A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:52:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1479963 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3300 on: June 06, 2018, 09:55:10 am »

Summer Zervos’ lawyers have subpoenaed a ton of information Trump won’t want in public. This is what the courts have said that Trump and others will have to provide in the next few weeks and what Trump will have to talk to in a deposition:

All documents concerning Summer Zervos and other women who have accused Trump of groping them, including Jessica Leeds, Mindy McGillivray, Rachel Crooks, Natasha Stoynoff, Temple Taggart, Kristin Anderson, Cathy Heller, Jill Harth, and Jessica Drake.

They want all documents concerning any accusations that were made during Donald J. Trump’s election campaign for president, that he subjected any woman to unwanted sexual touching and/or sexually inappropriate behavior including all documents about Trump’s fake persona John Barry and his former bodyguard Kurt Schiller.

All documents about his travel to California and his stays at the Beverly Hills Hotel in December 2007.

All documents about any woman who has asserted Trump touched them inappropriately and any of his statements about those women.

All documents about the Access Hollywood tape.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...p-Lawsuit.html

They also issued subpoenas to NBC and MGM for any video or audio recordings in which the President speaks in a "sexual or inappropriate manner" about women in tapes from The Apprentice. And issued a subpoena to The Beverly Hills Hotel for any video or audio recordings of Trump staying at the hotel.

And let's be very clear, this isn't about his sex life, this is about his sexual assaults of at least a dozen women. That we know about, that don't have a NDA in place.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3301 on: June 06, 2018, 02:36:46 pm »

Finally. THIS will be the thing that will get Hillary into the White House.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3302 on: June 06, 2018, 02:47:18 pm »

Finally. THIS will be the thing that will get Hillary into the White House.

No, but it might get somebody, anybody, else in there...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3303 on: June 06, 2018, 04:48:05 pm »

No, but it might get somebody, anybody, else in there...

Hope your right. I am just fed up with ISIS getting their butts kicked, a roaring economy, lower taxes, and those hostages being returned home. What a nightmare.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3304 on: June 06, 2018, 05:10:31 pm »

Now this moron doesn't know who burned down the White House in 1814 during the War of 1812.   Roll Eyes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/06/06/cnn-report-trump-war-1812-trudeau-tariffs/677956002/

Even if this WAS a joke, in keeping with Cheeto Jesus' MO, it was in not very good taste.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3305 on: June 06, 2018, 06:15:56 pm »

Hope your right. I am just fed up with ISIS getting their butts kicked, a roaring economy, lower taxes, and those hostages being returned home. What a nightmare.
Those hostages that were taken while Trump was president?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3306 on: June 06, 2018, 09:38:29 pm »

Those hostages that were taken while Trump was president?

I didn't know Trump was president in 2016 when Wambier was imprisoned, or when Kim Dong-chul was arrested by NorK in 2015. Thanks for clarifying that. I mean, you wouldn't want to look like a buffoonish ahole by making that kind of mistake, amirite?

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3307 on: June 06, 2018, 10:21:21 pm »

I didn't know Trump was president in 2016 when Wambier was imprisoned, or when Kim Dong-chul was arrested by NorK in 2015. Thanks for clarifying that. I mean, you wouldn't want to look like a buffoonish ahole by making that kind of mistake, amirite?

Doesn't matter, it's Trumps fault, just like Kaepernick started kneeling in September 2016 was Trumps fault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/sports/football/colin-kaepernick-kneels-national-anthem-protest.html

And Darren Wilson wasn't prosecuted for shooting Michael Brown was Trumps fault and not Eric "We will find Darren Wilson guilty and convict him" Holder.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:25:30 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3308 on: June 07, 2018, 06:33:16 am »

Now this moron doesn't know who burned down the White House in 1814 during the War of 1812.   Roll Eyes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/06/06/cnn-report-trump-war-1812-trudeau-tariffs/677956002/

Even if this WAS a joke, in keeping with Cheeto Jesus' MO, it was in not very good taste.

I actually thought considering he was asked to defend his position on tariffs for national security (which I don't agree with), it was a pretty funny joke. Ever consider these are human beings like you and I (well sort of) that are having these conversations? Bringing a little levity to a serious conversation is not a bad thing. It's only funny because now there is basically zero chance that would ever happen again. It would be different if we had a Gaza strip next door.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3309 on: June 07, 2018, 06:39:01 am »

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/today-we-celebrate-the-time-canada-burned-down-the-white-house-127844144/

What is heir always saying...history man...history.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #3310 on: June 07, 2018, 08:25:44 am »

Let's see...   

His handling of ISIS and related is continuing the Obama Admin's stance, and while I applaud the continued progress, Trump has not done anything special there.

Economy.  There was actually an article  yesterday in the World that adressed this some:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/politifact/politifact-check-how-strong-have-job-gains-been-since-the/article_dea563ef-1f26-52cd-8227-e7340161cb2e.html]http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/politifact/politifact-check-how-strong-have-job-gains-been-since-the/article_dea563ef-1f26-52cd-8227-e7340161cb2e.html[/url]
I've said before that I think a sitting President gets to take credit for the immediate economy, even though he has little to do with it. But fair is fair, so I'm glad the economy is doing well.  But per the article, it is simply a continuation of the growth that started under Obama.  So, again, nothing special for Trump there.

Lower Taxes.  Again, kind of half-@@$$ed effort.  Not sure it helped or hurt, and probably is more a political stunt than anything.  If he (and the GOP in general) want real kudos, fix the deficit. 

The hostage return (and North Korea in general).   The hostages themselves are, I suppose, emotionally gratifying but nothing of real consequence.
 But this is one area where Trump's style might actually work, as it is one egomaniac dealing with another.  They understand each other (and I don't mean that specifically as a compliment to Trump, but hey, whatever it takes).  But even on this issue, we've had no real breakthroughs.  If Trump manages to actually get the Summit, and something legitimate comes out of it that settles down that part of the world and brings North Korea more into the global economy, then excellent and I'll give him props for that.

But none of the above compensates for the flood-tide of negative idiocy in multiple forms that has been exhibited by the President, and so my overall opinion stands that virtually any of the major candidates from the last election would have been a better choice than Trump.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3311 on: June 07, 2018, 09:32:54 am »

Short memory.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21419.msg324876#msg324876

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3312 on: June 07, 2018, 09:57:16 am »

Two of the three prisoners that Kim released as a "good will" gesture had been in DPRK custody for less than a year.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3313 on: June 07, 2018, 10:05:46 am »

I actually thought considering he was asked to defend his position on tariffs for national security (which I don't agree with), it was a pretty funny joke. Ever consider these are human beings like you and I (well sort of) that are having these conversations? Bringing a little levity to a serious conversation is not a bad thing. It's only funny because now there is basically zero chance that would ever happen again. It would be different if we had a Gaza strip next door.

It might have been a funny joke if he were speaking to the Brits, but this simply showed his ignorance.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3314 on: June 07, 2018, 10:12:52 am »

It might have been a funny joke if he were speaking to the Brits, but this simply showed his ignorance.

How so?

Or how can you be so certain?

I wouldn't question you if you said it showed that he doesn't understand decorum or whatever.

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org