A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:27:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could The Pissing Match Get Any More Bizarre?  (Read 2174 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: July 28, 2010, 09:40:49 am »

Now Louis Bullock, the attorney who has been handsomely enrichened by your tax dollars for representing the black officers in the lawsuit against the city of Tulsa is worried the pissing contest with Mayor Bartlet (sic) and the Council could jeopardize the settlement.

Louis Bullock, the Tulsa attorney who represents black officers in their lawsuit against the city, has approached some city councilors about mending their relationship with Mayor Dewey Bartlett over fears that the fracas may affect the settlement of the suit.

"My first objective is to be sure that the settlement in the black officers case doesn't end up in a situation that it has difficulties due to some of the difficulties the City Council and mayor are dealing with," Bullock told the Tulsa World.

The councilors whom Bullock has met with said he talked about using a retired judge to mediate a resolution of the council's investigation of Bartlett and his chief of staff, Terry Simonson, and a related lawsuit against the council that alleges an open meeting violation.

The councilors said they didn't understand how those issues are linked to the black officers settlement.

"In my opinion, they are separate issues where the only thing in common is the lawyers involved," said Council Chairman Rick Westcott, with whom Bullock has spoken.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20100728_11_A15_LouisB960184&archive=yes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaSooner
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:34:50 pm »

Only if somehow the Mayor would ask for the immediate resignation of Council attorney Drew Rees.

Oh, wait...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:58 pm »

Only if somehow the Mayor would ask for the immediate resignation of Council attorney Drew Rees.

Oh, wait...

Yeah a city leader thinking a city employee should be fired for giving bad advice... that sounds so familiar.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:58 pm »

I guess I'm curious, was Bartlett's attorney working on behalf of the city in regards to Rees, or personally for Bartlett???  I still think that is a shady choice of attorneys by Bartlett, but nothing he does anymore surprises me.

I guess I'm still wondering if he and Simonson have nothing to hide, why are the going to such GREAT LENGTHS to fight the investigation? 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org