A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:07:00 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Hotels  (Read 23949 times)
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 07:25:31 am »

Hmm lets see. I checked Courtyards, Doubletree and The Mayo. I really wanted to stay at the Mayo just because of the History. And I have stayed at the Doubletree several years back at a Christmas party but of course that price was reflective of a lot of rooms being occupied by the hosting company so that low price doesn't count.
Who knows. May 5th(A Saturday)of this year may have just been a bad Hotel night in good ol T-Town.

They should come up with a local resident rewards card. Lower rates for non tourist, just to drum up local business and not rely on all out of town gouging price rates.
What a concept. Fill empty rooms with locals at a reasonable price. Sounds like some kind of Kramer idea.

So... Cinco de Mayo [roughly translates to "drink a metric f-ton"] in Downtown Tulsa (where they shut down roads) was a bad hotel night?  Next you are going to tell me that March 17 is also a bad hotel night.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:29 am »

So... Cinco de Mayo [roughly translates to "drink a metric f-ton"] in Downtown Tulsa (where they shut down roads) was a bad hotel night?  Next you are going to tell me that March 17 is also a bad hotel night.

What were they charging on those nights?

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't clear enough. This was a non "Holiday" day. Just a concert day. That's why I was surprised at the high prices.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:05:33 am by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 10:20:35 am »

What were they charging on those nights?

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't clear enough. This was a non "Holiday" day. Just a concert day. That's why I was surprised at the high prices.

You said your Concert was on May 5th which is Cinco de Mayo. People rent rooms so they don't have to drive from the Bars.

Thank you,
Robert Town
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 10:27:38 am »

You said your Concert was on May 5th which is Cinco de Mayo. People rent rooms so they don't have to drive from the Bars.

Ah Ha! you are absolutly right. I forgot about that since I have stopped drinking and being Mexican.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 09:58:45 am »

Smiley  I think I dropped 150 at the Ambassedor for a room after the Black Keys concert. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 11:23:26 am »

Doubletree Hotel Downtown boasts new fast-casual restaurant

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=53&articleid=20130208_53_E6_CUTLIN488857

The new Made Market fast-casual restaurant at the Doubletree Hotel Downtown is a marked departure from the building's old formal dining room, and that's by design, said John Greenleaf, global head of the Hilton chain.

Doubletree opened the new Made Market concept two weeks ago, the first of the fast-casual concept sites for Hilton. The company plans to offer the concept to other hotels in its chain, hoping the less formal and trendy format helps capture more customers off the street and from lodgers.

"We're creating a different kind of destination," Greenleaf said. "What we're looking at is more flexibility."

The company spent $2 million on the 6,000-square-foot space, where the restaurant will serve made-to-order sandwiches, hamburgers and pizzas, as well as some grab-and-go options. A coffee bar and a refrigerator case with drinks and other goods also is offered.

Greenleaf said the concept of the hotel restaurant is changing because hotel guests are looking for more affordable options as well as convenience.

Most entree items at the restaurant range from $7 to $9.

Greenleaf said the new restaurant already is getting more outside guests on nights when there are concerts and other events at the nearby BOK Center - up from an average of 50 checks to more than 600.

He said the company plans to market the concept to other hotel groups that are considering new restaurant options.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=53&articleid=20130208_53_E6_CUTLIN488857
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 03:51:07 pm »

Is that John Wall's doppelganger?

PS.  I like how the article shows an article of the John Wall's look-a-like instead of a picture of the restaurant or one of its dishes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:59:03 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 03:53:14 pm »

Is that John Wall's doppelganger?

Thought the same thing.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:09 am »

I went to OKC this weekend, stayed at the Colcord hotel. http://www.colcordhotel.com/

The downtown Tulsa Hotels have nothing on OKC in terms of quality staff, (I have also stayed and ate at the Mayo) restaurants and energy. Tulsa has a long way to go, while people that do not travel out of Tulsa might think that the Mayo is "a 5 star stay) let me tell you after a simple stay in OKC at a number of hotels that match the size of the Mayo they would change their minds. Hopefully aloft will be another story. The FLINT resturant that is also in the hotel of the colcord would wipe their shoes on Trula any day..

PS: I paid around 130 for a room vs. the Mayo's now rate of: $275-$319 which is absurd for Tulsa.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:10:58 am by zstyles » Logged
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 10:10:32 am »

weird repeat post

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:53 am »

I went to OKC this weekend, stayed at the Colcord hotel. http://www.colcordhotel.com/

The downtown Tulsa Hotels have nothing on OKC in terms of quality staff, (I have also stayed and ate at the Mayo) restaurants and energy. Tulsa has a long way to go, while people that do not travel out of Tulsa might think that the Mayo is "a 5 star stay) let me tell you after a simple stay in OKC at a number of hotels that match the size of the Mayo they would change their minds. Hopefully aloft will be another story. The FLINT resturant that is also in the hotel of the colcord would wipe their shoes on Trula any day..

PS: I paid around 130 for a room vs. the Mayo's now rate of: $275-$319 which is absurd for Tulsa.

The Colcord is a wonderful hotel and is owned by the same group that owns the Ambassador in Tulsa.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 11:14:19 am »

the same group that owns the Ambassador in Tulsa.

Another wonderful hotel.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:15 am »

The Colcord is a wonderful hotel and is owned by the same group that owns the Ambassador in Tulsa.

The Coury Collection (led by Paul Coury) does not actually own the Colcord.  Devon purchased it from their investor group in 2008 to ensure it stayed open during the construction of their tower.  However, they do continue to manage the property for Devon.  In my opinion, this shows what a great corporate citizen and company Devon is for OKC.

Coury now has an Ambassador in a former bank on Grand Blvd in KC.  They are currently working on another Ambassador in Wichita.

They know hospitality and are doing very well.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Eroica
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 10:25:40 pm »

The Coury Collection (led by Paul Coury) does not actually own the Colcord.  Devon purchased it from their investor group in 2008 to ensure it stayed open during the construction of their tower.  However, they do continue to manage the property for Devon.  In my opinion, this shows what a great corporate citizen and company Devon is for OKC.

Coury now has an Ambassador in a former bank on Grand Blvd in KC.  They are currently working on another Ambassador in Wichita.

They know hospitality and are doing very well.

I believe Devon is managing Colcord itself - Coury hasn't managed it in a couple of years. Wichita Ambassador has been open about six weeks. Both new properties are gorgeous. Go visit!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:10 am »

I believe Devon is managing Colcord itself - Coury hasn't managed it in a couple of years. Wichita Ambassador has been open about six weeks. Both new properties are gorgeous. Go visit!

I thought they had stopped as well, then I did a Google search and found a page on the Colcord website stating they still did.  Must have been old cached page.  I asked a friend this morning and who has business dealings with Coury and he confirmed.  My apologies for the incorrect statement.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org