A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:01:32 pm
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1480148 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1230 on: June 02, 2017, 06:14:51 pm »

From the same bunch that "can't stand" when someone points out others bad behavior to justify their own guy's/girl's bad behavior. Rich.

Way to ignore the question guys. I didn't bring Clinton into it by the way. That was your self righteousness.

Not at all.  There have been repeated investigations over a couple decades into the Clintons.  Do you honestly - careful now, that is a concept your people cannot abide much time around, much like garlic to a vampire - do you honestly believe if there were anything at all to find there would have not been massive piling on because of wrongdoing??   Really...??  

Well, there was massive piling on that continues today - highlighting the intellectual dishonesty of the extremist right - for absolutely NO wrongdoing - as admitted to by Kenneth Starr, David Brock, and the extremist right golden haired boy, Trey Gowdy.  But hey, if you can lie to yourself on such a massive scale, and keep on doing it for year after year,  well that is between you and your conscience....  It is still a lie, though.  

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1231 on: June 02, 2017, 06:16:10 pm »

I know it's a repost but here goes again:

So highly speculative but let's go with this what if.

If Comey testifies before Congress that he felt pressured by Trump to drop the investigation, does this not put Comey in a pretty compromising position? I mean, a US President interfered with an investigation which he then should have reported at least to the Justice Department...by law, let alone the fact that this would directly contradict previous (active) FBI officials testimony under oath that the administration has done nothing to hinder the investigation. Seems to me that would be a rather unpleasant position to be in.

That is why he wants immunity.

And as Trump said, anyone who pleads the 5th is guilty.  By definition.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1232 on: June 02, 2017, 06:46:25 pm »

I know it's a repost but here goes again:

So highly speculative but let's go with this what if.

If Comey testifies before Congress that he felt pressured by Trump to drop the investigation, does this not put Comey in a pretty compromising position? I mean, a US President interfered with an investigation which he then should have reported at least to the Justice Department...by law, let alone the fact that this would directly contradict previous (active) FBI officials testimony under oath that the administration has done nothing to hinder the investigation. Seems to me that would be a rather unpleasant position to be in.

Why does this matter now?  Comey's been fired.  That in and of itself was enough to set off the red flags.  That and the alleged 'nut job' comment to the Russians at the secret WH meeting (I say secret because the only media outlet allowed at it was a Russian one).

Why are Trump's spokespeople implying he may use executive privilege to block his testimony?  If that doesn't scream some sort of guilt, I really don't know what does and I'll consider myself done even trying to converse with you on the subject.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1233 on: June 03, 2017, 08:41:01 am »

Why does this matter now?  Comey's been fired.  That in and of itself was enough to set off the red flags.  That and the alleged 'nut job' comment to the Russians at the secret WH meeting (I say secret because the only media outlet allowed at it was a Russian one).

Why are Trump's spokespeople implying he may use executive privilege to block his testimony?  If that doesn't scream some sort of guilt, I really don't know what does and I'll consider myself done even trying to converse with you on the subject.

Lol....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1234 on: June 03, 2017, 09:26:45 am »

So now that Putin has admitted to Russian meddling in the election, how much longer will the Republican Congress continue their sandbagging operations?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1235 on: June 03, 2017, 10:15:05 am »

Lol....

Always a treasure trove of insight.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1236 on: June 03, 2017, 10:16:33 am »

So now that Putin has admitted to Russian meddling in the election, how much longer will the Republican Congress continue their sandbagging operations?

And how about this nugget?

If Dems had tried this when they were in power, what a smile storm it would have created.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/02/federal-agencies-oversight-requests-democrats-white-house-239034

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1237 on: June 03, 2017, 10:24:56 am »

Not at all.  There have been repeated investigations over a couple decades into the Clintons.  Do you honestly - careful now, that is a concept your people cannot abide much time around, much like garlic to a vampire - do you honestly believe if there were anything at all to find there would have not been massive piling on because of wrongdoing??   Really...??  

Well, there was massive piling on that continues today - highlighting the intellectual dishonesty of the extremist right - for absolutely NO wrongdoing - as admitted to by Kenneth Starr, David Brock, and the extremist right golden haired boy, Trey Gowdy.  But hey, if you can lie to yourself on such a massive scale, and keep on doing it for year after year,  well that is between you and your conscience....  It is still a lie, though.  

I swear you are the king of straw men arguments. At what point have I EVER EVER EVER stood behind those imbiciles investigating Clinton (William that is).

My comment about Hillary is backed up by congressional reports and James Comey himself who laid out how Clinton committed "unwise" actions.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1238 on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:19 am »

I'm not really sure why anyone is implying he has any authority to stop him, nor do I even have a clue whether he can or not. Mueller can and does have that power and has granted Comey approval to do so, and I honestly don't know why he would allow this to happen other than he knows there no risk to his case, which to me means he's probably looking in another direction all together. Mark my words, Kushner will go down. There is way more than smoke in that department.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1239 on: June 03, 2017, 10:29:17 am »

Sandbagging what. Under oath the FBI confirmed that Trump is sandbagging anything. What do you want the administration to say?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1240 on: June 03, 2017, 10:46:05 am »

I swear you are the king of straw men arguments. At what point have I EVER EVER EVER stood behind those imbiciles investigating Clinton (William that is).

My comment about Hillary is backed up by congressional reports and James Comey himself who laid out how Clinton committed "unwise" actions.

Serious tunnel vision...  Congressional reports and Comey who said "Nothing to see here....move along..."

Hey, how about those 22 million emails deleted off his private server in the White House by Baby Bush??

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1241 on: June 03, 2017, 10:46:59 am »

Sandbagging what. Under oath the FBI confirmed that Trump is sandbagging anything. What do you want the administration to say?

??  Missing a negative?

Nothing.  Just want them to disappear.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1242 on: June 03, 2017, 10:48:09 am »

Always Never a treasure trove of insight.

Fixed it for you....

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1243 on: June 03, 2017, 11:42:36 am »

Serious tunnel vision...  Congressional reports and Comey who said "Nothing to see here....move along..."

Hey, how about those 22 million emails deleted off his private server in the White House by Baby Bush??

You can't make this smile up. Tunnel vision, then you completely tunnel vision the part where Comey laid out everything Clinton did wrong, then where he suggested the AG should overlook all that and not press charges (which are totally NOT in his perview, BUT exactly what would happen considering Lynch was the AG).

Again, you are deflecting. Bush bad too. Clinton not good because Bush bad. Simple. I know. You know. But you that doesn't help you think you sound smart. And it doesn't help you actually sound smart either. It makes you sound like a partisas hack, that if that very same trick was used by a Trump supporter, you know Obama did it too, you would be all over there donkey. Well, here is your moment in the sun to be exactly what you claim to hate. You are exposing yourself for the partisan hack you actually are.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1244 on: June 03, 2017, 11:43:09 am »

??  Missing a negative?

Nothing.  Just want them to disappear.

meant to say is NOT interfering. But you knew that.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org