A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Day of Support for...  (Read 73332 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

It's amazing.  Mike Huckabee wrote on book on weight loss about 5 years ago.  Now he goes and undos that by calling for a Chick-fil-a appreciation day.

I doubt that one trip to Chick-fil-a is going to do much to you.  I've never been there but some of the guys at work went once a week for quite a while.  Then they changed to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I think the latest fad is Freebirds.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 08:54:44 pm »

Why? It's all the left has? If you support traditional marriage, you are a homophobe. Just ask the current white house occupant, who was a homophobe and a bigot until recently. Now, heading over the Chick-Fil-A to protest anti-First Amendment right people.

I don't expect the left, or anyone, to stop bashing homophobes and bigots.  I just want to redefine some otherwise unrelated words to describe them like other groups have abandoned derogatory words for new words that will be derogatory after a while.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »

Well, tell us all Nate when you will be at the "kiss in" this Friday at Chick Fil-A (you don't have to buy a damned thing--just sit there) to show your support for anti-homophobia or whatever else you bozos want to call people with a different opinion than you.

Heck, RM, organize a TNF brown bag lunch and support SSM. Action speaks louder than words...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:55 pm »

I don't expect the left, or anyone, to stop bashing homophobes and bigots.  I just want to redefine some otherwise unrelated words to describe them like other groups have abandoned derogatory words for new words that will be derogatory after a while.

It's easy to sit behind a computer and spew nonsense like Nate does. We will look for his live report from Chick Fil-A this Friday as he rolls up his sleeves and starts calling everyone eating there/working there a bigot and homophobe. Maybe some guy trying to just pay his bills or enjoy lunch will help Nate with some free dental work.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »

It's easy to sit behind a computer and spew nonsense like Nate does. We will look for his live report from Chick Fil-A this Friday as he rolls up his sleeves and starts calling everyone eating there/working there a bigot and homophobe. Maybe some guy trying to just pay his bills or enjoy lunch will help Nate with some free dental work.

Please point out to me when I stated that everyone who works at Chick-Fil-A or eats at Chik-Fil-A is a homophobe. You'll have a hard time doing that, since I didn't say that. The company supports homophobes and is run by a self-professed homophobe. People are free to eat where ever they like. Perhaps they see the connection between their dollar and the radical religious right's campaign of divisiveness, fear, and hatred as indirect enough to be fine with spending their money there. It's not my problem or my place to tell them what to do.

How about you take off the burger king crown and stop hassling me over what I choose to spend my money on. What are you, some kind of crypto-fascist?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

Ha!  This coming from the king of the ad-hominem?

Holy cow!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:42 pm »

So everyone, the answer is NO. Nate will not be attending the "kiss in" after all. What's the matter, afraid to spend time with "those" people?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 09:52:15 pm »

Their food is ok, but not exceptional.  The problem I have with them is they price it like it IS exceptional....

I eat there once in a while, because it is like so many fast foods...ya just gotta get a "fix" once in a while...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »

Time out!!!!

Completely unrelated to anything here....watching men's gymnastics for the first time in a long time, and a Japanese guy did a handstand that was incredible.  And did it very well, too.

The difference from what I have seen previously was that instead of hands at about shoulder width, his were a good 4 feet apart, or what looked like about double the normal width, making a very wide stance.  The power required for that is amazing!

Ok, back to your normally scheduled wackoutedness...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 10:05:37 pm »

Their food is ok, but not exceptional.  The problem I have with them is they price it like it IS exceptional....

I eat there once in a while, because it is like so many fast foods...ya just gotta get a "fix" once in a while...

I agree with that. My kid loves it because of the play area. But I am going to make an announcement for recent choice of chicken. Everyone...I liked Pizza Hut/Wing Street hot "wings"--the breaded boneless. Okay purists, let er rip.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:56 pm »

Heck, RM, organize a TNF brown bag lunch and support SSM. Action speaks louder than words...

We have never had a TulsaNow lunch that turned bad. I don't want to risk our perfect record eating in a place that uses social issues to promote their food. I think that is in poor taste amd I want good tatste when I eat.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

I agree with that. My kid loves it because of the play area. But I am going to make an announcement for recent choice of chicken. Everyone...I liked Pizza Hut/Wing Street hot "wings"--the breaded boneless. Okay purists, let er rip.

Nothing wrong with that.  I actually like Buffalo Wild Wings boneless wings.  I like both, but I also like the sauce selection BWW has.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:58 pm »

At no point have I said that other people can't eat there if they like.

You personally haven't said it but others (Chicago, Boston) have said so by wanting to prohibit the presence of Chick-Fil-A in those cities.

The fact that some do want to prohibit people from eating there is the bigger issue.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »

But I won't do Chuck-E-Sleazes....

Pizza Hut, huh?  Well, geez, guy, the Salvation Army will feed you if you go to the Center of Hope....  

Gotta love wings, though, but would rather have without the breaded.  Plus, real wings are dark meat - if you get the boneless, it is more white meat - too dry, less taste!

Another time out moment - 115 in Enid.  Was driving through Norman/Moore/OKC earlier and it was 112 on truck thermometer the whole time.  Yuck!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 10:15:41 pm »

Your taste buds are burned out from too many hot peppers.  Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org