A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:29:36 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Police Helicopter  (Read 550 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2024, 11:19:35 am »

FAA actually doesnt allow that. Instead UAV are required to broadcast their serial number and position from takeoff to landing using Remote ID, https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-14/chapter-I/subchapter-F/part-89
Interesting.  Almost like ADS-B Out. I presume it's on an different frequency but couldn't readily see the requirements and probably wouldn't understand the government gobbledy-gook anyway.

Quote from: Red Arrow on May 07, 2024, 02:18:24 pm
As I understand it, recreational drones are limited to 400 ft AGL.  Most general aviation isn't that low.

Yes, but it happens.

Helicopters and crop dusters are generally obvious to someone keeping their UAV in sight.  Someone buzzing their house will probably put their transponder in standby, assuming they have one to begin with.  From your link above, it looks like the recreational UAV will report itself as being over 400 ft AGL using the Remote ID and drones operating under Part 91 will have ADS-B Out.

This looks interesting:
https://www.unmannedairspace.info/latest-news-and-information/dronetag-releases-drone-scanner-app-to-track-nearby-drone-flights-using-remote-id-data/

« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 02:00:50 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org