A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:41:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Transit site???  (Read 2881 times)
TheTed
City Father

« on: July 22, 2011, 07:24:27 pm »

I'm no computer whiz, but I can't access tulsatransit.org on my computers (one mac and one pc). I get one of those weird index sites.

Yet it works fine on the mobile phone.

It also works fine through a proxy server. I have Cox Internet. Could this be a Cox issue? I understand a virus causing the issue if it were only one of my computers, but how could it be possible on both computers?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:41:13 pm by TheTed » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »

Worked just fine for me Ted. And I got Cox Internet.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:11:33 pm »

Strange. Thanks for checking. Anybody know what could be going on? I have the cox cable modem plus a wireless router. One computer (the pc) accesses the router via wifi. The mac accesses the internet via a cord to the router.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 08:35:05 pm »

Strange. Thanks for checking. Anybody know what could be going on? I have the cox cable modem plus a wireless router. One computer (the pc) accesses the router via wifi. The mac accesses the internet via a cord to the router.

Did you reset your router? That tends to fix these sort of problems I have on occasion.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

I have crappy ATT where I am, its a DNS issue. http://tulsatransit.org/ <--- does not work, goes to Network Solutions and http://www.tulsatransit.org/ <--- does work, goes right to there slow as site.

Thank you,
Robert Town
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:22:40 pm »

Reset my router and modem. Still the same issue, with or without the www.

I'm using Chrome. I tried firefox and the site does work on there, but it's very slow.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »

IE 7, FF 5 and Chrome are all doing the same for me semi working on www. but not at all with no www. My guess they are moving servers or changing DNS providers.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 09:56:44 pm »

IE 7, FF 5 and Chrome are all doing the same for me semi working on www. but not at all with no www. My guess they are moving servers or changing DNS providers.

My solution?  Use different DNS servers

Or use Google's Public DNS servers:

Because with or without the www, it works fine for me, although I'm actually using OpenDNS's servers.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 02:44:06 am »

My solution?  Use different DNS servers

Or use Google's Public DNS servers:

Because with or without the www, it works fine for me, although I'm actually using OpenDNS's servers.

Sure, that's all good and all, however for most it isn't a good option and should not be an issue.

Edit: Plus it is already back to normal on all browsers on my end. This is why I issue a warning on sites before I back major changes (even if it most likely will effect no one, because in the real world that never happens.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:46:45 am by godboko71 » Logged

Thank you,
Robert Town
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:56:56 am »

I have Windstream here at work and it went right to it.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org