A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:44:22 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the County think we as residents are stupid?  (Read 14965 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 08:27:30 am »

If these facilities are owned by the city, then the proposed tax shouldn't be billed as one for AA.  It should be billed as a "Tulsa Taxpayer Owned Facilities, Maintenance and Investment" tax, or "Tulsa Facilities, Maintenance and Investment" tax.  Also, why would AA or any other company want to spend millions improving something they would not own?  There is only so much work I would do to a place I was renting.

I agree with you as far as the labelling of the tax. However, it is quite common for renters to improve premises they do not own and are not reimbursed for those improvements. Often times the landlord specifically notes that the improvements may not be reversed or taken with the renter. Just a cost of doing business.

onward...through the fog
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 09:42:26 am »

I agree with you as far as the labelling of the tax. However, it is quite common for renters to improve premises they do not own and are not reimbursed for those improvements. Often times the landlord specifically notes that the improvements may not be reversed or taken with the renter. Just a cost of doing business.

Most commercial leases are triple net, meaning the tenant is responsible for maintenance, etc.  However, not sure a buiding like this can be considered a "normal" lease.  Problem is, it is all about leverage in the negotiations. 
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 03:57:28 pm »

"Does the County think we residents are stupid?"

Yes, they do.  Why do you ask?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:07 pm »

If I was pretty sure it'd be up for sale in the near future I'd want to make it was sellable.
Yep. And also paint it the color that potential buyers might like. Enough metaphoring....

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:55 am »

There are many among of us beside the county think us as stupid who have become intoxicated by the pink gas drifting out of the glass tower, including those who promoted the buying of a city hall and being landlord of  others businesses in the building, that dictated the terms of the building use which prohibited a sign being placed on the property designating it as also the city hall.  This while evacuating the former paid for city hall building , paid for by taxing the aged and working poor which was sold for near a tenth of the appraised value, that was touted as to be our permit city hall, in a transaction that will cost the citizens multi-millions of dollars.

City/County is to raise the tax monies to support a business that is unable to conduct a business in a profitable manner in a building given to the city by the Feds, at the cities request, when Douglas sought to purchase the building for millions in order to continue their manufacturing of air planes in Tulsa.
It’s now a possible that half of AA employees do not live and spend in the City/County but in other Cities and Counties.  And we are going to increase our out of pocket expenses to support jobs for these outsourced cities and counties? 

The price of most of the necessities for support such as utilities, food and clothing has increased for 10 to 100% over the past year.  Since the sales taxes are tied to the retail prices then the sale taxes (the out of pocket expenses to survive) have increased that 10 to 100% and when we talk about extending a sales tax that was voted on that had a predetermined life, we increase the sales taxes (out of pocket expense) on the aged, working poor, retires and etc.

AA was supposed to be an accredited business.  Now if that be true they should stand on their own feet not those of the citizen by increasing the citizen’s out of pocket expenses.  It they were to leave the city would restructure its self and continue to grow

Now anyone who don’t think we are stupid it is time to stand up.           
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:12:23 am by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21:54 am »

When I was a young teen, a local gasoline station (Pemco I think) humorously advertised that they used pink air in their compressors so that  patrons could readily identify leaks in their tires.

Lots of people believed in it.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 09:28:24 am »

When I was a young teen, a local gasoline station (Pemco I think) humorously advertised that they used pink air in their compressors so that  patrons could readily identify leaks in their tires.

Worked at a bar with "Free beer tomorrow" tacked behind me on a sign.

Some brainiacs came in the next day and were angry that it was once again "free beer tomorrow". 

I believe they later became Oklahoma representatives.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 09:30:08 am »

Worked at a bar with "Free beer tomorrow" tacked behind me on a sign.

Some brainiacs came in the next day and were angry that it was once again "free beer tomorrow". 

I believe they later became Oklahoma representatives.

Sully was a regular?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 09:31:28 am »

Sully was a regular?

None of them were once they were angered by the sign...and my look of disdain.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 11:15:11 am »

Did you let some air out to see it?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:51 am »

Did you let some air out to see it?

I probably did! BTW, it was actually FINA who ran the promotion. Cute, but overestimated the scientific knowledge of its customers.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

I probably did! BTW, it was actually FINA who ran the promotion. Cute, but overestimated the scientific knowledge of its customers.

I don't remember FINA stations back east.  I'm sure we had some goofy promotion gimmicks but I don't remember any at the moment.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:59 am »

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org