

You've had more creative retorts.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2012, 10:43:33 pm »

You've had more creative retorts.

Vacation is making me lazy.   Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #704 on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:29 am »

Vacation is making me lazy.   Grin

Get back to work.

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org