A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:08:38 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: daily restaurant deals  (Read 8324 times)
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 10:49:23 pm »

Local Table = Locally grown where possible ,locallu procured foodstuffs where possible. Human people eat there...no so expesive clean casual. They have a bar.
Meatloaf,fried chicken + specials and salads.
Shop LOCAL!EAT local!

wildgoose
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 08:52:18 am »

At Brewburger (71st and Sheridan) we just started a special on Wednesday night 5 til 9.  Two 1/3 pound cheeseburgers with fries for $10!

These are not your typical burnt up fast food burgers....good night to give us a try.

Rob
Owner
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 10:43:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

quote:
Originally posted by danno

You guys should be careful with these restaurant deals. Notice how most of these places offer heavily discounted items on mondays and tuesdays...they are getting rid of all the old stuff that wasn't used on the weekends. For example, the $6 Mazzios monday pizza special (one large one topping pizza for $6). The quality of those $6 pizzas are far inferior to their normal priced counterparts; the cheese is like goo. I'm a huge fan of not getting the dregs and I would rather drop a little extra cash than risk getting sick too. Not trying to be a downer here but be careful.

You mean on Mondays, Mazzio's runs two separate pizza production lines?  different dough, different sauces, different cheeses, different on each of the toppings, somehow I don't think so.  Just drumming up business on a slower day of the week.

Agree...restaurants work on a FIFO(First In First Out) system.  Friday is a big delivery day to stock up for the weekend.  Monday is a big order/inventory day to restock from the weekend.  Fast food places like this DO NOT get tons of fresh products in on Friday.  It's mostly frozen & they've had it for days or weeks in the freezer.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 11:11:50 am »

quote:
Originally posted by wildgoose

At Brewburger (71st and Sheridan) we just started a special on Wednesday night 5 til 9.  Two 1/3 pound cheeseburgers with fries for $10!

These are not your typical burnt up fast food burgers....good night to give us a try.

Rob
Owner

I have considered giving you a tray and looked at the menu online but was suprised I could find no real specialty or hook. Your location is the "former home" of many a restaurant and I am waiting for something unique to come in and survive. From the menu it appears the only theme is "we have burgers and beer" which is not very unique.
inteller
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 11:15:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by wildgoose

Rob
Owner

actually I've never had a "burnt up fast food burger' so I assume you serve yours undercooked?
wildgoose
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 01:17:47 pm »

Our menu is made with everyone in mind, so we try to make sure everyone can find something to eat.  Here are some of the things my wife and I are proudest of,

Fresh (never frozen) burgers that stay juicy and delicious after cooking.
Homemade Salsa
Homemade Queso
Cooked to order Tortilla Chips
Homemade Turkey Burgers (not on the menu)
Homemade Tortilla Soup (not on the menu)
Freshest hand prepped veggies
Made to order Guacamole
My wife or I are here all day!
Word of Mouth is the way we are in Business!
Support local business!!

Rob and Lydia
Brewburger
71st and Sheridan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org