A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:20:10 pm
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480203 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3240 on: June 01, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »

I believe over half were documented to have been terror operatives, and as you know they like to use human/women/child shields. So yes, I meant terrorists.

If those numbers came from (or were derivative of) Israeli government they arent worth the parchment they were written on due to the obvious conflicts of interest.   Its the pot calling the kettle black.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3241 on: June 01, 2018, 12:59:40 pm »

If those numbers came from (or were derivative of) Israeli government they arent worth the parchment they were written on due to the obvious conflicts of interest.   Its the pot calling the kettle black.

By conflict of interest I assume you mean normally targets of Hamas rockets. Right?

Let's trust the group that puts women on the front line as a disguise instead?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:04:44 pm by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3242 on: June 01, 2018, 01:59:04 pm »

While a sane leader would have demanded that Iran comply with UN sanctions prior to this new deal, we did not.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/5/8/17326650/iran-nuclear-deal-withdraw-trump-speech-goldberg-interview

Do you mean like we insist on Israel complying with UN sanctions and hundreds of resolutions before we deal with them?   Double standard moment.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3243 on: June 01, 2018, 02:00:52 pm »

By conflict of interest I assume you mean normally targets of Hamas rockets. Right?

Let's trust the group that puts women on the front line as a disguise instead?

Where is that indignation over what Israel has done to the Palestinians since 1947??   I guess they just don't matter...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3244 on: June 01, 2018, 02:19:51 pm »

Where is that indignation over what Israel has done to the Palestinians since 1947??   I guess they just don't matter...

I guess if we want to play that game, we are no better because of what we have done to the Indians and blacks.

Come on now.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3245 on: June 01, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »

I guess if we want to play that game, we are no better because of what we have done to the Indians and blacks.

Come on now.

No, but at least black people and natives are now citizens, with full rights and the ability to vote.

Instead of being stateless and voiceless living in refugee camps in military occupied territory for most of the last century. The most comparable American part of history would be if we had left the Japanese in our internment camps since WWII until today. In fact the Japanese internment began just seven years before Israel began the occupation of the Palestinians. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:34:31 pm by swake » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3246 on: June 01, 2018, 02:31:48 pm »

This just gets stupider and stupider.

We are putting tariffs on steel from Canada. But Canada is the largest importer of American steel, importing almost half of our steel exports. In fact we have a $2 billion trade surplus on steel with Canada.

This action is actually going to HURT the very industry it purports to protect. Trump is a complete idiot.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2018/05/31/justin-trudeau-says-donald-trumps-tariff-rationale-absurd/660461002/
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3247 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:17 pm »

No, but at least black people and natives are now citizens, with full rights and the ability to vote.

Instead of being stateless and voiceless living in refugee camps in military occupied territory for most of the last century. The most comparable American part of history would be if we had left the Japanese in our internment camps since WWII until today. In fact the Japanese internment began just seven years before Israel began the occupation of the Palestinians. 

You realize Arabs that live in Israel do have citizenship rights. However the West Bank and such are occupied territories. I'm really not sure what right the rest of the world has to determine Israel's destiny when it comes to expanding or receding it's territories. But in the case of these two people's conflict, each party hasn't exactly played it straight, both have made some pretty monumental mistakes. Which is why we are here. However a terrorist organization more or less runs the West Bank, so yes I will take Israel's side every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3248 on: June 01, 2018, 03:37:38 pm »

Hamas has been battling Palestine and Israel for Gaza since 2007.

Since seizing control of Gaza in 2007, Hamas has stayed in power despite international pressure, mini-wars with Israel, and constant efforts by its Palestinian Authority rival to weaken it. Over the years, Hamas has developed increasingly professional military forces. It has built or acquired a massive rocket arsenal with ranges that have grown to encompass almost all of Israel. Hamas has also built tunnels to smuggle operatives into Israel and within Gaza to ambush Israeli forces should they invade. Its provision of welfare services made it popular in the past, and now the group provides law and order and uses its control of government—and particularly its effective security apparatus—to keep itself in power in Gaza. And perhaps most important, the corruption, incompetence, and weak leadership of the PA have diminished Hamas’ most important rival. The risk of war is always high.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/03/19/why-israel-is-stuck-with-hamas/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/01/hamas-hand-over-control-of-crossings-to-palestinian-authority

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14630174
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:49:33 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3249 on: June 01, 2018, 03:57:17 pm »

You realize Arabs that live in Israel do have citizenship rights. However the West Bank and such are occupied territories. I'm really not sure what right the rest of the world has to determine Israel's destiny when it comes to expanding or receding it's territories. But in the case of these two people's conflict, each party hasn't exactly played it straight, both have made some pretty monumental mistakes. Which is why we are here. However a terrorist organization more or less runs the West Bank, so yes I will take Israel's side every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I do know that Israel has Arab citizens. And sorta-citizen Muslim Arabs in Jerusalem. But the people in the West Bank who are not Jewish, are NOT citizens and have no rights. And some of them are Christian. If you were born into that kind of bondage, you might be kinda angry too. And 99% of the people in the West Bank and Gaza were born after 1947 and have known no other life than occupation and had no involvement in how that happened. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3250 on: June 01, 2018, 04:35:38 pm »

Come on now.

Exactly!   I have also made that point repeatedly.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3251 on: June 01, 2018, 04:48:58 pm »

You realize that the West Bank and other occupied territories are being treated as if part of Israel.  Can't have it both ways.   And what they are doing, as I have mentioned before IS illegal under the treaties Israel is signatory to.  As well as their internal law, as clarified by their Supreme Court.  They are a criminal nation at this point in time.

As for both sides not playing it straight, well if you take just a tiny little step back in history, just before Israel became recognized as a state, the Israeli's WERE a terrorist organization.  So a terrorist organization IS running the whole area - two of them!   Going back until at least the late 1800's.   But that is tough to justify with the RWRE mindset about Israel having to be in existence so Jesus will be able to find his way back...

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3252 on: June 01, 2018, 05:06:22 pm »

I'm trying to understand how removing regulations on the killing of whales and sea turtles in commercial fishing nets - regulations that were backed by commercial fisheries - are meant to be an improvement. Commercial fishing faced two problems: the PR aspect of killing whales and turtles as well as the long term sustainability of their business. These regulations addressed both.

How does Trump arrive at these decisions?

In a greasy brown paper sack full of money that gets stapled shut so there's no peeking?
(Quick, look the other way...)

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered Energy Secretary Rick Perry to halt the shutdown of ailing coal and nuclear power plants that he said were needed to maintain the nation's energy mix, grid resilience and national security.

The idea of declaring an emergency under the Defense Production Act of 1950 (used by President Harry Truman for the steel industry) and section 202 of the Federal Power Act has been promoted by the chief executives of the coal mining firm Murray Energy and Ohio utility First Energy, both of whom have contributed heavily to President Trump's political activities.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-coal-nuclear-power-plants-20180601-story.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3253 on: June 01, 2018, 06:25:26 pm »

Hoist one for Trump this weekend haters....

225,000 New jobs...

Unemployment at an 18 year low...

Minority Unemployment at all time lows...

Historic negotiations with N.K....

Looks like a rough weekend for the forums resident Speed Humps and Chumps....24/7-365...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3254 on: June 01, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »

Hoist one for Trump this weekend haters....

225,000 New jobs...

Unemployment at an 18 year low...

Minority Unemployment at all time lows...

Historic negotiations with N.K....

Looks like a rough weekend for the forums resident Speed Humps and Chumps....24/7-365...

Kim Jong Un will likely make President Dotard look a fool.  I truly hope not but this has been a Charlie Fox since the inception.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org