A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:37:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Political consultant deeply involved in Tulsa elections (Tulsa World)  (Read 5896 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: July 10, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »

For those of you not behind the paywall sofar this month:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20110710_11_A12_Republ125264

This is a little concerning to me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

Obviously, having the same PR guy for so many candidates could cause concern.

But did the candidates decide to hire a guy who is a proven winner or did the PR guy go out and find candidates he thought could afford his services?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:37 pm »

Obviously, having the same PR guy for so many candidates could cause concern.

But did the candidates decide to hire a guy who is a proven winner or did the PR guy go out and find candidates he thought could afford his services?

I'm not going to directly copy the entire piece, but I will quote some things that lend a little concern for me anyway.

And Ahlgren's influence isn't limited to campaigns. He was paid by the leadership of the state Senate to consult on redistricting and advised behind the scenes on the drawing of new council districts.

Ahlgren, who did not return calls for comment, has previously told the Tulsa World that he was looking for candidates in other districts, too.

Councilor Bill Christiansen said many believe that Ahlgren is doing the mayor's bidding by targeting incumbent councilors. Christiansen would have faced Lakin but is not seeking re-election.

Bartlett admits he's been vocal about wanting a new council, but he denies he's been working with Ahlgren to accomplish that outcome.

But the mayor said he has suggested some candidates use Ahlgren in their campaigns and has placed congratulatory calls to some challengers of incumbents.

Disturbs me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:22:41 pm »

Wow. Those were the most well written reader replies after the story that I've ever seen in the TW. No doubt they came from local politicians who know something about our landscape. One noted that since Dewey skated on his attempted overthrow that he is now empowered to do what he pleases. Good insight.

Ewing is impressive. My district is well served by either of those candidates. Otherwise the city continues in turmoil I fear.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:03:56 pm »

Disturbs me.

I have frequently thought you are "disturbed".
 Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:28:04 pm »

I have frequently thought you are "disturbed".
 Grin

That's nothing new, the ex-wife said the same thing almost daily...

Roll Eyes

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 07:47:20 am »

I'm not running this round, but have been involved enough that I knew everything in the article before I read it. He wants to put people in office and if you won't work with him, he will find someone who will.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:00 am »

is sleazy politician an oxymoron?
rdj
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:50:05 am »

He wants to put people in office and if you won't work with him, he will find someone who will.

Bingo! 

Its capitalism, right?  I do a job and get paid for it, I need clients to have a job, if prospect 'A' turns me down, I go find another prospect.

However, when its our government it seems sleazy and dirty.

For what its worth, I don't agree with the tactics, but I see why he does what he does.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org