A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:46:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1490595 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3075 on: May 11, 2018, 11:45:31 pm »

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint!
And another with spots!
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot!

Roger Waters and Bob Geldof  just called. They are suing for slander by  trying to tie Waters music and Geldof's  character with your fantasies about Trump.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3076 on: May 12, 2018, 06:02:28 am »

Great week for The Teflon Don.....

5 Top ISIS leaders captured...

Iran deal pullout....

Nk Prisoners Home....

NK Summit date Announced....

3.9 percent unemployment....

Wages up again....

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3077 on: May 12, 2018, 12:27:25 pm »

Great week for The Teflon Don.....

5 Top ISIS leaders captured...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-mocks-new-york-times_us_5af5cb60e4b032b10bfa59e9

Iran deal pullout....
Iran resumes building nukes

Nk Prisoners Home....
"This is a pretty regular thing," said Jeffrey Lewis, an analyst at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. "North Korea grabs people and ransoms them when things get better."

NK Summit date Announced....
Trump already planned a diva walkout

3.9 percent unemployment....
More people gave up rejoining the work force

Wages up again....
Not for the people who gave up

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #3078 on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:55 pm »

If they admit Trump actually was successful at something, I'm pretty sure their wives would make them sleep outside.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3079 on: May 12, 2018, 08:11:03 pm »

If they admit Trump actually was successful at something, I'm pretty sure their wives would make them sleep outside.

Don't even bother to read replies, do ya...?   (Patric explained it all.)

The summit might actually be a thing.  If it happens.

The Obama economy does just keep on ticking - even if stock market gains have slowed quite a bit.   Will be interesting to see if wages actually do rise going forward.  Job "creation" - averaging about 163,000 per month under Trump.  Compared to the last 3 years of Obama at 250,000 in 2014, 226,000 in 2015, and 187,000 in 2016.  About where one would expect at this stage of an economic cycle.   Nothing special going on now...just more of what was happening.

And wasn't that interesting how Fake Fox News kept to their inept incompetence - lack of actual news efforts - calling out the New York Times on Friday for not reporting ISIS capture, when Fox finally had it sink in enough to register.  And how NYT actually reported on it Wednesday...!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:14:47 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3080 on: May 13, 2018, 05:00:46 pm »

Rhetorical question - I know the answer;

Just how stupid do these people have to get before the Minions will grow a brain and think for themselves??

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tomi-lahren-claims-low-skilled-162144315.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3081 on: May 14, 2018, 12:53:26 am »

Happy the U.S. embassy in Israel is opening in Jerusalem. Also happy about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpkxl4DXtk

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3082 on: May 14, 2018, 08:30:22 am »

Happy the U.S. embassy in Israel is opening in Jerusalem. Also happy about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpkxl4DXtk

As we expect...happy to break the laws of Irael!   Israel is breaking both International treaties they are signatories to and their own domestic law as ruled on by the Israeli Supreme Court.  But hey, obeying the law only counts if you WANT to obey it...

So when are there going to be sanctions against that criminal state...??

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:36:53 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

TeeDub
« Reply #3083 on: May 14, 2018, 08:35:53 am »

As we expect...happy to break the laws of Irael!   Israel is breaking both International treaties they are signatories to and their own domestic law as ruled on by the Israeli Supreme Court.  But hey, obeying the law only counts if you WANT to obey it...

And China, Russia, USA, Syria, Iran, etc, etc, etc, etc.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3084 on: May 14, 2018, 09:10:24 am »

I'm glad the economy is continuing its growth trend.  But the same trend for 5 or 6 years under Obama was called unacceptable and derided by the right.  Why is it worth celebrating by the right now? Also no evidence that Trump has much to do with the trend continuing (no evidence Obama had much to to do with starting the trend).

The NK summit is a good thing in my opinion.  But when Obama talked to Cuba or Iran the right called him weak for talking to our enemies.  Why is talking to our enemies celebrated now? (incidentally, we managed to get freedom's foot in the door in Cuba [people don't put up with strict communism when they see a viable alternative] and set Iran back years in its nuclear program by talking, I hope Trump can do the same with N. Korea and hope the next Democratic President doesn't undue it just because Trump did it).

Wage growth for the middle class is still sporadic and way below what it needs to be (but the upper class wage growth is doing good), as it was under Obama.  The right pointed out that wage growth was lackluster then, now we celebrate small wage growth?   Also no evidence that Trump has much to do with the trend continuing (no evidence Obama had much to to do with starting the trend)

The NK prisoners coming home is always good news, but it is also a pattern.  They arrest Americans, they use them as pawns, then release them to great fanfare when Trump asks, or Rodman puts on a sideshow, a Clinton  asks nicely, or whatever. Trump gets as much credit as the Clinton or Dennis Rodman.

No one has explained to me why it is good for the United States to cancel the Iran deal.  The American economy loses out on tens of billions of positive trade numbers. Iran gets nuclear weapons faster.  Russia gains regional influence.  It obviously limits our ability to make deals with anyone else and is a huge win for the hard liners in Iran (anything that keeps Iran isolated and more in their power). It's a tough guy move, but it doesn't actually help us.

No one has explained to me why it is a good for the United States to move the embassy.  Israel is a close ally of the United States, but that hasn't changed because we kept the embassy in Tel Aviv for decades and that isn't going to change as long as we give them $3 or 4 billion a year in aid.  Israel gains bragging rights by showing the world that the US will do what it says, but what did the US gain strategically or tactically by moving the embassy? It has costs financially and significantly in US influence in the region.  A strong Israel is a positive for the US, but the ally in a dominant global position usually doesn't pander to the smaller partner without a reason. (and yes, Israel has issues.  But the US doesn't, and shouldn't exclude strategic allies because we don't 100% agree with their politics).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3085 on: May 14, 2018, 10:58:41 am »

US opens new Embassy in Jerusalem as dozens killed in Gaza clashes

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/14/politics/jerusalem-us-embassy-trump-intl/index.html

Jerusalem (CNN)The US officially relocated its Embassy to Jerusalem on Monday, formally upending decades of American foreign policy in a move that was met with clashes and protests along the Israeli-Gaza border.

At least 43 Palestinians were killed in Gaza as deadly protests took place ahead of and during the ceremony in Jerusalem — making it the deadliest day there since the 2014 Gaza war.

Trump family doing the do.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3086 on: May 14, 2018, 11:06:26 am »

And China, Russia, USA, Syria, Iran, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Yes!   You cannot imagine how truly glad I am to see you admit to those facts!  It's one of the big drivers behind my participation here - to try to get people to realize and then hopefully act!   There may be hope for you after all!!

And in the lastest Fake Fox News people doing illegal things - Tomi Lahren, Fake Fox News Bobblehead says, "“We are indeed a nation of immigrants. We are also a nation of laws. Respect our laws and we welcome you. If not, bye”

And yet, her own immigrant ancestors - great-great grandfather, Constantin Dietrich - was on trial for forgery in the early 1900s for — get this — falsifying naturalization documents and altering his date of immigration.

So by her own standards, she should be deported.  She is here illegally, just like the 'Dreamers'.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3087 on: May 14, 2018, 11:11:13 am »

US opens new Embassy in Jerusalem as dozens killed in Gaza clashes

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/14/politics/jerusalem-us-embassy-trump-intl/index.html

Trump family doing the do.

It's only what we can expect from Trump Family Values.  And pretty much what we have been doing since 1947 anyway... varying only in degree from time to time.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3088 on: May 14, 2018, 11:37:34 am »

Tomi Lahren, Fake Fox News Bobblehead says, "“We are indeed a nation of immigrants. We are also a nation of laws. Respect our laws and we welcome you. If not, bye”

And yet, her own immigrant ancestors - great-great grandfather, Constantin Dietrich - went on trial for forgery in the early 1900s for — get this — falsifying naturalization documents and altering his date of immigration.

So by her own standards, she should be deported. Wonder what her rationalization is about that one...??

Same as all the extremist right I bet.

TeeDub
« Reply #3089 on: May 14, 2018, 12:00:52 pm »

So by her own standards, she should be deported. Wonder what her rationalization is about that one...??

Technically she is an American citizen.  Her great-great-Grandfather is the one that should have been deported...   (Might have happened if it hadn't been for the anchor baby policy that Obama established.)

* I fully anticipate whining about how Obama wasn't born yet.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org