A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:01:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: District 4 Dilemma  (Read 64590 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:06 am »

A big congratualations to Blake for soundly winning this race and running an upbeat and positive campaign.  I'm new to District 4, but felt we were going to get a significant improvement no matter which candidate won.  Now the hard work begins.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2011, 03:40:00 pm »

Same here. Glad to see the election was pretty much uneventful and evenhanded. Hope the council is run the same way. I agonized over voting against a democrat, a vet, a guy with three degrees and obviously capable in favor of a grounded, young, entrepreneurial, republican. My wife said, "you think too much. Vote for the pizza guy." So, I did.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »

"you think too much. Vote for the pizza guy."

Look who missed out on the winning campaign slogan.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »

Same here. Glad to see the election was pretty much uneventful and evenhanded. Hope the council is run the same way. I agonized over voting against a democrat, a vet, a guy with three degrees and obviously capable in favor of a grounded, young, entrepreneurial, republican. My wife said, "you think too much. Vote for the pizza guy." So, I did.

Welcome to the dark side. Grin

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2011, 04:18:24 pm »

Where do you guys keep the loose women?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2011, 04:22:03 pm »

It will take more than one vote to get that access.

Grin

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2011, 04:55:57 pm »

Ask Hermain Cain....Whoops....!!!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:51 am »

Score!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2011, 09:24:12 am »

I wouldn't.  He apparently is a bad judge.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58:08 pm »

If Blake is my councilor I can't see myself ever reaching out to him for help...I wouldn't want to add to his already full plate. I wouldn't mind calling Brune off of his bike or daily jog to check a zoning violation complaint though.

blakeewing3232@gmail.com

Call me if you need anything. My plate never stays full for long. Also, you can count on me to avoid filling up my schedule with things like daily jogs and bike rides. =)

Thanks to you all for your support over the years, both in my businesses and in the City Council race. Please feel free to communicate with me, either here, on facebook, or e-mail about issues related to either. I'll keep working on getting better, but it helps to have your input, feedback, and advice.

Blake

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:02 pm »

blakeewing3232@gmail.com

Call me if you need anything. My plate never stays full for long. Also, you can count on me to avoid filling up my schedule with things like daily jogs and bike rides. =)

Thanks to you all for your support over the years, both in my businesses and in the City Council race. Please feel free to communicate with me, either here, on facebook, or e-mail about issues related to either. I'll keep working on getting better, but it helps to have your input, feedback, and advice.

Blake

Congratulations, Blake.  Still not sure why you would want a thankless job like city councilor, but I'm glad there are people like you who are willing to do it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:21 pm »

Congrats!  Don't let the job change you!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2011, 05:11:53 pm »

blakeewing3232@gmail.com

Blake

I don't know you personally but I was pulling for you all the way. Now this is how a City Councilor should respond to the people of Tulsa.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2011, 12:05:07 am »

Call me if you need anything.

Now about those potholes...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:42 am »

blakeewing3232@gmail.com

Blake

Blake, will your ability to blog candidly about the inner goings of the city council change now that you have been elected? Your campaign blog was refreshingly honest and forthright and I hope that doesn't change now that you have been elected. If not, will you continue posting to your blog or will you use another method? Congrats on the win!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org