A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:03:24 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow candidate forum - meet district 4 hopefuls  (Read 25073 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 03:07:43 pm »

You guys should try Scissortail Bourbon. Made in Oklahoma.

I have a bottle of Bulleit bourbon for conan. I owe him in a trade for Slim Jim peppers.
Be there tomorrow.

Aged for three months?  I've got socks that have gone longer without being washed.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 07:48:26 am »

The plan is to video this forum and share it through the forum.

Great. Now I have to wear long pants and a clean shirt.

Will I see you guys there?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 08:03:23 am »

Now that I committed, I got an email yesterday afternoon telling me I’m getting some slots driving a pace car for the Tulsa Tough crit races this weekend and driver/spotter orientation is at 6:30 at Zoe's on Brookside tonight.  So that means I’m out.  I was looking forward to it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ben
Citizen

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 08:10:04 am »

This is scheduled for Tuesday June 4th

This may have been addressed already...but when is this? Today is Tuesday the 3rd?

Thanks!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 08:15:10 am »

This may have been addressed already...but when is this? Today is Tuesday the 3rd?

Thanks!

Interesting, he posted last Weds. that it was “a week from today”.

Which is it RM? Today or tomorrow the 4th?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 10:20:32 am »

Wednesday the 4th

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:01 am »

Wednesday the 4th

In that case, I can still accept the bribe of bourbon and be there.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »

Public Forum With Tulsa District Four City Council Candidates is Tonight

http://kwgs.com/post/public-forum-tulsa-district-four-city-council-candidates-tonight

Tulsa district four city council candidates participate in a public forum tonight.

The forum is at Foolish Things Coffee, 1001 S Main St., at 6 p.m.

Meg Sutherland with TulsaNow said it’s voters’ only chance to meet the candidates before the primary.

"Three of the district four city council candidates will be present for interested candidates to ask them questions," Sutherland said. "It's an opportunity to ask questions prior to the vote June 24."

Blake Ewing, Dan Patten and Elissa Harvill are participating. Julian Morgan will not be attending.

Sutherland said they chose this race for a forum because the district covers an important swath of the city.

"There are a lot of great things happening downtown. There are some not-great things, like the cut in transit," Sutherland said. "There are just some very important, pivotal things that stem out of downtown and midtown, and we wanted an opportunity to address those."

City councilors elected this year will serve two-year terms.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 07:20:16 pm »

Hey, I enjoyed the forum this evening. Kudos to anyone who has the guts to run for public office and talk in front of crowds. Good turnout and I got to see a few of the local posters I enjoy around here.

My ranking?
1. Blake Ewing
2. Dewey's campaign worker
3. Alyssa the cheerleader who likes pretty things and movers/shakers.

BTW, this place has killer good coffee.

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 07:53:06 pm »

We had a crowd of 79 people. Saw or heard news coverage on NPR, KRMG, Channel 8 and saw that Channel 2 was there the whole time.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:39 pm »

Hey, I enjoyed the forum this evening. Kudos to anyone who has the guts to run for public office and talk in front of crowds. Good turnout and I got to see a few of the local posters I enjoy around here.
Meet any posters you don't enjoy?  Were they made of cardboard?

Cheesy

Brad
Tourist

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 09:16:21 pm »

I would also like to thank all the candidates for taking the time and meeting with the community.

My one issue I had that has been eating at me a bit (and I don't mean to single out in an attacking manner) was Elissa Harvill's comment on wanting to stop aggressive panhandling. Although there is a difference between regular panhandling and some very annoying means of panhandling I still hope the overall statement was a poor choice of words. The issue isn't panhandling at all. That is simply a bi-product of our poverty / homeless issue. And I would be very interested in hearing her elaborate more on that issue and what she intends to do in the particular area. Not only on an elected level, but a humanitarian level.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:18:38 pm by Brad » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

I would also like to thank all the candidates for taking the time and meeting with the community.

My one issue I had that has been eating at me a bit (and I don't mean to single out in an attacking manner) was Elissa Harville's comment on wanting to stop aggressive panhandling. Although there is a difference between regular panhandling and some very annoying means of panhandling I still hope the overall statement was a poor choice of words. The issue isn't panhandling at all. That is simply a bi-product of our poverty / homeless issue. And I would be very interested in hearing her elaborate more on that issue and what she intends to do in the particular area. Not only on an elected level, but a humanitarian level.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 10:28:00 pm »

I was standing in the back wondering how to explain to Dan how a directional microphone works via hand gestures.

It was by far the toughest questions I have seen in a candidate forum.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2014, 03:59:53 am »

Meet any posters you don't enjoy?  Were they made of cardboard?

Cheesy

Probably did but not all are willing to divulge their online nom de plumes. I was careful to sit on the high profile row with a lawyer on one side and a bicycle enthusiast on the other side. The cowboy in fatigues did resemble a cardboard cutout.

You should have come! Or maybe you did.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org