A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:02:16 pm
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1489796 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2865 on: April 01, 2018, 10:29:11 pm »

Under President Trump, Republicans have pursued the same three-part budgetary strategy they did under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush:

1. Large tax cuts, mostly for the benefit of the wealthy and/or corporations.
   2. Massive increases in military spending.
   3. Little change to the trajectory of domestic spending.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/03/28/republicans-are-reviving-all-their-worst-ideas-right-now-heres-why

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2866 on: April 02, 2018, 09:50:02 am »

How big of tax cuts do we need? MORE!

How much funding does the military need?  MORE!

How much do we need to spend on border security?  MORE!

How much spending on infrastructure, social programs, education, science, and quality of life do we need?  Well, that's hard to say because we have this here deficit that's just out of control. We really need to tackle it somehow and there just isn't anywhere to get money in the budget right now. Deficit spending cannot be allowed.  #fiscalconservative #sorrynotsorry

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2867 on: April 02, 2018, 10:31:23 am »

Also, Mr.  President, the stock market says you should take a break from Twitter for a while...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2868 on: April 02, 2018, 10:37:23 am »

Also, Mr.  President, the stock market says you should take a break from Twitter for a while...

The foregoing rants brought to you by Trump reaching a 50% approval rating—apparently higher than Obama at the same point in his presidency.  Grin

Oh. I don’t believe it.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2869 on: April 02, 2018, 10:52:52 am »

The foregoing rants brought to you by Trump reaching a 50% approval rating—apparently higher than Obama at the same point in his presidency.  Grin

Oh. I don’t believe it.

So says Rasmussen.  The Fox News of polling companies. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2870 on: April 02, 2018, 11:03:14 am »

So says Rasmussen.  The Fox News of polling companies. 

I agree. We need more accurate and unbiased polling, like all those that projected Hillary would win Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. Try again smart guy.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #2871 on: April 02, 2018, 05:27:41 pm »

I agree. We need more accurate and unbiased polling, like all those that projected Hillary would win Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. Try again smart guy.

President Trump called CNN “fake” again on Monday, but a new Monmouth University poll shows that a plurality of Americans put more trust in the network than in the president.

The Monmouth University Poll also finds that Pres. Trump is trusted less as source of information than three cable news outlets – except if you ask Republicans. Nearly half the American public (48%) trusts CNN more than Trump, compared with one-third (35%) who trust Trump more than CNN and another 13% who trust both equally as a source of information. The results are similar when Trump is pitted against the left-leaning MSNBC – 45% trust MSNBC more, 32% trust Trump more, and 16% trust both equally. The right-leaning Fox News also bests the president as a trusted information source – 30% trust Fox more and 20% trust Trump more, although a plurality of 37% trust both equally.
  https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_040218/

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2872 on: April 02, 2018, 10:53:41 pm »

President Trump called CNN “fake” again on Monday, but a new Monmouth University poll shows that a plurality of Americans put more trust in the network than in the president.

Beautiful thing about polls, and statistics, you can skew the numbers however you want them based on the questions and the way they are asked, and the market you ask them in. You could conduct a poll that shows that Reagan should be elected in 2020, and that Carter was the best president ever.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2873 on: April 02, 2018, 10:58:00 pm »

From some stupid polling company.

President Donald Trump is not alone in thinking media outlets spread "fake news."

More than 3-in-4 of 803 American respondents, or 77 percent, said they believe that major traditional television and newspaper media outlets report “fake news,” according to a Monmouth University poll released Monday, marking a sharp increase in distrust of those news organizations from a year ago, when 63 percent registered concerns about the spread of misinformation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/02/poll-fake-news-494421

TeeDub
« Reply #2874 on: April 03, 2018, 07:26:57 am »

President Trump called CNN “fake” again on Monday, but a new Monmouth University poll shows that a plurality less than half of Americans put more trust in the network than in the president.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:29:29 am by TeeDub » Logged
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2875 on: April 03, 2018, 07:39:18 am »

Finally watched "Get Me Roger Stone" last night.   
Very enlightening.  If you haven't watched it, do so. 

It wasn't a stone smear documentary.   Stone was an active participant in the film with a camera crew following him around. 
His last quote was "if you don't hate me, I didn't do my job"
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2876 on: April 03, 2018, 11:03:02 am »

Here's why this is sad: You can objectively measure how often a news station or a public figure fails to tell the truth. When Trump is speaking, he is usually NOT telling the truth.  Only 31% of what he says is "mostly true" or better. Corrections are not given:
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

When CNN is speaking, they are telling the truth most of the time, 73% of the time.  Weird to brag about 73% accuracy, but such is the state of things:
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/cnn/

Oh well, the latest poll has his approval rating back down to 44%.  Rolling average of polls still around 42%, the rolling average hasn't been positive for over a year...  if you think such things matter in March in a mid-term year.  Which they did yesterday, but now that the numbers are negative again I suppose they don't matter anymore (like the markets). 

But hey, we've gone a day and a half this week without new indictments, top level turnover, a new trade war, or another woman coming forward to tell a story about the President.  Good week so far! Wait, dang. I see someone else was sentenced today in the corruption investigation. Quick, Tweet something ridiculous (9 tweets and counting)!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #2877 on: April 03, 2018, 11:37:45 am »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Also, CNN gives a platform to wretched humans like Jeffrey Lord. They care only about ratings and money. When Trump manages to read a speech written by C+ Santa Monica fascist Steven Miller without starting a war their talking heads go on and on about how "Presidential" Trump is. CNN is a joke.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:42:55 am by hello » Logged

TeeDub
« Reply #2878 on: April 03, 2018, 11:49:03 am »

Not sure that this is news or coincidence, but the same people that donate to politifact also donate to the Clinton Foundation...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/12/16/facebook-fact-checker-politifact-funded-by-clinton-foundation-donor/

I have no idea, but it should at least raise an eyebrow.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2879 on: April 03, 2018, 12:16:20 pm »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Also, CNN (...) care only about ratings and money.

Trump and CNN are two peas in a pod
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org