A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:39:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Vice President Joe Biden Asleep During Obama's Debt Speech?  (Read 2419 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: April 13, 2011, 06:52:17 pm »

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/04/asleep-on-the-job-what-was-vice-president-joe-biden-doing-during-obamas-debt-speech.html

Vice President Biden chose an inopportune time for either a nap or some deep reflection today.

As President Obama weighed in on one of the most important issues of the day, outlining his plan to deal with deficit reduction and attack the national debt, at least one audience member did not appear to be fully engaged.

Biden, at one point, could be seen apparently nodding off -- or at least deep in thought. The bug was catching, too. The woman in glasses directly behind Biden appears to close her eyes too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhMZBsOSXjw[/youtube]

Can't say I blame him, I would have probably fell asleep too if I had to listen to a speech after lunch.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:55:37 pm by GG » Logged

Trust but verify
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:56:05 pm »

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/04/asleep-on-the-job-what-was-vice-president-joe-biden-doing-during-obamas-debt-speech.html

Vice President Biden chose an inopportune time for either a nap or some deep reflection today.

As President Obama weighed in on one of the most important issues of the day, outlining his plan to deal with deficit reduction and attack the national debt, at least one audience member did not appear to be fully engaged.

Biden, at one point, could be seen apparently nodding off -- or at least deep in thought. The bug was catching, too. The woman in glasses directly behind Biden appears to close her eyes too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhMZBsOSXjw[/youtube]

Can't say I blame him, I would have probably fell asleep too if I had to listen to a speech after lunch.

I think this is the third time this vid has been posted in this forum. lol.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:46 pm »

I think this is the third time this vid has been posted in this forum. lol.

Oooops sorry. 

Trust but verify
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:01:16 pm »

Joe's our special little guy!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

Oooops sorry. 

Don't be. It's freakin hilarious.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:35:12 pm »

So was this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmg5RiMMCLI[/youtube]

Just trying to be 'fair and balanced', dontcha know!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 07:39:42 pm »

Meetings are like sleeping pills for me.  It doesn't matter if I am interested in the subject and wide awake at the start of the meeting.  I will soon be checking my eyelids for leaks.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »

Meetings are like sleeping pills for me.  It doesn't matter if I am interested in the subject and wide awake at the start of the meeting.  I will soon be checking my eyelids for leaks.

Depends for me.  Subject matter, presenter all make a difference.

Used to be a co-worker of mine who could knock a room out even with the most interesting of subjects.  He just had that knack.  He was like tryptophan personified.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org