A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:35:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480007 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3255 on: June 01, 2018, 08:13:51 pm »

Hoist one for Trump this weekend haters....

225,000 New jobs...

Unemployment at an 18 year low...

Minority Unemployment at all time lows...

Historic negotiations with N.K....

Looks like a rough weekend for the forums resident Speed Humps and Chumps....24/7-365...

How about a thank you to Obama?  Trump did not do this all on his lonely self.  In spite of what he might want the world to think. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3256 on: June 01, 2018, 08:15:58 pm »

Exactly!   I have also made that point repeatedly.

Not sure why I included blacks (African slaves). Indians yes, that is similar. But again, we did nothing that individual tribes hadn't been doing for centuries before we got here. We just happened to end up on the winning side (ala Israel) so we get to write the history books where we are the good guy. This has happened as long as there has been man inhabiting this earth. And before that, animals did the same. It is primal to expand your territory.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3257 on: June 01, 2018, 08:17:11 pm »

How about a thank you to Obama?  Trump did not do this all on his lonely self.  In spite of what he might want the world to think. 

So question:

Is this all happening in spite of the worst president humanity of all time has ever seen and ever will?

Or is Trump at minimum aiding in this expansion economy (recent tariff announcement withstanding)?

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3258 on: June 01, 2018, 08:19:31 pm »

Kim Jong Un will likely make President Dotard look a fool.  I truly hope not but this has been a Charlie Fox since the inception.

China isn't helping. Basically NK is the proxy for China. It's a complicated game they are all playing, and yes, I hope Trump (and his handlers) know what they are doing. His move with Iran gives me hope. I think NK/China has seen that we mean business and are adjusting accordingly. What that really amounts to I'm not sure. He hasn't done anything (yet) that makes me think that he is outmatched, so I will reserve judgement till then.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3259 on: June 01, 2018, 08:25:34 pm »

You realize that the West Bank and other occupied territories are being treated as if part of Israel.  Can't have it both ways.   And what they are doing, as I have mentioned before IS illegal under the treaties Israel is signatory to.  As well as their internal law, as clarified by their Supreme Court.  They are a criminal nation at this point in time.

As for both sides not playing it straight, well if you take just a tiny little step back in history, just before Israel became recognized as a state, the Israeli's WERE a terrorist organization.  So a terrorist organization IS running the whole area - two of them!   Going back until at least the late 1800's.   But that is tough to justify with the RWRE mindset about Israel having to be in existence so Jesus will be able to find his way back...

I think if you were to talk to most maybe not super interested people about the mid-east, they would hardly characterize Israel as a terrorist state because, well, you know how people imagine terrorists looking (I know that's probably racist thing to say, but you know people think it anyway). Israel however has top notch education systems, western looking cities (with English signs no less), some of the most brilliant minds in science and technology (particularly health care tech). It's hardly what an average US citizen envisions when they think of a terrorist state.

I understand you are using literal definitions, and would include the early Euro settlers here as terrorists. But in reality that's not how normal people use that term, incorrectly or not.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3260 on: June 02, 2018, 12:32:33 pm »

I think if you were to talk to most maybe not super interested people about the mid-east, they would hardly characterize Israel as a terrorist state because, well, you know how people imagine terrorists looking (I know that's probably racist thing to say, but you know people think it anyway). Israel however has top notch education systems, western looking cities (with English signs no less), some of the most brilliant minds in science and technology (particularly health care tech). It's hardly what an average US citizen envisions when they think of a terrorist state.

I understand you are using literal definitions, and would include the early Euro settlers here as terrorists. But in reality that's not how normal people use that term, incorrectly or not.

Yeah, that's a racist thing to say. Do you want to talk terrorism?

120 Palestinians killed in the last six weeks, more than 12,000 injured. No Israeli injuries at all. None. Zero. We veto a resolution calling for international protection for the people of Gaza as "one sided" at UN Security Council.

Moving the embassy has been a complete disaster, as everyone knew it would be. Our own proposal at the UN regarding Gaza got just one vote. Ours. We are completely isolated in the world.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/390347-us-vetoes-un-resolution-offering-protection-for-palestinians

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/06/vetoes-unsc-resolution-protection-palestinians-180601201831238.html

And you need to get out more. Street signs in English? You see that in many places. My daughter just did her springbreak in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Aman. From her pictures Aman is a beautiful city with many signs in English. Dubai is like Las Vegas on steroids. With signs in English.

And if you want to talk terrorist. Christopher Columbus is one of the very worst people in all of history in the entire world. Terrorist doesn't even do him justice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/columbus-exposed-as-iron-fisted-tyrant-who-tortured-his-slaves-6094870.html

There was nothing trivial about Columbus’ violent destruction of Taíno people. While the sailor and his crew are sometimes lumped in with all the other conquest-crazy Europeans of their era, their particular cruelty can’t be so easily exonerated and shouldn’t be ignored.

Natives were regularly whipped for what Columbus considered minor offenses — but stealing a vegetable or animal could result in cutting off a Taíno’s nose, ear, or hand; the offender was sometimes forced to walk around with their severed body part in shame. Columbus took and gifted Taíno women to his crewmen, who would violently beat and rape them. Pregnant Taíno women who were taken captive gave birth to babies who were sometimes thrown to hungry dogs. Columbus established a business in the sale of 9- and 10-year-old Taíno girls for sexual slavery. He also kidnapped and enslaved Taínos themselves — personally initiating the transatlantic slave trade in his voyage back to Europe.

https://grist.org/politics/heres-the-real-story-of-columbus-that-people-prefer-to-ignore/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:03:09 pm by swake » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3261 on: June 02, 2018, 03:51:45 pm »

M.A.G.A...One Handshake at a time...This should trigger the members of the C.j.C. on the board...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkhbHlqPj_E

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3262 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:42 pm »

Yeah, that's a racist thing to say. Do you want to talk terrorism?

120 Palestinians killed in the last six weeks, more than 12,000 injured. No Israeli injuries at all. None. Zero. We veto a resolution calling for international protection for the people of Gaza as "one sided" at UN Security Council.

Moving the embassy has been a complete disaster, as everyone knew it would be. Our own proposal at the UN regarding Gaza got just one vote. Ours. We are completely isolated in the world.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/390347-us-vetoes-un-resolution-offering-protection-for-palestinians

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/06/vetoes-unsc-resolution-protection-palestinians-180601201831238.html

And you need to get out more. Street signs in English? You see that in many places. My daughter just did her springbreak in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Aman. From her pictures Aman is a beautiful city with many signs in English. Dubai is like Las Vegas on steroids. With signs in English.

And if you want to talk terrorist. Christopher Columbus is one of the very worst people in all of history in the entire world. Terrorist doesn't even do him justice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/columbus-exposed-as-iron-fisted-tyrant-who-tortured-his-slaves-6094870.html

https://grist.org/politics/heres-the-real-story-of-columbus-that-people-prefer-to-ignore/

How many Israeli's were charging the fence and hurling stuff into Gaza again. Oh that's right.

Keep sympathizing with Hamas. It fits you well.

Also thank you for the little geography lesson that had absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making (comparing Isreal to an actual terrorist state of Hamas).

I'm not even gonna go back and try to measure atrocities of civilizations hundreds of years ago. The world was a different place. And I sure as hell couldn't do anything about it now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-rockets/israel-strikes-hamas-sites-in-gaza-after-militants-fire-rockets-idUSKCN1IY0NT

smile like this happens every day there. Hamas provokes, Israel responds. Hamas stated goal is to replace Israel, not just to be left alone. So I don't really see this ending in a way that I think you will be happy with. (None of this applies to the West Bank mind you. Circumstances there are drastically different, just wanted to be clear)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:46:54 pm by erfalf » Logged

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3263 on: June 02, 2018, 10:04:39 pm »

Lol....This is Hilarious....!!!!!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3264 on: June 03, 2018, 09:26:42 am »

We also didn't consider the German Nazi's to be terrorists until very, very,  late 1941.  In fact, our very own Bush family continued doing business with them well into 1942 until FDR finally got Congress to put a stop to that - with great difficulty.  And the German's had the most brilliant minds in science and technology...hardly what the average US citizen of that time envisioned when they thought terrorist state.  Actually, they were thinking that the Israelis' were the terrorists at that time.  And since the Arabs had oil, and had invented the number 0, giving science and technology the long awaited boost to allow it to grow, they were considered good guys.    But your view of history has its adherents, too....

And that view's appalling lack of knowledge and sense of history is shameful.

And isn't that the biggest shame of all?  That Euro settlers are not considered terrorists, when that is exactly what they were/are?   And if that is "normal", well, that is not just shameful, it is sick, twisted, and perverted.  But hey, you got your RWRE going on, so that justifies everything.

Little side note - as would be expected - the Tea Party...all talk, no substance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/end-era-tea-party-class-house-republicans-fades-121800857--politics.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3265 on: June 03, 2018, 09:29:58 am »

Lol....This is Hilarious....!!!!!!

Still hitting the nitrous we see...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3266 on: June 03, 2018, 11:43:21 am »

How many Israeli's were charging the fence and hurling stuff into Gaza again. Oh that's right.

Keep sympathizing with Hamas. It fits you well.

Also thank you for the little geography lesson that had absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making (comparing Isreal to an actual terrorist state of Hamas).

I'm not even gonna go back and try to measure atrocities of civilizations hundreds of years ago. The world was a different place. And I sure as hell couldn't do anything about it now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-rockets/israel-strikes-hamas-sites-in-gaza-after-militants-fire-rockets-idUSKCN1IY0NT

smile like this happens every day there. Hamas provokes, Israel responds. Hamas stated goal is to replace Israel, not just to be left alone. So I don't really see this ending in a way that I think you will be happy with. (None of this applies to the West Bank mind you. Circumstances there are drastically different, just wanted to be clear)

I am not a Hamas supporter, but we all should have some real sympathy for what is being done to the Palestinians and the current Israeli leadership with our backing is doing everything they can to make the situation worse.  I pointed out Amman because it's an Arab city not even 10 miles from the West Bank so advanced that it has "signs in English." Hell, Amman is only 45 miles from Jerusalem with the entire West Bank in between. About the distance of Bartlesville to Tulsa. Amman and Jordan in general, populated by the same ethnic people as the West Bank and Gaza, has no problems with terrorism. How can that be if they are such animals? Maybe it's the situation under which they have to live their lives.

And actually, all the street signs in the West Bank are also in English. Israel doesn't allow the Palestinians to put up their own road signs. There are reasons, that Israel is shares a ton of fault for, that there are terrorists in the West Bank and Gaza. From another perspective those terrorists might just be called "freedom fighters", especially after 70 years of armed occupation. Consider that.

You said:
would include the early Euro settlers here as terrorists
I pointed out that Columbus very much acted like a terrorist. Or worse. And what he did wasn't because "The world was a different place", he was arrested for it and shipped back to Spain.  He was awful then as well.

Trump's actions have real consequences. And he just doesn't care or is too stupid to realize it. The stupid trade war he's started with our damn allies is yet another example.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3267 on: June 03, 2018, 03:35:13 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3268 on: June 03, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »

Okay, explain to me how President Obama brought unemployment back from 9.6 to 4.8 and gets nothing but dissed.  President Trump took over a year to take unemployment from 4.8 to 3.8 and all you can do is act like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread?  I don't get it.  The thing is President Obama handed President Trump a gift and you say he was the worst president ever.  Look at those point spreads and help me understand how a rise of 4.8 points is less than 1 point.  Thanks, I am listening. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3269 on: June 03, 2018, 06:46:22 pm »

Okay, explain to me how President Obama brought unemployment back from 9.6 to 4.8 and gets nothing but dissed.  President Trump took over a year to take unemployment from 4.8 to 3.8 and all you can do is act like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread?  I don't get it.  The thing is President Obama handed President Trump a gift and you say he was the worst president ever.  Look at those point spreads and help me understand how a rise of 4.8 points is less than 1 point.  Thanks, I am listening. 

Lol..Jesus wept...!!!

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org