A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:19:03 pm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 250035 times)
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2011, 12:43:44 pm »

I don't know if you guys saw it, but The Journal Record has an article today about Class A office space in Tulsa.

You have to be a subscriber to read the full story, but the apropos nuggets include:

• Downtown Tulsa/CBD now holds a 92-percent occupancy rate on Class A space.  At the end of 2007, that rate was 76%.
  • The CBD now leads the Tulsa metro in that category for the first time in more than 10 years. (The previous leader was the south Yale corridor around Warren Place, etc.)
  • The BOK Tower/One Williams Center currently has an occupancy rate of 94%, and that may soon be 99%.

In_Tulsa
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2011, 12:55:46 pm »

Looks like demand is there for a new High Rise!! I hope taller then 18 stories. I think a 40 story building would look awesome there!!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2011, 12:58:09 pm »

Looks like demand is there for a new High Rise!! I hope taller then 18 stories. I think a 40 story building would look awesome there!!

Maybe 851 feet tall...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »

Maybe 851 feet tall...

Wouldn't the folk in OKC have a cow.  But I would rather us get 10 more, pedestrian friendly, 8 story buildings with ground floor retail than one tall building. We have had the height advantage for ages,,, no big deal.  Would rather us go for superb quality and style.  And since they are the capital and states largest city, its only appropriate that they can at least brag that they have that ONE tall tall building.  And we still aren't so shabby having the states second tallest,,, oh and we also have the third tallest,,, oh and we also have the fourth tallest,,, oh and we also have the fith tallest,,, oh, and btw, we are still MUCH better lookin lol  Cool

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2011, 01:10:47 pm »

Still hearing 18 stories at 238 ft.  It will still impact the skyline from most angles and be visible from the money shot view from the Pedestrian Bridge.

I do think we will see one of the tenants at the BOK Tower move into Cimarex' vacated Class A space in First Place or build a new tower.  BOK would be the most logical to build a new signature building downtown if they keep growing and avoid getting bought up by a larger bank.  Not only are they the largest bank in Oklahoma but also are one of the larger regional banks in the country with banks in Texas, Colorado, Arkansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:15:37 pm by SXSW » Logged

rdj
City Father

« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2011, 07:42:45 am »

BOk won't sell until Mr Kaiser decides he wants to sell.  Between his holdings and his top executives they own enough to clearly dictate the direction the bank goes.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:39 am »

What's going on at 210 S Cheyenne Ave (just east of the One Place Site)? I know this was proposed to be a sports bar at one point. The reason I ask is that there is a permit on the door and a dumpster in 2nd St.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:32 am »

Still hearing 18 stories at 238 ft.  It will still impact the skyline from most angles and be visible from the money shot view from the Pedestrian Bridge.

I do think we will see one of the tenants at the BOK Tower move into Cimarex' vacated Class A space in First Place or build a new tower.  BOK would be the most logical to build a new signature building downtown if they keep growing and avoid getting bought up by a larger bank.  Not only are they the largest bank in Oklahoma but also are one of the larger regional banks in the country with banks in Texas, Colorado, Arkansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.

I don't know... I'd be very surprised if they ever moved.

It's an expensive proposition to move an entire headquarters... BOK has been one of two anchor tenants in the tower since it opened and they own long-term naming rights on the building.

Not saying it will never happen --- I would just be very surprised if it did.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2011, 10:35:19 am »

I don't know... I'd be very surprised if they ever moved.

It's an expensive proposition to move an entire headquarters... BOK has been one of two anchor tenants in the tower since it opened and they own long-term naming rights on the building.

Not saying it will never happen --- I would just be very surprised if it did.

I don't think anybody suggested either of the headline tenants may move.. 
Other companies besides BOK and Williams occupy that space..  Magellan, Newfield, etc.
You've got the Williams logo, so you already knew that.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2011, 08:05:10 am »

And it begins...

http://www.newson6.com/story/15248899/demoliton-work-to-make-way-for-tulsas-one-place-tower

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2011, 10:03:57 am »

From one of my Facebook friends

* Screen shot 2011-08-11 at 11.03.43 AM.png (328.52 KB - downloaded 506 times.)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2011, 11:45:18 am »

Good stuff.  Let's get that thing built, stat!
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:56 pm »

Cool. Can't wait to see the final product.
Stone
Activist

« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:57 am »

It's starting!!
The construction site of One Place-Phase II on Thursday. MIKE SIMONS/Tulsa World

By BRIAN BARBER World Staff Writer
Published: 9/22/2011  10:44 AM
Last Modified: 9/22/2011  10:44 AM

Leaders of the $100 million One Place development across from the BOK Center took Thursday morning's rain as a good omen as they broke ground on the second phase.

"Well, they say rain is good on wedding days," One Place LLC principal Hank Pellegrini quipped. "So maybe with the mayor here he can oversee a marriage of landlord and tenant."

The tenant Pellegrini referred to is Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, which will occupy two floors of a new five-story building east of Denver Avenue between Second and Third streets.

The building also will have restaurants and retail.

This was the second groundbreaking for One Place, which is planned to encompass the entire square block.

In June, work was begun on the 18-story One Place Tower, which will house Cimarex Energy and have commercial space.

Future third and fourth phases will include a hotel, residential and public courtyard components. The development will have multiple levels of underground parking.

The Northwestern Mutual building will be done by August 2012, while the tower will be completed in early 2013.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110922_11_0_Leader471568

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110922_11_0_Leader471568

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »

It's great to see dirt being moved at this site.  One less large surface parking lot in downtown.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org