A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:37:33 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscars  (Read 3138 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: February 28, 2011, 10:16:54 am »

Was anybody able to get through the Oscars last night ?
I watched about 10 minutes after the whole shameful Kirk Douglas fiasco.
The man is a Hollywood legend and for them to prop him up there and do a presentation was almost painful to watch. My Wife was moved to tears and had to stop watching because she felt they were making a buffoon out of him. Hollywood truly has no shame.

Aside from that. I just had no interest in the nominated films of last year. They just seemed to me a little lack luster from years past.
Award shows are getting more and more intolerable to me.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »

Dont watch any award shows anymore....They are a joke.....

KennethRichard
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:22 am »

I've watch the red carpet for Oscar, Sandra look stunning.Nicole wear embroidered dress which doesn't look nice on her. Halley berry and Kate Hudson look beautiful as always.
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:34 am »

The show was OK, although it seemed Hathaway was having to work double time to make up for James Franco. Some thought he was stoned.

Regarding this year's nominees, the Kings Speech is one of the best movies I've seen the last 10 years. Just my opinion. Geoffrey Rush was awesome as usual with Colin Firth and Helena Bonham-Carter magnificent as well. The Fighter must have been a damn good movie for Bale and Leo to win best supporting actor and actress over Rush and Bonham-Carter.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:26 am »

The show was OK, although it seemed Hathaway was having to work double time to make up for James Franco. Some thought he was stoned.

Regarding this year's nominees, the Kings Speech is one of the best movies I've seen the last 10 years. Just my opinion. Geoffrey Rush was awesome as usual with Colin Firth and Helena Bonham-Carter magnificent as well. The Fighter must have been a damn good movie for Bale and Leo to win best supporting actor and actress over Rush and Bonham-Carter.

Haven't seen any of the Oscar nominated films on the Best Picture list aside from Inception.  I thought it was a great film for what it was, but when the Academy started to expand the size of the BP pool to ten, I wasn't very thrilled about that.  It's just pandering to the studios in my opinion.  I knew that the only thing it had a chance of winning was for the technical awards, possibly screenplay (which it didn't) cinematography (it did) and original score (didn't).

I did think that for her limited screen time in that movie, that Marion Cotillard deserved a nomination.  If there was an award from the Academy for 'Best Ensemble Cast', these guys should have been nominated.

All MHO though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:25 pm »

The Fighter must have been a damn good movie for Bale and Leo to win best supporting actor and actress over Rush and Bonham-Carter.

Irish Micky Ward was one of my favorite lighter weight fighters. Incidentally, he was in Tulsa late last month to sign autographs before a boxing/fighting event.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org