A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:59:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503350 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #420 on: November 14, 2011, 11:15:34 am »

Now now.  The only reason I think single payer is the way to go is that it works stupendously (better results, far cheaper costs) in every other first world country, not because I necessarily think the government is a panacea for every problem under the sun.  But this problem?  Definitely.

And you know . . . Iraq and Afghanistan have absolutely nothing to do with Obamacare.  Hence, I didn't feel the need to respond. 

I vote straight ticket (surprise!) but because 1) I tend to agree more with with Democrats than Republicans and use that as a guide if I don't know about a particular race; and 2) looking at the type of people the Republicans are putting up in local, state, and national elections, I know I'll disagree with them on just about everything.  Problem solved! 

Except that Blake Ewing cat.  I hear he's an R and I just might have to pull the lever for him anyway. 

The reality of all the other first world countries is just another rallying cry to the NIH crowd (not invented here).  Just because it works well everywhere else means we should NOT do it, most of the time.  Plus, it would be too much like we were doing the right thing for the country and its people - which is directly opposite the plans of 'you-know-who'.  ('you-know-who' is what I use when I don't want to rile Conan up to much by saying RWRE!)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #421 on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:15 am »

I was just rereading this part of the thread and literally can't figure out why we would be exempt from how single payer works everywhere else.  I'm thinking of Red Arrow's comment, "we aren't every other country in the world." 

And actually he's right, we're not.  Our preferred solution costs us much much more per patient and our outcomes are much worse.  In fact, the way we've decided to do healthcare takes up approximately 1/6th of our entire economy.  What a waste of capital. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #422 on: November 14, 2011, 11:50:06 am »

I was just rereading this part of the thread and literally can't figure out why we would be exempt from how single payer works everywhere else.  I'm thinking of Red Arrow's comment, "we aren't every other country in the world." 

And actually he's right, we're not.  Our preferred solution costs us much much more per patient and our outcomes are much worse.  In fact, the way we've decided to do healthcare takes up approximately 1/6th of our entire economy.  What a waste of capital. 

Because it's all about giving to the rich and taking from the poor.

This is just another reason why we are #38 in health care outcomes.

But, you know what?  I bet when guido's kids get out of high school and into that transition time when they used to be ineligible for his health care plan, I bet he keeps them on 'til 26 if he needs to.  Unless he does live by the conviction of his beliefs and cuts them off at 18 (or 21 depending on past plans) and let's them 'sink or swim'.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2011, 12:38:04 pm »

This is just another reason why we are #38 in health care outcomes.

You know why we are supposedly #38 in outcomes?  Because Americans do not take a proactive approach to their health.  Somehow we've been lulled into believing you can abuse your body daily and there will be a pill or procedure to cure the accumulated damage.  Obesity results in heart disease, diabetes, and many orthopedic maladies.

Don't believe me?  Take a look at obesity charts, mortality tables (i.e. longest surviving), and "outcomes".  Obesity rates are almost an exact inverse with the other metrics.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:48:01 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2011, 12:42:54 pm »

Unless he does live by the conviction of his beliefs and cuts them off at 18 (or 21 depending on past plans) and let's them 'sink or swim'.

You mean like when Warren Buffet voluntarily pays more taxes than he is required to pay?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »

You know why we are supposedly #38 in outcomes?  Because Americans do not take a proactive approach to their health.  Somehow we've been lulled into believing you can abuse your body daily and there will be a pill or procedure to cure the accumulated damage.  Obesity results in heart disease, diabetes, and many orthopedic maladies.

Don't believe me?  Take a look at obesity charts, mortality tables (i.e. longest surviving), and "outcomes".  Obesity rates are almost an exact inverse with the other metrics.

That too!  

We got massive problems - not too much pun intended.  We are in huge part just like the spaceship residents in that movie "Wall-E".

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2011, 02:36:51 pm »

You mean like when Warren Buffet voluntarily pays more taxes than he is required to pay?

Don't you think it's a little funny that you can get more than one of the top 400 asking to please be taxed more and Congress is too beholden to party politics to actually take them up on the offer?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2011, 02:45:28 pm »

Don't you think it's a little funny that you can get more than one of the top 400 asking to please be taxed more and Congress is too beholden to party politics to actually take them up on the offer?

Have them add a box for additional donations specifically for debt reduction.  Folks like Mr. Buffett can give to his heart's content.  He's also quite capable of paying himself a much larger salary which would be taxed at a much higher rate, yet he declines to do so.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #428 on: November 14, 2011, 02:58:59 pm »

Mitt Romney May Consider Privatizing The Veterans Health Care System

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/11/14/367586/mitt-romney-may-consider-privatizing-the-veterans-health-care-system/

“if other health care providers followed the VA’s lead, it would be a major step toward improving the quality of care across the U.S. health care system.”
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2011, 03:35:06 pm »

Have them add a box for additional donations specifically for debt reduction.  Folks like Mr. Buffett can give to his heart's content.  He's also quite capable of paying himself a much larger salary which would be taxed at a much higher rate, yet he declines to do so.

I will look up some talking points and get back to you, since you also seem to be content with pithy talking points.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #430 on: November 14, 2011, 03:37:45 pm »

How ‘Obamacare’ Could Lose in the Supreme Court

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/14/how-obamacare-could-lose-in-the-supreme-court.html

The Supreme Court announced today that it will rule on the constitutionality of President Obama’s signature legislative achievement: the landmark health care reform law passed in 2010. Reflecting the significance of the issues raised by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Justices set aside 5 ˝ hours for oral argument—more than five times the length of the usual hearing. For the Obama administration, the extended time is welcome news. Its lawyers may need all that time just to answer a single question: What, if any, are the limits on Congress’s power?

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #431 on: November 14, 2011, 03:43:28 pm »

I will look up some talking points and get back to you, since you also seem to be content with pithy talking points.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #432 on: November 14, 2011, 03:50:45 pm »

what
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #433 on: November 14, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »

what

He found the GIF and had the shakes he wanted to use it so bad.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #434 on: November 14, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

You Teabagger/GOPer's really don't want SCOTUS ruling in your favor, do you?

I mean, it's your only issue 'cept for RomneyCare in the coming year.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org