A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:36:18 pm
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1489780 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3330 on: June 08, 2018, 06:38:41 pm »

Wow, that's pretty clever "Hossy".

Bahaha!

Not really.  Have your Adderall dosage adjusted.  Or maybe get on it if not already.  Your shitposting is juvenile and amateur at best.

If I were you I would refrain from calling other people's posts amateur. I really haven't seen you post anything other than rah rah or quick low blows that ALWAYS contain a reference to Cheetos or President Dotard for over a year. Not exactly non-juvenile behavior if you ask me. There are some on here that make my blood boil (heir  Grin) but even they make a point (even if they also continue to use derogatory names to reference our president).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:43:46 pm by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3331 on: June 08, 2018, 06:51:30 pm »

If I were you I would refrain from calling other people's posts amateur. I really haven't seen you post anything other than rah rah or quick low blows that ALWAYS contain a reference to Cheetos or President Dotard for over a year. Not exactly non-juvenile behavior if you ask me. There are some on here that make my blood boil (heir  Grin) but even they make a point (even if they also continue to use derogatory names to reference our president).

Just stating the facts - factual descriptions of what he is.

Boiling blood, huh?   Short version - good!   It also makes you think, so my job is done...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3332 on: June 08, 2018, 06:58:44 pm »

You have to consider that the goal posts were essentially the entire dismantling of the United States by a single man.

But seriously by any standard Trump is doing fine on the economy. Yes Obama had it going in the right direction. But decisions made post-Trump could have easily turned things around for the worse. That didn't happen. So kudos to him for that. You cannot deny the fact that a rising economy is getting fine tuned at this point, when it could have been ignored.

Fine tuned to head for collapse.  Tariffs - never good for either side, except for VERY limited, very specific, small, short term goals.  As has been shown for decade after decade after decade...

Tax cut.  Also never a good thing to add that much debt.  But it is one of the things that gave us the Bush collapse, and reducing the deficit/increases in debt is one of the things that Obama did that helped the economy.  And starting the out of control debt increases again at this point of the economic cycle also has been shown to be a bad thing.  Again, decade after decade.

So just sit back and watch/wait...it's gonna be a ride, all right!   (Notice the DOW stagnation going on lately...?)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3333 on: June 08, 2018, 07:02:40 pm »

Looks like it will be another rough weekend for the T.F.N C.j.C...Hoist one for Trump...

US voters will differ sharply on whether President Trump has 'made America great again,' but the economy over which he's presiding is undeniably on the upswing -- with several of his key policies playing essential roles in that comeback. The latest piece of data that fortifies America's renewed economic vigor is a surge in international competitiveness, as measured by a closely-watched annual ranking from a Switzerland-based think tank. Following tax reform's burst of hiring and growth, the United States has 'leapfrogged' back into the top slot (via Bloomberg):

The U.S. dethroned Hong Kong to retake first place among the world’s most competitive economies, thanks to faster economic growth and a supportive atmosphere for scientific and technological innovation, according to annual rankings by the Switzerland-based IMD World Competitiveness Center. The U.S., which reclaimed the No. 1 spot for the first time since 2015, scored especially well in international investment, domestic economy and scientific infrastructure sub-categories while earning below-average marks in public finance and prices. The renewed top ranking aligns with the positive U.S. growth narrative over the past year. Growth averaged 2.9 percent in the four quarters through March, versus 2 percent in the prior period.

Meanwhile, in addition to the fabulous May jobs report (which featured the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded), US consumer confidence spiked to a 17-year high last month -- leading to a surge in consumer spending: "Americans’ spending gathered further momentum in April as incomes continued to rise, a sign consumers could drive stronger economic growth in the second quarter. Personal-consumption expenditures, a measure of household spending on everything from health care to magazines, increased a seasonally adjusted 0.6% in April from the prior month, the Commerce Department said Thursday. That was the largest increase in five months and above the 0.4% rise that economists...expected," the Wall Street Journal reports. The good news doesn't stop there. On President Trump's 500th day in office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell delivered a floor speech highlighting that more than one million American jobs have been created since the passage of tax reform:

"Since President Trump was elected alongside a Republican Congress, the number of Americans who say they’re optimistic about finding a good job has jumped by 25 percentage points. And small business owners report in record numbers that they’re optimistic about prospects of hiring new employees...But as impressive as some of these statistics may be, I think it’s important to keep in mind that these stories are -- at the end of the day -- human stories. More than one million new jobs have been created just since we passed tax reform last December. That’s not an abstract number...These aren’t just economic statistics. They are American men and women who have new chances to support their families and build their lives that they simply did not have under the policies of the previous administration. I’m glad we fought, won -- and will continue to win -- major accomplishments for the middle-class families we represent."

One million new jobs (and counting), a sizable portion of which the CBO attributes directly to the GOP tax law, which every single Democrat in Congress opposed -- making false, apocalyptic predictions to justify their hysterical, knee-jerk resistance. Like Hillary Clinton, they're being proven wrong by actual results, and they're responding with a 'repeal' tantrum. Repealing the tax cuts for middle class families (all income groups received a tax cut) would reduce incomes and hamper economic consequences. Repealing the business tax cuts, which restored American competitiveness, would claw back crucial progress on job creation and wage growth. It's not hard to tell that the robust economic news is now a source of alarm to election-minded Democrats.

Why should voters trust Democrats on the economy? Their policies helped contribute to the 2008 meltdown, then choked what should have been a major bounceback with wasteful and destructive policies, leading to the slowest recovery since World War II. After that, they've railed against Republican-led progress, fighting it at every turn. If not for a unified GOP government, our economy would likely still be puttering along. DemocnRATS see all this and wring their hands as Trump gets the credit, with 2018 polling moving accordingly....And this, my friends, is what WINNING looks like. Go, Trump!

Wow!!   The copy/paste master of Fake Fox News at it again!!   

Except for certain realities - most especially, the "upswing"...  Lol.  You mean the continuation of what has been going on for the entire time Obama was in office.   But I wouldn't expect you to know or understand that, since Fake Fox News is your entire diet.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3334 on: June 08, 2018, 10:14:04 pm »

Wow!!   The copy/paste master of Fake Fox News at it again!!   

Except for certain realities - most especially, the "upswing"...  Lol.  You mean the continuation of what has been going on for the entire time Obama was in office.   But I wouldn't expect you to know or understand that, since Fake Fox News is your entire diet.

Hands and Knees...Get on them....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3335 on: June 09, 2018, 10:39:51 am »

How long have you been posting in this place?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3336 on: June 09, 2018, 11:00:05 am »

Happy Saturday to the T.F.N C.j.C...Another Promise kept by the Teflon Don...I'm sure this will cause a few "Hossy Fits"....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/06/trump-signs-law-expanding-vets-healthcare-choices/673906002/

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3337 on: June 09, 2018, 12:02:36 pm »

...Fake Fox News is your entire diet.

Kim Jong-un found a buffoon he can use to humiliate America, but its Fox News providing the momentum.

Trump's only real challenge is how to walk out before he does.  Gone in 60-seconds?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3338 on: June 09, 2018, 03:40:33 pm »

Hands and Knees...Get on them....

So predictable.

So 'tragically hip' to RWRE.

So wrong on so many levels.

You must just be suffering from the biggest yeast infection in the history of the planet!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3339 on: June 09, 2018, 08:40:45 pm »

Give the tariffs time to take hold.

Or any of this administrations pillaging, for that matter.

WASHINGTON — Two weeks after President Donald Trump unveiled a plan to lower drug prices for Americans, promising "it will start to take effect very soon," the drug company Bayer hiked the list prices of two cancer drugs by more than $1,000 per month.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3340 on: June 09, 2018, 09:04:25 pm »

Or any of this administrations pillaging, for that matter.

WASHINGTON — Two weeks after President Donald Trump unveiled a plan to lower drug prices for Americans, promising "it will start to take effect very soon," the drug company Bayer hiked the list prices of two cancer drugs by more than $1,000 per month.

Similarly to how rates for insurance spiked immediately preceding the ACA's implementation. This is not really an indication of anything.

From your own source (that you failed to link for some reason):

A research note by Wells Fargo analyst David Maris found that although fewer drug-price increases occurred in May than in previous months, dozens of increases did occur.

So while Trump may not be doing anything to lower the prices, I hardly see how there is any proof (yet) that he is doing anything to increase them any more than they would have anyway.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:10:43 pm by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3341 on: June 10, 2018, 04:40:06 pm »

'Fox & Friends' Host Calls North Korea Summit A Meeting Of 'Two Dictators'
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-abby-huntsman-north-korea-dictators_us_5b1d4727e4b0bbb7a0de46ca

And Freud smiles.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3342 on: June 10, 2018, 06:12:17 pm »

'Fox & Friends' Host Calls North Korea Summit A Meeting Of 'Two Dictators'
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-abby-huntsman-north-korea-dictators_us_5b1d4727e4b0bbb7a0de46ca

And Freud smiles.

You're one sided and only tell half the story, and didn't bother to include her apology. Must be the MSNBC kool aid you had.

From the article you linked:

“As you know on live TV, sometimes you don’t always say things perfectly,” she said. “I called both President Trump and Kim Jon Un a dictator. I did not mean to say that. My mistake, so I apologize for that.”
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3343 on: June 10, 2018, 07:23:34 pm »

Kim Jong-un found a buffoon he can use to humiliate America, but its Fox News providing the momentum.

Trump's only real challenge is how to walk out before he does.  Gone in 60-seconds?

We could start an over/under on how long this meeting lasts before one of then walks out.

Place your bets!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3344 on: June 10, 2018, 09:58:13 pm »

You're one sided and only tell half the story, and didn't bother to include her apology. Must be the MSNBC kool aid you had.

From the article you linked:
“As you know on live TV, sometimes you don’t always say things perfectly,” she said. “I called both President Trump and Kim Jon Un a dictator. I did not mean to say that. My mistake, so I apologize for that.”

You complain that my link didnt include her apology, but a mere 36 characters later you cite the apology from my link.

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org