A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:03:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 41st and Harvard  (Read 6748 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: May 14, 2008, 12:17:01 pm »

I saw some Sack and Associates surveyers working in the Christmas tree lot at 41st and Harvard this morning.  I don't know enough about surveying to say whether they were surveying the lot, or surveying something else nearby.  Anybody heard any rumors?  Or better yet...any actual info?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:10:55 pm »

Trailer Park.

Kidding.
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 01:53:44 pm »

Pharmacy?

Sack of survey.....Manley.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 02:02:14 pm »

It's Tabu's new location....

FOTD
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 02:24:51 pm »

Too close to a church, Burner.

Could be another strip with Starbucks, Quizno, Cartridge Store and spec space for Tats or Nails.
T-TownMike
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:26:50 pm »

It was going to be a Wal-Mart a few years back until the neighborhood told them NO. I'm not sure what the plan is for the site now.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 02:34:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by T-TownMike

It was going to be a Wal-Mart a few years back until the neighborhood told them NO. I'm not sure what the plan is for the site now.

You mean they DIDN'T want to save money on Pepsi and Twizzlers?

FOTD
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:50 pm »

It could be on the QT.

We won't know much until a site plan is filed because it will not be a land sale. Land lease.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 02:47:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

It could be on the QT.

We won't know much until a site plan is filed because it will not be a land sale. Land lease.

I was thinking QT as well.  I lived near there for 12 years and always felt there was a little gap in QT coverage there.  The 47th & Yale QT wasn't the Quikest of Trips from Harvard.  Without a huge population increase in the area though, building a new QuikTrip likely just pulls business away from other QTs.  There used to be one at 51st & Lewis that they shut down too.

bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 02:07:26 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:

It could be on the QT.

I was thinking QT as well.  I lived near there for 12 years and always felt there was a little gap in QT coverage there.  The 47th & Yale QT wasn't the Quikest of Trips from Harvard.  Without a huge population increase in the area though, building a new QuikTrip likely just pulls business away from other QTs.  There used to be one at 51st & Lewis that they shut down too.

Where exactly was it located?  It was obviously before my time.
Noodlez
Activist

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 02:51:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bugo

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:

It could be on the QT.

South West corner, next to the bridge in what is now an open lot. (or was last I was over there) it was across from the Wendys witch is now a Walgreen's
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:45:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Noodlez

South West corner, next to the bridge in what is now an open lot. (or was last I was over there) it was across from the Wendys witch is now a Walgreen's

Thanks.  When was it torn down?

Here's a pic of the area from the Beryl Ford Collection:

http://www.tulsalibrary.org/JPG/D6469.jpg

The white 62 Ford is turning from SB Lewis onto EB 51st. The black Corvair is heading north on Lewis.  The DX is where Walgreens is now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:58:02 pm by bugo » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 08:33:50 pm »

quote:

quote:

[/quote]

The white 62 Ford is turning from SB Lewis onto EB 51st. The black Corvair is heading north on Lewis.  The DX is where Walgreens is now.
[/quote]

Fix those streets!

(really, have Tulsa's streets been bad for that long?)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:34:24 pm by swake » Logged
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:46:47 am »

quote:

quote:

My old stomping grounds...

OT was on the site of the old Gulf station in the photo.  It closed about 15 years ago and was torn down about 12 years ago when the store at 61st and lewis went in and now it has been expanded.

The crossing guard standing by the stop sign was there for Revere Elementary School, now gone, which was just out of the photo (near right)… I’m not sure my knees and elbows ever healed until summer from the falls on the 100% asphalt playground  OUCH!

Looking left of the photo was Fike’s Center (still there), anyone else remember the grocery store... my mother bought one of the butcher blocks from Mr. Fike when he retired and closed the store (where Parkhill’s is now and still using the same automatic doors, back then the Liquor Store as all little yellow sign was allowed to say was on the SW corner of the center)… we still have it 37 years later.  Also just left of the DX station and out of the photo was "The Patio Grill" (later knows as Goldie’s Patio Grill when it expanded to fill the original building that was the golf shop and grill) which overlooked a little 9-hole par 3 golf course.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:50:29 am by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
FOTD
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 10:29:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

quote:

[/quote]

Fix those streets!

(really, have Tulsa's streets been bad for that long?)
[/quote]

The streets on the edge of town in that pic look as bad as they are today.

The grocery store in Fikes was Fikes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org