A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:54:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1491012 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3375 on: June 11, 2018, 03:31:32 pm »

Lol...again, falling back on the ole Tried and True Fake Fox News methodology.  If ya can't think of anything past the first sentence, call names, disparage people!  

The message was so much more than just about Trump and goes back long before he was in anyone's view.  Goes to when one of the last REAL Republicans was President and his warnings to us.   Will let you figure out which one....

It's Eisenhower of course, but you and he just make the mistake of thinking it is a Republican problem. The last person that really took a stand to it ended up dead in the street. Neither one of you can hide your partisan hackery.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3376 on: June 11, 2018, 03:37:28 pm »

I am almost tempted to try to look that up, but am half afraid it would be something with Breadburner in it and could never be unseen!!

Never fear...unless you go skinny dipping in Canadian waters. The Winnipeg Wang Snapper is known for its aggressive behaviour and voracious appetite. Like salmon, it breeds in fresh water, then migrates to the sea, returning to fresh water to breed. So if you're skinny dipping, no place is truly safe.

I had to look that up. Really. I never lie.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3377 on: June 11, 2018, 03:37:58 pm »

I am almost tempted to try to look that up, but am half afraid it would be something with Breadburner in it and could never be unseen!!

I think it's made up; I searched and nothing....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3378 on: June 11, 2018, 03:49:32 pm »

It's Eisenhower of course, but you and he just make the mistake of thinking it is a Republican problem. The last person that really took a stand to it ended up dead in the street. Neither one of you can hide your partisan hackery.

Projection.  Deflection.  Disparagement.   No mistake - he understood perfectly.  Shame you can't learn from him.

Eisenhower as partisan hack...amazing!    The guy arguably most responsible for the military leadership taking us to victory in the biggest war ever fought.  And keeping us on a course that continued the broadest improvement in quality of life in the history of the country - in the history of the world.   Yeah, partisan hack is what I would call him too...!  

Do you look like Trump, too??  

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:51:15 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3379 on: June 11, 2018, 03:53:02 pm »

Projection.  Deflection.  Disparagement.   No mistake - he understood perfectly.  Shame you can't learn from him.

Eisenhower as partisan hack...amazing!    The guy arguably most responsible for the military leadership taking us to victory in the biggest war ever fought.  And keeping us on a course that continued the broadest improvement in quality of life in the history of the country - in the history of the world.   Yeah, partisan hack is what I would call him too...!  

No you and Chom are hacks. Sorry for the misleading reply. You act as if it is a partisan issue. The fact that he may be on to something is one thing, but he and you are delusional in your belief that only one side stands for/against it. Just look where the political contributions from the "actors" (Boeing/Lockheed/Gen Dyn/Raytheon) went to. Donations seem to be pretty bi-partisan if you ask me. Not by accident either. Once trump got the vote, Boeing and LM were all on board sending huge checks to the inauguration fund.

Eisenhower had reservations obviously but considering the time period (right after a huge donkey war) it was likely difficult to ascertain the true position. Kennedy appeared to resist, to no avail unfortunately. Who since has done anything to really mitigate the circumstances?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:59:53 pm by erfalf » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3380 on: June 11, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »

No you and Chom are hacks. Sorry for the misleading reply. You act as if it is a partisan issue. The fact that he may be on to something is one thing, but he and you are delusional in your belief that only one side stands for/against it. Just look where the political contributions from the "actors" (Boeing/Lockheed/Gen Dyn/Raytheon) went to. Donations seem to be pretty bi-partisan if you ask me. Not by accident either. Once trump got the vote, Boeing and LM were all on board sending huge checks to the inauguration fund.

Eisenhower had reservations obviously but considering the time period (right after a huge donkey war) it was likely difficult to ascertain the true position. Kennedy appeared to resist, to no avail unfortunately. Who since has done anything to really mitigate the circumstances?

Clinton, until the Republican congress took it back, if memory serves me correctly.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3381 on: June 11, 2018, 04:37:48 pm »

Projection.  Deflection.  Disparagement.   No mistake - he understood perfectly.  Shame you can't learn from him.

Have you purchased those knee pads yet..Huh..The C.j.C. is counting on you...!!!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3382 on: June 11, 2018, 04:41:09 pm »

Have you purchased those knee pads yet..Huh..The C.j.C. is counting on you...!!!!

Oopppssss.... slipped back a grade to 6th grade dropout.

You must be libertarian...certainly is the epitome of your development.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3383 on: June 11, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »

So everyone went home and blamed the other guy. Shocking. Shocking I tell you.

No, everyone went home and blamed the idiot toddler who was at fault.

And I am sure to be sorry I asked, but what is "cjc" that our village idiot breadburner keeps referencing?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3384 on: June 11, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »

Not talking about the act of meeting - talking about the BS being spewed about how this is something new - we have talked to NK for decades.  And the fact that there were no conditions - the ones you mentioned had conditions associated before actual action.  

I should have said what I was thinking much better- no one seems to be aware of a sit down between the two country's leaders since WWII or the Korean War era.  Anyone who even has half an interest in national news knows there's been a game of nuclear Pyongyang (get it ping pong?) for quite some time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3385 on: June 11, 2018, 06:08:04 pm »

I should have said what I was thinking much better- no one seems to be aware of a sit down between the two country's leaders since WWII or the Korean War era.  Anyone who even has half an interest in national news knows there's been a game of nuclear Pyongyang (get it ping pong?) for quite some time.

Yeah, don't think Clinton ever did a sit-down with Kim Jong-Il but there was an agreement in place.  Until there wasn't.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3386 on: June 11, 2018, 07:48:24 pm »

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3387 on: June 12, 2018, 06:34:10 am »

Clinton, until the Republican congress took it back, if memory serves me correctly.

I don't think it served you correctly. Unless you are suggesting a 5% reduction in budget is standing up to them in some significant way. Probably accidentally so considering Clinton's slightly more advanced finance/budgeting mind.

Unless Hillary represented a major shift from Bill that is. She was easily the favored candidate. However that may largely be due to the presumption of her winning.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3388 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:10 am »

I don't think it served you correctly. Unless you are suggesting a 5% reduction in budget is standing up to them in some significant way. Probably accidentally so considering Clinton's slightly more advanced finance/budgeting mind.

Unless Hillary represented a major shift from Bill that is. She was easily the favored candidate. However that may largely be due to the presumption of her winning.

Are you sure?

https://www.history.com/news/north-korea-nuclear-deal-bill-clinton-agreed-framework

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3389 on: June 12, 2018, 07:42:40 am »

I think you and I are talking about two different things. I thought your response was to my claim that no president since Kennedy stood up to our OWN military complex.

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org