A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:21:29 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Shootings the last six months  (Read 146799 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »

Limbaugh and Hannity are messes.

The following sources are passing along the descriptions regarding superior intelligence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/adam-lanza-newtown-school-shooter-honors-student_n_2306736.html

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/newtown-connecticut-school-shooting-victims-403059
4. A portrait of shooter Adam Lanza emerges.
The 20-year-old shooter has been described as a troubled “genius” who had a hard time fitting in during high school and did his best to avoid attention. He lugged around a black briefcase to  his 10th grade honors English class and walked the hallways of his high school with his arms at his sides.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

The following sources are passing along the descriptions regarding superior intelligence.

So the articles are describing him as a genius or claiming he had superior intelligence?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 02:07:05 pm »

So the articles are describing him as a genius or claiming he had superior intelligence?

I believe I said:

I did not see anything refuting those descriptions but I did not say that the articles actually made that claim.

I don't listen to Limbaugh and usually skip Hannity so I don't know if they actually personally claimed the shooter was a genius or were just passing along the descriptions made by others. (Or if they even got involved in that description.)

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »

I believe I said:
I did not see anything refuting those descriptions but I did not say that the articles actually made that claim.

I don't listen to Limbaugh and usually skip Hannity so I don't know if they actually personally claimed the shooter was a genius or were just passing along the descriptions made by others. (Or if they even got involved in that description.)

and so we move onto the "why should we give a crap?"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

Interesting.  Everyone has been calling for an assault weapon ban, yet now it appears the killings were carried out with two handguns while the .223 rifle was still in the car?

It was reported on the news this morning that Lanza may have had Asperger's and that violent behavior is not a trait of Asperger's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 02:53:13 pm »

Interesting.  Everyone has been calling for an assault weapon ban, yet now it appears the killings were carried out with two handguns while the .223 rifle was still in the car?

It was reported on the news this morning that Lanza may have had Asperger's and that violent behavior is not a trait of Asperger's.

Source? I call this post a simple mistake. Yes, the fourth weapon was in the vehicle. The AR was the murder weapon.

Correct me if I am mistaken. Roll Eyes
December 18, 2012, 12:39 am182 Comments
Party Identity in a Gun Cabinet
By NATE SILVER
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/in-gun-ownership-statistics-partisan-divide-is-sharp/
Having school-age children in the household did not significantly affect gun ownership rates, either positively or negatively. A majority of Republican-voting parents of minor children had a gun in their home, while only about one in four Democratic-voting parents did.
Whatever makes this country so different from the rest of the world must surely be reflected in the differences in how Democrats and Republicans see the nation.

And there it is!

Where's Nathan when we need a stats guy?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:57:28 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »

One more thing: the meds. This idiot savant's meds are a major accomplice. Why do we never hear from the murderer's doctors? And please, not HIPPA.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:18 pm »

Interesting.  Everyone has been calling for an assault weapon ban, yet now it appears the killings were carried out with two handguns while the .223 rifle was still in the car?

CSP reported on Saturday during a briefing after the first set of autopsies that the 223 was the primary used in the shootings.  The killer then took his own life with either a Sig Sauer 9mm or Glock 10mm.  They didn't disclose which.  In the trunk of the car was a Saiga 12 gauge assault rifle.  Like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0PKDGlwiw[/youtube]

The mother, I remember hearing/reading, was killed with some sort of 22 caliber gun..once again, one registered to her...at her house.  She also owned three other firearms, but not sure of the type.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »

and so we move onto the "why should we give a crap?"

Don't include me in that "we".

So you are saying that you don't give a crap.  (Not a question, a statement based on your statement above.)

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »

CSP reported on Saturday during a briefing after the first set of autopsies that the 223 was the primary used in the shootings.  The killer then took his own life with either a Sig Sauer 9mm or Glock 10mm.  They didn't disclose which.  In the trunk of the car was a Saiga 12 gauge assault rifle.  Like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0PKDGlwiw[/youtube]

The mother, I remember hearing/reading, was killed with some sort of 22 caliber gun..once again, one registered to her...at her house.  She also owned three other firearms, but not sure of the type.

And therein lies the whole problem with 24/7 coverage on such events.  Everyone is so damned concerned about scooping everyone else that it's of no consequence to them when they post utter bullshit.  I grabbed that snippet out of one of the links posted above on this page.

The media is unwittingly glorifying these events in the minds of the next potential rampage killer.  Somewhere in a dark basement someone is dreaming of coming up with something even more diabolical.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »

Don't include me in that "we".

So you are saying that you don't give a crap.  (Not a question, a statement based on your statement above.)

I don't give a crap if someone says that someone says he was smart.

I give even less of a crap that you say that someone says that someone says it.

Go ahead and give your crap.  You are welcome to mine.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »

And therein lies the whole problem with 24/7 coverage on such events.  Everyone is so damned concerned about scooping everyone else that it's of no consequence to them when they post utter bullshit.  I grabbed that snippet out of one of the links posted above on this page.

The media is unwittingly glorifying these events in the minds of the next potential rampage killer.  Somewhere in a dark basement someone is dreaming of coming up with something even more diabolical.

The only time I really watched was when they were having a legitimate press conference.  That's where I got my information when the Connecticut State Police and the ME was talking.  If the news outlets would just leave it at that, the animosity most likely would not be there for the media

Instead, they feel the need to open with pretty graphics sensationalizing the event.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:24 pm »

The only time I really watched was when they were having a legitimate press conference.  That's where I got my information when the Connecticut State Police and the ME was talking.  If the news outlets would just leave it at that, the animosity most likely would not be there for the media

Instead, they feel the need to open with pretty graphics sensationalizing the event.

They Nancy Grace it up and sell it to the advertisers.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »

Ooops...we're a Republic.  Guess you forgot that... Another Sense of History moment.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

I don't give a crap if someone says that someone says he was smart.
I give even less of a crap that you say that someone says that someone says it.
Go ahead and give your crap.  You are welcome to mine.

What I give a crap about is finding a legitimate way to reduce the occurrence of mass shooting events.

I don't need any more of your crap.  I have enough of your crap already.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org