A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:44:16 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquor stores and the 4th of July  (Read 14870 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 07:15:33 am »

His point was that he didn't want to see the law changed to permit sales on election day or holidays. He's happy with the status quo, and why shouldn't he be?  After all, have any of us ever seen a liquor story with a 'Going out of Business' sign?

The only one I have ever seen was a "For Sale Sign" And i'm sure it was at a inflated price. lol

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
BaltimorePoke
Citizen

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 08:42:36 am »

Too bad they don't sell real beer or wine.

Exactly.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:08 am »

This was in Moore, Ok (I didn't take the pic)

Of course independence wasn't exactly religion based.  But its the thought that counts.
dbacks fan
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 09:05:37 am »

Of course independence wasn't exactly religion based.  But its the thought that counts.

I needed a good laugh this morning!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 09:15:13 am »

That's going on my FB page.  Classic

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 11:10:28 am »

I thought the election day closing was repealed by a referendum vote a few years ago?  It only narrowly passed, as I recall.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 11:46:09 am »

I thought the election day closing was repealed by a referendum vote a few years ago?  It only narrowly passed, as I recall.

I believe that's correct.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 11:49:08 am »

Wikipedia says you're right, that you can now buy liquor on election days.

(This is a handy reference, BTW. I use it frequently to figure out whether I can buy beer on Sundays when I'm out of state for a weekend, or whether I have to buy Saturday and lug it around an extra day).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States_by_state

The Texas rule, you can buy beer 'til midnight on Friday night, but 1am on Saturday night, is one of the most confounding to me.

dbacks fan
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »

Wikipedia says you're right, that you can now buy liquor on election days.

(This is a handy reference, BTW. I use it frequently to figure out whether I can buy beer on Sundays when I'm out of state for a weekend, or whether I have to buy Saturday and lug it around an extra day).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States_by_state

The Texas rule, you can buy beer 'til midnight on Friday night, but 1am on Saturday night, is one of the most confounding to me.

Thanks for that. I'm soon moving to Oregon to help my father out, and could not remember the times there. Although they do charge a deposit on the bottles glass and plastic to get you to recycle them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org