A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:10:34 pm
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480155 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1710 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »

Visiting the injured and health care workers.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/915722355757985792

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1711 on: October 06, 2017, 07:40:50 am »

Visiting the injured and health care workers.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/915722355757985792

Highlighting his lies now, are you??   He tweeted the DOW is up 24% since the election....  yeah, right... another thing he knows nothing about - math.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1712 on: October 06, 2017, 07:45:51 am »

Highlighting his lies now, are you??   He tweeted the DOW is up 24% since the election....  yeah, right... another thing he knows nothing about - math.

Did he tweet about the 33k jobs lost last month. The first negative job growth for a month in 7 years? I think not.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1713 on: October 06, 2017, 07:51:49 am »

Did he tweet about the 33k jobs lost last month. The first negative job growth for a month in 7 years? I think not.

That's just a temporary blip - storm related.  We are still growing overall but at a slower pace than when Obama was there. 

Trump promised us 140,000 new jobs a month - much less than the 200,000 a month we were getting.  And he is driving us down to that point as fast as he can.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1714 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:50 am »

Hey, did you all hear about Milo's emails getting hacked? Yeah, he and Bannon are buddies with and worked directly with Nazi's on Breitbart content for years. At Bannon's direction Milo let Nazis like Richard Spencer gave ideas for articles and even allowed them to edit articles.

Milo's passwords were references to massacres of jews by the Nazi's. There's even video of him singing Karaoke while nazi give him the Nazi salute in a bar.

You know what that makes them, it makes them Nazis. The Alt Right is led by actual Nazis, they just try to hide it, a little.

Trump brought actual Nazis into the White House. I wonder when the tapes from The Apprentice are leaked with all of Trump's personal nasty racism on display is going to happen?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1715 on: October 09, 2017, 09:43:51 am »

Trump brought actual Nazis into the White House. I wonder when the tapes from The Apprentice are leaked with all of Trump's personal nasty racism on display is going to happen?

The Heart of Texas is in Moscow.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/facebook-russia-fake-posts-trump-election-clinton-20171006.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #1716 on: October 09, 2017, 10:07:55 am »

Possibly Russian Facebook account supports Trump  (bad?)

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in direct contributions to Clinton Foundation from foreign interests  (good?)

I see how this logic works.   Any stone you can throw to make your point, right?
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1717 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:51 am »

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in direct contributions to Clinton Foundation from foreign interests  (good?)

I see how this logic works.   Any stone you can throw to make your point, right?

Question on this (and I honestly don't know),  were the contributions to the Clinton Foundation public?   The issue is not, specifically, whether Russia helped Trump.  Heck, have at it if that's who they wanted to win.  The question is secrecy.   As long as we (the people) know that these things are happening, we can make decisions accordingly.

TeeDub
« Reply #1718 on: October 09, 2017, 10:30:24 am »

Question on this (and I honestly don't know),  were the contributions to the Clinton Foundation public?   The issue is not, specifically, whether Russia helped Trump.  Heck, have at it if that's who they wanted to win.  The question is secrecy.   As long as we (the people) know that these things are happening, we can make decisions accordingly.

This was the first result on "foreign donations to Clinton foundation".  

"However, thanks to the laws protecting donor identities, we can’t confirm these amounts independently. Everyone has to work with the level of disclosure that the foundation agreed to in that memorandum of understanding, and the memorandum doesn’t include any mechanism to check or enforce disclosure other than the foundation’s own willing compliance."

Then the article goes on to state "There were no Saudi donations while she was secretary."

I don't understand.   If the first statement is true, the second statement should have a caveat of "that we are told about."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/07/fact-checking-donations-clinton-foundation/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:33:20 am by TeeDub » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1719 on: October 09, 2017, 10:59:40 am »

Russian meddling in our elections =/= donations to an international charity from people in other countries. Especially when much of the charitable work was done in other countries.

Stop sipping the orange flavored Kool-Aid.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1720 on: October 09, 2017, 11:30:54 am »

Another example of Trump "doing all he can" for Puerto Rico.

The Jones Act waiver for PR expired Sunday. It's NOT being renewed.
Jones Act waiver for Puerto Rico expired Sunday, not being extended: DHS
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/09/jones-act-waiver-for-puerto-rico-expired-sunday-not-being-extended-dhs.html

A reminder, as of today, 3 weeks after the storm 85% of the island still has no power and 40% still has no water.
http://status.pr/

There is no excuse for this. None.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1721 on: October 09, 2017, 11:43:14 am »

Thats not what the link said.
Try again:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/facebook-russia-fake-posts-trump-election-clinton-20171006.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #1722 on: October 09, 2017, 12:23:42 pm »

How is that not what the link said?   Are you just being difficult now?

"Posts retrieved from the Heart of Texas page offer insight into how Moscow used social media in an attempt to interfere with our elections, and how it appears that the Kremlin was acting to promote then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his campaign’s views while attempting to undermine his opponent, Democrat Hillary Clinton."

How is foreign involvement in elections anything new?  Here is just ours....   You think no one else does this stuff?
http://www.npr.org/2016/12/22/506625913/database-tracks-history-of-u-s-meddling-in-foreign-elections
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1723 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:13 pm »

How is that not what the link said?   Are you just being difficult now?

"Posts retrieved from the Heart of Texas page offer insight into how Moscow used social media in an attempt to interfere with our elections, and how it appears that the Kremlin was acting to promote then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his campaign’s views while attempting to undermine his opponent, Democrat Hillary Clinton."

How is foreign involvement in elections anything new?  Here is just ours....   You think no one else does this stuff?
http://www.npr.org/2016/12/22/506625913/database-tracks-history-of-u-s-meddling-in-foreign-elections

I will suggest Patrick was taking issue with the "possible" part.   There is no doubt at this time that this happened.

To your second point, of course others (including the US) do this.   Some overtly, and some via espionage, etc.  But you seem to be equivocating clandestine Russian meddling in our election with US clandestine meddling in other elections.   As an American, this is not comparable.   We can meddle all we want, and face any consequences.  But nobody messes with us.  I realize it happens, but it is not acceptable.

But, like I said earlier,  if Russia or any other country wants to pick a side and overtly campaign,  that's fine.  Just do it out in the open and the American people can make their decision accordingly.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1724 on: October 09, 2017, 04:02:37 pm »

Another example of Trump "doing all he can" for Puerto Rico.

The Jones Act waiver for PR expired Sunday. It's NOT being renewed.
Jones Act waiver for Puerto Rico expired Sunday, not being extended: DHS
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/09/jones-act-waiver-for-puerto-rico-expired-sunday-not-being-extended-dhs.html

A reminder, as of today, 3 weeks after the storm 85% of the island still has no power and 40% still has no water.
http://status.pr/

There is no excuse for this. None.

This has little to do with DHS or the assclown in the White House.  Right after Maria, officials were saying 4-6 months before the entire grid could be restored.

About 24 hours after the storm hit, the prognosis for the island remained bleak, with officials estimating that it would take a minimum of four months to revive the grid.

"The San Juan we knew yesterday is no longer there," San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz told MSNBC on Thursday. "We're looking at four to six months without electricity."

http://www.businessinsider.com/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-no-power-electricity-blackout-2017-9

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org