A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:52:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503350 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #390 on: June 30, 2011, 07:57:29 am »

Interesting piece on the subject:

"No evidence. When legislation creates new kinds of health models, or even expands a local model to a national one, the CBO often has little or no evidence for its projections. With health legislation, as opposed to, say, building new bombers, the CBO must try to determine costs for both the system and how changes would affect human behavior. When Congress proposed a "doughnut hole" in Medicare benefits coverage, something no commercial policy had ever used, the CBO had to guess how the system would react. It overestimated the cost by about 35 percent, according to some estimates. In the current reform debate, there's disagreement between the CBO and the White House's Office of Management and Budget over how many billions can be saved by tweaking Medicare benefits, with the CBO coming in on the low end of the spectrum. Who's right? The safe bet is that no one knows."

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2009/10/08/why-the-cbo-s-estimates-shouldn-t-count-for-much.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #391 on: June 30, 2011, 04:27:18 pm »

That information has been on this site for at least a year.  All over the internet and news - including Fox - for the same time.  Neurons fading??  That's supposed to be my old age problem, not yours.

Each CBO snapshot is a picture at a moment in time.  It changes yearly, monthly, and sometimes weekly.  This one has remained steady and I read something that I may try to go find again that said it was expected to be even bigger savings than originally calculated.

Wouldn't that put a twist in the panties of the RWRE??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »

That information has been on this site for at least a year.  All over the internet and news - including Fox - for the same time.  Neurons fading??  That's supposed to be my old age problem, not yours.

Each CBO snapshot is a picture at a moment in time.  It changes yearly, monthly, and sometimes weekly.  This one has remained steady and I read something that I may try to go find again that said it was expected to be even bigger savings than originally calculated.

Wouldn't that put a twist in the panties of the RWRE??

I expect the Thunder to win the NBA championship next year, but we won't know for certain until next June, now will we?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2011, 08:06:41 pm »

I expect the Thunder to win the NBA championship next year, but we won't know for certain until next June, now will we?

You sound like one of the %70 Republicans who can't make their mind up but they sure do not want any of the announced candidates for Prez. Predictions for next June?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:03 pm »

Especially if they're still locked out, as they are right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_lockout_players_063011

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #395 on: October 14, 2011, 02:54:46 pm »

The CLASS program was just cut out of Obamacare.  Basically everyone agreed it was poo-poo math, and so the administration pulled it out of the bill.

Now half of the accounting gimmicks are gone, and what is left is a disjointed trash heap.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_LONG_TERM_CARE_PROGRAM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-14-15-24-47

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #396 on: October 14, 2011, 03:05:57 pm »

So was my original characterization of "pile" very far off the mark?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #397 on: October 14, 2011, 03:14:05 pm »

So was my original characterization of "pile" very far off the mark?

As my 3yo would say. . .It's a fartcloud!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #398 on: October 14, 2011, 04:47:53 pm »

Obamacare provisions being withdrawn by Obama's administration:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration Friday pulled the plug on a major program in the president's signature health overhaul law - a long-term care insurance plan dogged from the beginning by doubts over its financial solvency.

Targeted by congressional Republicans for repeal, the program became the first casualty in the political and policy wars over the health care law. It had been expected to launch in 2013.

"This is a victory for the American taxpayer and future generations," said Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., spearheading opposition in the Senate. "The administration is finally admitting (the long-term care plan) is unsustainable and cannot be implemented."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_LONG_TERM_CARE_PROGRAM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-14-15-24-47

I guess we should have read the bill before passing it.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #399 on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »

Obamacare provisions being withdrawn by Obama's administration:

I guess we should have read the bill before passing it.

Never! You have to pass them to find out what's in them!
They are like presents.

I wonder how many millions or billions were wasted before this was trashed?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #400 on: October 14, 2011, 09:20:19 pm »

According to FMC, Aflac has far better products than CLASS.  Lower premium, better benefit, very similar product to what I'm reading CLASS was.  That's not an ad for her FYI, she's not appointed with the duck people Wink

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2011, 12:55:42 pm »

I wonder how many millions or billions were wasted before this was trashed?

It doesn't matter. Remember, Iraq and Afghanistan cost much much more. There, got the straw man out of the way.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »

It doesn't matter. Remember, Iraq and Afghanistan cost much much more. There, got the straw man out of the way.

Peanut gallery is strangely silent.  Of course they didn't go single-payer like Nate and Wevus wanted.  That would have been so much better.

Who else believed the government monopolizing the health insurance industry would translates into better results in healthcare? Yeah, I used to believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny too.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »

I don't think this will be the big election issue that republicans want it to be. I believe the nominee will be Mitt Romney and he can't run against his own idea.

I know the republicans will simplify their message into something that doesn't affect most of us anyway. It will be flag-burning or gay marriage or some other topic to enflame the less educated populace to vote straight ticket GOP.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2011, 07:38:00 pm »

I don't think this will be the big election issue that republicans want it to be. I believe the nominee will be Mitt Romney and he can't run against his own idea.

I know the republicans will simplify their message into something that doesn't affect most of us anyway. It will be flag-burning or gay marriage or some other topic to enflame the less educated populace to vote straight ticket GOP.

Spoken like a true Democratic Party worker.  I would expect nothing less.

Voting a straight Democratic ticket is just as stupid (actually more in my opinion) as voting straight Republican.  Both parties have their hot topics to inflame (alternate spelling, I looked it up) their less educated populace.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org