A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:06:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bishop v. United States: Oklahoma gay marriage  (Read 49135 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2014, 11:03:18 am »

If you believe they make money this way, many more of their white counterparts are making a whole lot more bling (for themselves, networks, and owners) doing the same thing daily.  They desperately endeavor to stir up white rage.  Apparently, couldn't do nearly enough of it to turn the last 2 presidential elections, but oh boy didn't they try.

Are you by any chance related to Sharpton?   I cannot imagine anyone wanting to defend his rhetoric.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2014, 11:12:45 am »

How many of you Sharpton haters were livid at the idea of changing the name of the Brady District so it is not named after one of the most virulent racists in Tulsa's history? Oddly, there seems to be a strong correlation... Hmmm...  Kiss

Essentially, today’s stake-holders in the Brady District were being held accountable for the supposed actions of Tate Brady almost 100 years ago.  Lee Roy Chapman’s evidence against Brady was weak at best.  I also didn’t understand the singular vendetta against Brady considering many of the city’s early fathers likely held the same views, yet other streets and neighborhoods are still prominently named for them.  There’s no proof anywhere that Brady was any more or less racist than any other prominent Tulsan of the time.

Think of all the cities around the country that should have their names changed because their namesake was a slave owner or pig-headed racist back in the day.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2014, 11:17:21 am »

There’s no proof anywhere that Brady was any more or less racist than any other prominent Tulsan of the time.

Other than the fact he was a KKK member. If it comes to light that others were, we should not name things after them, either. That other cities choose to continue to honor their racists doesn't make it right that we do. That said, I'm sure many of the fine folks of Tulsa are totally behind him tarring and feathering the wobblies. We hate unions more than we hate acknowledging the terrible aspects of our history.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2014, 11:39:29 am »

Other than the fact he was a KKK member. If it comes to light that others were, we should not name things after them, either. That other cities choose to continue to honor their racists doesn't make it right that we do. That said, I'm sure many of the fine folks of Tulsa are totally behind him tarring and feathering the wobblies. We hate unions more than we hate acknowledging the terrible aspects of our history.

We covered this ad nauseum under a thread about changing the name of the Brady District.  Feel free to re-hash over there, if it interests you. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2014, 11:45:42 am »

We covered this ad nauseum under a thread about changing the name of the Brady District.  Feel free to re-hash over there, if it interests you. 

Good call, and thanks for illustrating my point. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2014, 02:07:18 pm »

Are you by any chance related to Sharpton?   I cannot imagine anyone wanting to defend his rhetoric.

Hey Red by by those comments, I'm starting to imagine the breadth of your family tree!! 

I'm not supporting nor defending, I'm all about fairness.  My point is that for anyone who has an issue with Mr. Sharpton, then how can they not take issue with the pro-white anti-minority diatribe that is spewed out daily by some of his national media counterparts and local wannabes in every U.S. market.  1). Either such individuals hopefully aren't listening to it or 2). They agree with the crap.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2014, 03:46:35 pm »

Hey Red by by those comments, I'm starting to imagine the breadth of your family tree!! 

I'm not supporting nor defending, I'm all about fairness.  My point is that for anyone who has an issue with Mr. Sharpton, then how can they not take issue with the pro-white anti-minority diatribe that is spewed out daily by some of his national media counterparts and local wannabes in every U.S. market.  1). Either such individuals hopefully aren't listening to it or 2). They agree with the crap.

I'm sorry, who are these pro-white, anti-minority counterparts?  I'm not aware of any.  I wasn't aware David Duke has his own program.

Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2014, 03:56:32 pm »

I'm sorry, who are these pro-white, anti-minority counterparts?  I'm not aware of any.  I wasn't aware David Duke has his own program.
Start with three of the most highly paid ones that I referenced earlier in this thread, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Hannity.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2014, 06:10:03 pm »

Start with three of the most highly paid ones that I referenced earlier in this thread, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Hannity.

Do me, and other people here a favor, provide one, just one credible and verifiable or documented case where any of those, have made statements that the white race is the way to go. Show me where they have been racist. Show me where they are espousing John Birch, KKK, or white supremacist rants, speech, or otherwise racist speech.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »

Here are some quotes from Sharpton's friend Louis Farrakhan. Show me where those you don't like have said something similar.

The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man.

I think that ego-driven leaders will be a thing of the past because the masses are tired.

Qaddafi is hated because he is the leader of a small country that is rich, but he uses his money to finance liberation struggles.

They call them terrorists, I call them freedom fighters.

If we don't make earnest moves toward real solutions, then each day we move one day closer to revolution and anarchy in this country. This is the sad, and yet potentially joyous, state of America.

From Sharpton.....

Who defines terrorists? Today's terrorist is tomorrow's friend.

If O.J. had been accused of killing his black wife, you would not have seen the same passion stirred up.

It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule. That's where the argument, to this day, of reparations starts. We never got the 40 acres. We went all the way to Herbert Hoover, and we never got the 40 acres. We didn't get the mule. So we decided we'd ride this donkey as far as it would take us.

We have defeated Jim Crow, but now we have to deal with his son, James Crow Jr., esquire.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:52:11 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2014, 07:14:38 pm »

You obviously have some family tree that you are ashamed of.  Not here.  My father's side is Polish.  Grandpop was born in Poland.  Grandmom was born in the USA to Polish immigrants.  Mom's side of the family is British Isles, mostly from northern England/southern Scotland and they came to the US in the late 1800s. For you to try to brand me as some kind of bigot because I am not black says more about you than it does about me.

I'm not supporting nor defending, I'm all about fairness.

The letters BS come to mind.

My point is that for anyone who has an issue with Mr. Sharpton, then how can they not take issue with the pro-white anti-minority diatribe that is spewed out daily by some of his national media counterparts and local wannabes in every U.S. market.  1). Either such individuals hopefully aren't listening to it or 2). They agree with the crap.

Please provide specific examples of your favorite fall guys being anti-minority.  Perhaps you believe that being pro family and personal responsibility is being anti-minority.  I will have to disagree.

Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2014, 07:34:04 pm »

Here are some quotes from Sharpton's friend Louis Farrakhan. Show me where those you don't like have said something similar.

From Sharpton.....

www.newser.com/tag/44698/1/rush-limbaugh-racist-quotes.html
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:58 pm »

Do me, and other people here a favor, provide one, just one credible and verifiable or documented case where any of those, have made statements that the white race is the way to go. Show me where they have been racist. Show me where they are espousing John Birch, KKK, or white supremacist rants, speech, or otherwise racist speech.

Do you actually think someone has to act like a David Duke extremist to articulate similar views?  Do you think someone is going to risk a $30 million contract by explicitly espousing or supporting the views of the John Birch society, KKK, or other extremist organization?  No these types walk a fine line being careful not to blatantly cross it, and they sometimes cowardly hide behind codified and dog whistle language that won’t put them in hot water.  Limbaugh probably believes he has more power than that combined in those pitiful hate organizations.

I don’t watch Fux News nor listen to talk radio because I’d had enough some time ago.

See the reply below to Red Arrow for what you asked for.
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »

You obviously have some family tree that you are ashamed of.  Not here.  My father's side is Polish.  Grandpop was born in Poland.  Grandmom was born in the USA to Polish immigrants.  Mom's side of the family is British Isles, mostly from northern England/southern Scotland and they came to the US in the late 1800s. For you to try to brand me as some kind of bigot because I am not black says more about you than it does about me.

The letters BS come to mind.

Please provide specific examples of your favorite fall guys being anti-minority.  Perhaps you believe that being pro family and personal responsibility is being anti-minority.  I will have to disagree.

I thought it was either crazy or insensitive of you to inquire if I was related to Al Sharpton.   Hoping it wasn’t the second, I said I’m imagining the breadth of your family tree because I jokingly thought you might be a little “crazy” for making that suggestion.  I don’t know you or your family, nor whether you were black, white, green, or polka dot, and I certainly didn’t brand you as bigots as per your accusation.  On the contrary, from what you stated, it sounds like you come from a fine family. 

I am African-American born and raised in upstate NY with roots from Virginia, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina.  My great grandfather (my paternal grandmother’s father) was a slave from Virginia who eventually ended up in Tennessee before being freed as a young man in his late teens.  He was 97 when he died in 1941.  My family is hardworking, decent, and humble, and we don’t have anything to be ashamed of as you so obviously believe from your prefacing remark.

It is all about fairness.  If BS comes to your mind, I have no control over it.

To the suggestion that I perhaps believe that being pro family and personal responsibility is being anti-minority; no I don’t.   But I guess a better question for you and your stand up guys is whether you believe that minorities are anti -family and anti-personal responsibility?

Here is a sample of what you and Dbacks fan asked for as if it’s so difficult to find.

http://www.alternet.org/20-most-racist-things-rush-limbaugh-has-ever-said
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/03/07/the-20-worst-racial-attacks-limbaughs-advertise/184776
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/03/07/the-20-worst-racial-attacks-limbaughs-advertise/184776
http://www.newser.com/tag/44698/1/rush-limbaugh-racist-quotes.html
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/rush-limbaugh-racist-quotes-070710
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/28/bill-o-reilly-to-blacks-stop-listening-to-gangsta-music.html#url=/articles/2014/02/28/bill-o-reilly-to-blacks-stop-listening-to-gangsta-music.html
http://www.newshounds.us/20140304_bill_o_reilly_smears_african_american_pinhead_professor_rants_about_evil_rap_music_again
http://rollingout.com/politics/8-dumbest-quotes-from-bill-oreillys-racist-rant-to-black-america/7/
http://mediamatters.org/research/2007/09/21/oreilly-surprised-there-was-no-difference-betwe/139893
http://crooksandliars.com/heather/hannity-defends-racist-rodeo-clown-mo-stat
http://thegrio.com/2012/07/20/sean-hannitys-record-of-defending-accused-racists/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2014, 10:32:32 pm »

You left out Herman Cain.  He espouses exactly the same views as those commentators you mentioned.  Doesn't that make him racist too?  Ardent Obama hater, must be racist.  Probably a closet caucasian.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org