A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:16:50 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Guys Burger Coming to South Tulsa?  (Read 28187 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 12:20:01 pm »

Journal Record confirms 96th n Riverside

http://journalrecord.com/2012/05/02/five-guys-burgers-to-open-tulsa-restaurant-real-estate/
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 09:47:12 pm »

For what it's worth...

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-five-guys-burger-mcdonalds-20120918,0,2348963.story

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 01:51:13 am »

"Sppllaaattt Burger" second? Geez guess the health nut Cali people are suffering from salt deficiency...............

Smashburger, a newcomer in the so-called better burger industry, ranked second in every category except overall value.

And for those that go Homer Simpson there is this news.......

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-mcrib-for-christmas-mcdonalds-to-launch-sandwich-in-december-20120917,0,3199374.story

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:56:30 am by dbacks fan » Logged
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 10:53:58 am »

I love Fat Guys, but the best burger I ever had was Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington (Rosslyn area).  Same guy who does Ray's the Steak (If you have been there).  So if you are ever in DC and feel like a great burger, skip Five Guys and go there.  There is a map and you will see the push pin in Owasso, that was me. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 11:05:47 am »

I get the chance to eat at 5 Guys in Moore, OK from time to time (last week!  Yum!)  Very good stuff!!  Pricey, so that the value per dollar is getting close to the edge...but the burgers are VERY good!  (Right up there with Lot-A-Burger!)  Fries are also excellent.

First time I went with a couple of other guys was just a little while after they first opened.  Lady got so excited that they were there, she just couldn't wait to walk in, so she went all "drive through" on us.... I'm standing to the right of the manager and the kid who is at the drivers door, behind that head of hair - so I couldn't be seen...

http://twitpic.com/5jmvu1

I got some of that day's pics from a friend, but this one was much better than mine!  They don't stack the potatoes like that in front of the door now.  Too many smashed, I guess.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

I got some of that day's pics from a friend, but this one was much better than mine!  They don't stack the potatoes like that in front of the door now.  Too many smashed, I guess.

They're stacked like that @ 96th & Riverside.

We went on Fri.
not sure what all the hype is about.  2 burgers, 1 fry, 1 drink:  $22
I guess I'd just assume go across the river to Louie's
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »

2 burgers, 1 fry, 1 drink:  $22

Oh well, I guess I won't be going there.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 06:12:01 pm »

I spent $8.50 for the regular (double) burger and a drink.  A little pricey.
Still like Lot-A-Burger better....
And Smashmouth?  No.

Louie's??

Hope the one here is better than OKC area.  Pretty decent food, but way to expensive.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

Louie's??
Hope the one here is better than OKC area.  Pretty decent food, but way to expensive.

Actually two.  One by 101st and Sheridan.  The other in Jenks in the strip center at the Jenks end of the old bridge.  I've had a beer in the Jenks Louie's but didn't buy any food.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »

Went to Five Guys. Pretty sure it's a great hamburger place for cities that don't have good hamburger places. It's kinda like having someone run up to you and tell you that there are phones that can take pictures now. Sure, they're excited but the rest of us are underwhelmed.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:57 pm »

that there are phones that can take pictures now.

Wow, I gotta get me one of them.

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 09:33:23 pm »

Went to Five Guys. Pretty sure it's a great hamburger place for cities that don't have good hamburger places. It's kinda like having someone run up to you and tell you that there are phones that can take pictures now. Sure, they're excited but the rest of us are underwhelmed.

Better than Fat Guys?  I'm guessing that's a stupid question.

How about...better than Hanks?  Ron's?...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:49 am »

Better than Fat Guys?  I'm guessing that's a stupid question.

How about...better than Hanks?  Ron's?...

Fat Guys is about 400% better than the Tulsa Five Guys.

The burgers are comparable to some other places, just twice the price. Spent $40+ for four people, including kids who ate small.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 07:21:33 am »

I ate at 5 guys in Nebraska, wasn't impressed either.  Super excited (and scared) of Fat Guys opening much closer to home.  I also saw a "Mooyah's" buger, fries and shake joint going in at 71st & Lewis, don't know anything else.  Finally, saw a sign where they are moving dirt next to Whataburger at 101st & Memorial "Sprouts"    With all the fast food stuff coming in though, I am very excited to try the italian place coming at 91st & Yale!

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 07:57:58 am »

Buy Local People!

Fat Guys = Local
Rons = Local
Hanks = Local
Bills = Local 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org