A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:33:41 pm
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1489833 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1185 on: May 31, 2017, 04:39:51 pm »

Perhaps we could limit it to positive accomplishments? Didn't see any there.

Some of us view not having Hillary as President in a positive light in spite of what we did get.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1186 on: May 31, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »

Some of us view not having Hillary as President in a positive light in spite of what we did get.

Correct. Just like the opposite is perhaps true.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1187 on: May 31, 2017, 05:20:05 pm »

Now it appears that the WH press sec has told reporters that he will no longer be fielding questions about Russia...that they will be directed to the WH internal counsel.

Things that make you go ..hmmm...

You mean they won't comment on an active investigation. No way. First I ever heard of anything like this happening.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1188 on: May 31, 2017, 05:24:05 pm »

She's so wrong.  And hasn't been funny for a long time.

You can condemn her, but can't condemn Trump for a vast array of at least as bad...?   Huh...imagine that...

Posted elsewhere (by me) but appropriate here as well:

you have to realize we have carefully cultivated a society where treating women like second class citizens and doing (admittedly repulsive things to them) gets your song spun on BET & MTV. Fortunately decapitating Christians (well anyone for that matter) is still universally understood to be a horrendous act and is condoned by no American that I am aware of. The same can't be said of the former.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1189 on: May 31, 2017, 06:44:19 pm »

Grin

You are a very very bad man.

Thanks for noticing. I work hard at it.

I will give him Gorsuch as an accomplishment. I didn't like the choice as well as Obama's, but he figured out the details and got someone his party wanted.

These others are accomplishments but dubious as positive:

He has signed more EO's than any other president including the one he criticized for signing too many EO's.

He has given the alt right a voice and credibility.

He has accelerated the rate at which America is choosing up sides and refusing to budge.

He has managed to be kind to our traditional adversaries and piss off our traditional allies.

He hasn't figure out how to build the damn wall without using his supporters tax money.

He likely will be the incentive for getting rid of the electoral college for good.

He got Pruitt out of Oklahoma.

I guess those rate as accomplishments.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1190 on: May 31, 2017, 07:20:59 pm »

Thanks for noticing. I work hard at it.

I will give him Gorsuch as an accomplishment. I didn't like the choice as well as Obama's, but he figured out the details and got someone his party wanted.

These others are accomplishments but dubious as positive:

He has signed more EO's than any other president including the one he criticized for signing too many EO's.

He has given the alt right a voice and credibility.

He has accelerated the rate at which America is choosing up sides and refusing to budge.

He has managed to be kind to our traditional adversaries and piss off our traditional allies.

He hasn't figure out how to build the damn wall without using his supporters tax money.

He likely will be the incentive for getting rid of the electoral college for good.

He got Pruitt out of Oklahoma.

I guess those rate as accomplishments.

And getting rid of the EC will work until a Dem candidate loses the popular vote by 3mm votes but would have won the EC if it were still around.  I see the abolishment of the Electoral College as being as realistic as real campaign finance reform or term limits.

But he didn’t get Fallin out of Oklahoma so that was a HUGE failure and we may pay for Pruitt’s incompetence as head of the EPA for generations.

I actually was amused by his bold rebuke of the NATO nations who haven’t been paying their 2% of GDP.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1191 on: June 01, 2017, 07:26:17 am »

So cynical! The electoral college has failed us more than once. I think there is bipartisan support to kill it. Most of my more conservative friends have supported that for years.

Pruitt is a disaster. Trump choosing him and not taking Fallin is indeed a dubious set of accomplishments. I notice a large group of candidates lining up to replace her. Any of them look fine to me by comparison. Competence is the theme.

Yeah, the only problem with Tump criticizing non payment of dues, besides the obvious hypocrisy of him not paying his own bills, is that the fees were not mandatory. They were goals set that don't have to be met for two more years. But he didn't let that get in his way of being bold cause its doubtful he ever read NATO materials relying instead on briefings from his advisors.

onward...through the fog
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1192 on: June 01, 2017, 07:32:30 am »

So cynical! The electoral college has failed us more than once. I think there is bipartisan support to kill it. Most of my more conservative friends have supported that for years.

Pruitt is a disaster. Trump choosing him and not taking Fallin is indeed a dubious set of accomplishments. I notice a large group of candidates lining up to replace her. Any of them look fine to me by comparison. Competence is the theme.

Yeah, the only problem with Tump criticizing non payment of dues, besides the obvious hypocrisy of him not paying his own bills, is that the fees were not mandatory. They were goals set that don't have to be met for two more years. But he didn't let that get in his way of being bold cause its doubtful he ever read NATO materials relying instead on briefings from his advisors.

Unless 2/3 of the states agree to become irrelevant in national elections, I just don't see this happening. And considering it's the association of all states that is the basis for the United States, I find this proposal even more unlikely. We are a federal republic, not a democracy. It's too good a system. It didn't fail anyone (unless you consider it failing the loser).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:34:58 am by erfalf » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1193 on: June 01, 2017, 08:14:01 am »

Posted elsewhere (by me) but appropriate here as well:

you have to realize we have carefully cultivated a society where treating women like second class citizens and doing (admittedly repulsive things to them) gets your song spun on BET & MTV. Fortunately decapitating Christians (well anyone for that matter) is still universally understood to be a horrendous act and is condoned by no American that I am aware of. The same can't be said of the former.

You came so close...there may be hope for you yet...!  The following is the applicable sentence.  And since Trump isn't a Christian by any stretch of anyone's imagination - well, except for the obvious confused constituency, the edit is all the more applicable.  And by your second sentence, it would appear to be casting aspersions at Obama, but since he actually IS a Christian, if that is so, then it is just a cheap shot - as expected from the RWRE, but you would normally seem to be above that.

Fortunately decapitating Christians (well anyone for that matter) is still universally understood to be a horrendous act and is condoned by no American that I am aware of. The same can't be said of the former.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1194 on: June 01, 2017, 08:22:45 am »

How many times do I have to say that I am not a Trump fan? I am all about "anyone other than [Sir Edmund] Hillary of Bosnia" losing. As long as Trump stays pro-life and anti-abortion I am just fine though. And if he saves me a little on my taxes, and leaves my healthcare alone--just gravy. 

It's NOT about being a fan or not.  It IS about your absolute unwillingness to condemn Trump for acts that are even more damaging and actually illegal than any stupid sh$t Kathy Griffin has ever said or done.  Her ignorance does not directly hurt people, cost them massive amounts of money (cheating unpaid contractors), or constitute felonious activity.  Simple things.

I know you can see the difference.  But won't step up and address the issues.

But your last statement highlights the, "it's all about me" attitude displayed here - it's all about YOUR taxes.  YOUR healthcare.  I don't know...maybe you really are that way, but I really didn't think so.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1195 on: June 01, 2017, 08:23:22 am »

You came so close...there may be hope for you yet...!  The following is the applicable sentence.  And since Trump isn't a Christian by any stretch of anyone's imagination - well, except for the obvious confused constituency, the edit is all the more applicable.  And by your second sentence, it would appear to be casting aspersions at Obama, but since he actually IS a Christian, if that is so, then it is just a cheap shot - as expected from the RWRE, but you would normally seem to be above that.

Fortunately decapitating Christians (well anyone for that matter) is still universally understood to be a horrendous act and is condoned by no American that I am aware of. The same can't be said of the former.

Tying to terrorists, not Obama for pete sake, ya know cause they have recently made habit of decapitating Christians in certain parts of the world. Not everything is a RWRE attack.

And you can't honestly sit here and say the type of behavior that Trump is accused hasn't been glorified by those in mass media (well, except for maybe the teenage girl gawking, but even that is so much hearsay at the moment that PolitiFact wouldn't touch it).

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2016/oct/18/allegations-about-donald-trump-and-miss-teen-usa-c/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:26:56 am by erfalf » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1196 on: June 01, 2017, 08:28:31 am »

It's NOT about being a fan or not.  It IS about your absolute unwillingness to condemn Trump for acts that are even more damaging and actually illegal than any stupid sh$t Kathy Griffin has ever said or done.  Her ignorance does not directly hurt people, cost them massive amounts of money (cheating unpaid contractors), or constitute felonious activity.  Simple things.

I know you can see the difference.  But won't step up and address the issues.

But your last statement highlights the, "it's all about me" attitude displayed here - it's all about YOUR taxes.  YOUR healthcare.  I don't know...maybe you really are that way, but I really didn't think so.

But generally your whole "beef" with Trump has been about things he has said and done that are just against your delicate sensibilities. So which is it, are they important, or not.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1197 on: June 01, 2017, 08:33:37 am »

Tying to terrorists, not Obama for pete sake, ya know cause they have recently made habit of decapitating Christians in certain parts of the world. Not everything is a RWRE attack.

And you can't honestly sit here and say the type of behavior that Trump is accused hasn't been glorified by those in mass media (well, except for maybe the teenage girl gawking).

I was hoping that was what you meant!  Truly.

Our understanding that this is a horrendous act is relatively new - up until about the time bounties were no longer offered for Native American scalps.  We have the same history of what is considered so deplorable these days.  Another thing they didn't teach in history class.  Google is your friend.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1198 on: June 01, 2017, 08:51:11 am »

But generally your whole "beef" with Trump has been about things he has said and done that are just against your delicate sensibilities. So which is it, are they important, or not.

Yep, I guess that's it... MY delicate sensibilities concerning pedophilia - sexual molestation of underage girls!  No one else, especially on the extreme right cares about it at all.  As is obvious by the 'crickets' of the Trump supporters around here.  Every instance of my commenting on his crime - and child molestation IS a crime! - has been met with attacks against me.  I had nothing to do with his perversions, but am blasted for questioning them.   Showing exactly where the extremist right is coming from in this country and on this forum.  Says so much about Trump supporters...

I also have delicate sensibilities about criminal sexual molestation of women - forcing a kiss on a woman is, or at least should be, very serious transgression.  Grabbing their genitals without permission is a crime.  But the RWRE just doesn't consider that to be of any consequence whatsoever...

And yeah, my delicate sensibilities are incensed when someone calls our POW's cowards.  It's just me, though, because the RWRE just doesn't really care at all - in fact, in spite of the flag waving, rah-rah BS about veterans and military service, when a know draft dodger says it, well, that's just Okie-dokie with them!!   I guess I am just overly sensitive due to the relatives I have who are in National Cemeteries due to actions taken during war and peace time that got them killed in the line of duty.  Luckily none of them were POW's, but the 1 POW I do know was no coward in any way, shape or form.  In direct contrast to Trump, who along with Daddy help, jumped through hoops to avoid military service!

And yeah, I am way overly sensitive about ridicule of handicapped people.  I'm sure the Trumpy's here find it just so amusing to wave their hands about, walk with exaggerated difficult gait, talk with slurred or garbled speech, and refer to people as "retard", and especially their intellectually deficient derivative, "libtard".  I guess I just miss the 'funny' part of that, but hey, it's those "delicate sensitivities" I have.  That are totally missing from the RWRE.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1199 on: June 01, 2017, 09:43:17 am »

And yeah, I am way overly sensitive about ridicule of handicapped people.  I'm sure the Trumpy's here find it just so amusing to wave their hands about, walk with exaggerated difficult gait, talk with slurred or garbled speech, and refer to people as "retard", and especially their intellectually deficient derivative, "libtard".  I guess I just miss the 'funny' part of that, but hey, it's those "delicate sensitivities" I have.  That are totally missing from the RWRE.

For me, the above was the absolute last straw given the condition my mother was in before she passed away.  I spent 10 or more years of my life willingly and without thought helping her in our childhood home.  Not just helping, but I was for all intents and purposes a live in caregiver (not that she was especially difficult to care for, although there were some things she still could not do without help).  She never asked help of me until she tried doing it herself.  My role model for strength and everything else.  If that sounds sappy, then tough.  She was tougher than any person I know..going what she went through and still living for 31 more years after it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org