A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:30:48 pm
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480376 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1455 on: July 27, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »

The White House Communications Director:

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannonhttp://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

that is just gold.  This plays out like a bad episode of some reality show...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1456 on: July 27, 2017, 04:03:58 pm »

Now we have complete scumbag Ken “gang rape” Starr condemning Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/kenneth-starr-mr-president-please-cut-it-out/2017/07/26/b9af0c78-723e-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.f36c279c862c

When you are too much of a scumbag for Ken Starr, you must really be a scumbag.

In defense of the White House, The Mooch is now quoting Joe “I didn’t think child rape was so bad” Paterno regarding dignity and honor.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article163949992.html

Seriously. This can’t be real can it?

Stupid Watergate.

Starr is one of those 'trained attack dogs' hired by the Republican party to do their hatchet job on the Clintons.  He has since achieved enlightenment of a sorts, has even apologized for his evil deeds.  Has publicly stated - years ago - that the Clintons are basically decent people that didn't deserve to have done to them what they tried to do.  He has come a long way back from the darkness.  

His problem with Baylor - and he what has gone on at Baylor with him at the helm - and before him - well, he is still a work in progress.  Not sure if the situation would have been different with another Chancellor, though.  The Baylor Board put out an order for all the top people to not talk to anyone.  I would like to think that I would have walked at that point, but if your boss(es) say shut up, it's a tough place to be.  And he wasn't the guy to handle that.

Does any of that remind you of the Switzer years at OU?  Football first, everything else not even 2nd but maybe 8th and below...

David Brock is another trained attack dog.  Same scenario, but I think he was even worse.  Wrote a book called, "Blinded By the Right".  Will be interesting to see if he comes out and says anything.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1457 on: July 27, 2017, 04:25:45 pm »

citation needed

You should be able to find one here:

https://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft/private-jets/cessna-citation

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1458 on: July 27, 2017, 04:46:20 pm »

Aviation humor.  Well done!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1459 on: July 27, 2017, 08:10:37 pm »

Rogue POTUS Staff offers this bleak assessment of our immediate future with the Narcissist-In-Chief, blaming Congressional Democrats for missing an opportunity to remove him in favor of using the situation for fund raising. There may be some truth in that but it ignores some fundamentals of our system.

For those too young to remember, the Watergate scandal began in June of 1972 and resulted in Nixon's resignation two years later. Two years. Remember that. Even an ordinary criminal investigation can play out over months. Investigating the president cannot be expected to receive any less scrutiny, and in fact, requires a solid foundation of testimony and evidence as it proceeds. Anything less can very rightly be labeled a witch hunt.

We may be reaching the beginning of the middle of this story arc. The basic details of collusion and money laundering are known. Now the tedious work of gathering testimony and evidence is underway. Someone will talk. Someone always talks.

http://potusstaff.com/why-we-lost-to-president-trump.html

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1460 on: July 28, 2017, 06:37:40 am »

The overnight vote on the 'skinny repeal' bill might have been the most dramatic piece of Senate voting I've ever seen.  Initially it was just the moderate Republicans voting no (Murkowski of Alaska and Collins of Maine), but during the roll call Senator McCain stood up and walked to the person taking the roll, and in the middle of the hall gave a thumbs down and stated 'No' to audible gasps (and cheers) within the chamber.  From what I read Pence pleaded with McCain to change his vote, then the President himself called to try and talk him into a Yes vote.

Guess McCain was having none of it.  I'm sure 45s remarks about him liking people who don't get captured weren't very smart.

And of course 45 went on his usual rant about it this morning.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890820505330212864

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1461 on: July 28, 2017, 07:07:56 am »

He is totally unfit for office and the people he hires are as bad as he is. As Bad was W was, and he crashed the economy and cost us thousands of lives and trillions of dollars in a pointless war in Iraq, Trump is far worse. Republicans have left facts behind and are completely unable to govern, in the nation and in this state.

It's unbelievable that Trump still has supporters, some people are just so gullible and stupid.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1462 on: July 28, 2017, 08:03:47 am »

It's unbelievable that Trump still has supporters, some people are just so gullible and stupid.

Don't forget amoral.  Intellectually dishonest.  Morally bankrupt.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1463 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:00 am »

I think of that great Canadian editorial piece that came out before the election..
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/united-states-dont-vote-president-donald-trump/article32655412/

"We can’t believe that given a choice between one mildly flawed candidate and another peddling an explosive combo of bad ideas, no ideas and zero self-control, you’re having trouble choosing."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1464 on: July 28, 2017, 08:18:29 am »

Rogue POTUS Staff offers this bleak assessment of our immediate future with the Narcissist-In-Chief, blaming Congressional Democrats for missing an opportunity to remove him in favor of using the situation for fund raising. There may be some truth in that but it ignores some fundamentals of our system.

For those too young to remember, the Watergate scandal began in June of 1972 and resulted in Nixon's resignation two years later. Two years. Remember that. Even an ordinary criminal investigation can play out over months. Investigating the president cannot be expected to receive any less scrutiny, and in fact, requires a solid foundation of testimony and evidence as it proceeds. Anything less can very rightly be labeled a witch hunt.

We may be reaching the beginning of the middle of this story arc. The basic details of collusion and money laundering are known. Now the tedious work of gathering testimony and evidence is underway. Someone will talk. Someone always talks.

http://potusstaff.com/why-we-lost-to-president-trump.html

What I see as sad is regardless of who gets elected to the White House there will forever be investigations into the admin or talks of impeachment as a side show instead of Congress forging ahead with matters which truly affect all Americans not just the ruling class and feeding their egos.

Had First Lady er Senator er Secretary Clinton won, we would be in the fifth or sixth year of “Benghazi” and second or third year of the email server.

When it’s all said and done, we will get to suffer the full four years with Trump, Ed.  Let’s just hope it doesn’t turn into eight.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1465 on: July 28, 2017, 09:53:53 am »

For Trump, this has never been about improving our health-care system. Trump, who visibly had no idea how the ACA works or what was in the various GOP replacements, and who openly said he would sign whatever Republicans put in front of him, just wanted to boast of a “win” while triumphantly using Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement as his own personal toilet paper roll.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/07/28/now-that-trumpcare-has-failed-its-time-to-drop-all-the-lies
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:04:31 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1466 on: July 28, 2017, 10:19:37 am »

For Trump, this has never been about improving our health-care system. Trump, who visibly had no idea how the ACA works or what was in the various GOP replacements, and who openly said he would sign whatever Republicans put in front of him, just wanted to boast of a “win” while triumphantly using Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement as his own personal toilet paper roll.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/07/28/now-that-trumpcare-has-failed-its-time-to-drop-all-the-lies

I'm pretty sure this five minutes is what made Trump into the anti-Obama candidate.  He has no humor whatsoever (Trump that is).  That's why he skipped it.  He can say 'fake news' and blah blah all he wants, but President's since they've had the standing invite to this dinner (which, by the way is a fundraiser for scholarships) have always been game at poking fun of themselves.  Trump can't do that publicly.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1467 on: July 28, 2017, 10:33:36 am »

I think of that great Canadian editorial piece that came out before the election..
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/united-states-dont-vote-president-donald-trump/article32655412/

"We can’t believe that given a choice between one mildly flawed candidate and another peddling an explosive combo of bad ideas, no ideas and zero self-control, you’re having trouble choosing."

They can't believe it because, in spite of all the US denigration of Canadians, for the vastly greatest part, they are missing those things that we have so much of.  The things we have in abundance that they are missing in greater part - Gullible AND stupid.  Amoral.  Intellectually dishonest.  Morally bankrupt.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:36:04 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1468 on: July 28, 2017, 10:37:23 am »

I'm pretty sure this five minutes is what made Trump into the anti-Obama candidate.  He has no humor whatsoever (Trump that is).  That's why he skipped it.  He can say 'fake news' and blah blah all he wants, but President's since they've had the standing invite to this dinner (which, by the way is a fundraiser for scholarships) have always been game at poking fun of themselves.  Trump can't do that publicly.

There IS only one fake news!  It IS  Fake Fox News.

And the plethora of spin factories associated with. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1469 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:44 am »

Biggest sh$t show in the history of our country...!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trevor-noah-nails-why-donald-062920384.html

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org