A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:34:38 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Joes Fundraiser Kerfuffle  (Read 56351 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2013, 06:57:25 pm »

Camp: Can my group have a fundraiser at you restaurant, we will bring in business and you will gain customers?

Joe: sure! What kind of camp?
camp: we are a camp for children of middle eastern families.  Here is a flier. Here is our website. Here is the name of our national organization.

Joe: sounds great, have at it guys!

:a month later:

Joe:  holy sh!t, you guys aren't Christian.  Leave and I'm not giving you the 10% (according to people that were and aren't trying to sell more BBQ, they were asked to leave and only got their 10% back after angry threats).

Camp: ummm, we are not religious really.  Buwe teach middle eastern thinking, but most of our members are Muslim.

Joe: gtfo
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2013, 07:14:42 pm »

Here is one...

Joe: hey! You guys said you were Christian but you didn't say you were Catholic.  You don't think like me.  Leave.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2013, 07:44:55 pm »

Camp: Can my group have a atheist fundraiser at you restaurant, we will bring in atheist business and you will gain lose Oklahoma's religious customers?

fify.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »

Here is one...

Joe: hey! You guys said you were Christian but you didn't say you were Catholic.  You don't think like me.  Leave.

Ain't nothing stopping you from raising money/donating to these groups. Have at it, or is it easier to shout at someone else from the bleachers?  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:22:41 pm by guido911 » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:28 pm »

Here is one...
Joe: hey! You guys said you were Christian but you didn't say you were Catholic.  You don't think like me.  Leave.

I believe that could have easily happened within my lifetime.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:21 am »

Another one.

"Hey, Goldstein! You didn't tell us your organization was Hebrew.  Your website looked like everyone else's except for that candelabra. We don't do kosher. Sorry."

Legality aside, there simply isn't a good defense for his actions.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2013, 09:23:18 am »

Another one.

"Hey, Goldstein! You didn't tell us your organization was Hebrew.  Your website looked like everyone else's except for that candelabra. We don't do kosher. Sorry."

Then of course. "Hey Mr Brown, the person I talked to on the phone sounded white. I didn't know you were a black group. Get out."

There are reasons for non-discrimination laws.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2013, 09:26:17 am »

"I didn't know your group was fat. That's is bad for me."

Perfectly legal.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2013, 09:52:09 am »

I believe that could have easily happened within my lifetime.

It has.

Close family friend went to school in rural area in the 50's and 60's where the kids were literally taught that Catholics are Communists.  Many in the area still believe that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2013, 11:56:02 am »

It has.

Close family friend went to school in rural area in the 50's and 60's where the kids were literally taught that Catholics are Communists.  Many in the area still believe that....

They aren't?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »

They aren't?

Beat me to it. Glad to see the rights of atheists are getting the complete civil rights treatment. Wow, be a member of an oppressed race confined to involuntary servitude for their lives being equated to atheists. Talk about sh!tting on true victims of discrimination.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2013, 01:09:50 pm »

Another one.

"Hey, Goldstein! You didn't tell us your organization was Hebrew.  Your website looked like everyone else's except for that candelabra. We don't do kosher. Sorry."

Legally aside is probably a good thing because Joes is guilty of not doing a thorough enough review of what a "free thinker" group that runs a children's "secular" camp is really about. Just think if instead of calling it "Camp Quest", which is innocent sounding, they called it "Camp Atheist"? Would Joes had held the fundraiser? And I really like the Jewish stereotypes. You left out the hooked noses and money grubbing...

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2013, 01:35:41 pm »

Yeah everyone is crazy and racist but the guido. In fact the guido is being persecuted. Yeah that's the ticket!

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

Yeah everyone is crazy and racist but the guido. In fact the guido is being persecuted. Yeah that's the ticket!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2013, 03:04:32 pm »

They aren't?

The family and friends I have that are Catholic aren't Communists...don't know about all of the rest of them...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org