A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:54:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1491417 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1260 on: June 06, 2017, 02:10:53 pm »

Surprised you don't find these posts from the sites you frequent. You know, cowards and douches.

Exactly what kind of people do you think write articles for Stormfront and Gateway Pundit? I certainly would describe them as cowards and douches. Along with being low IQ and evil scumbags.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1261 on: June 07, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »

A short pause for something cool, sparking, and refreshing before going back to the vile cesspool that is Trump and his minions....

https://www.facebook.com/agt/videos/10155032444244760/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1262 on: June 07, 2017, 02:45:09 pm »

A short pause for something cool, sparking, and refreshing before going back to the vile cesspool that is Trump and his minions....
https://www.facebook.com/agt/videos/10155032444244760/

Well, heck, man.  Don't hit me with those kind of feels mid-day like that...   That was awesome.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1263 on: June 07, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »

Well, heck, man.  Don't hit me with those kind of feels mid-day like that...   That was awesome.

Here's the full version (not edited out).  A little longer but gives some backstory on what happened to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUuCLgfMpo

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1264 on: June 07, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »

Well, heck, man.  Don't hit me with those kind of feels mid-day like that...   That was awesome.

Lol...as my grandkids would type...

And I meant to type "sparkling"....

An awful lot of talent out there in the world.  Needed the Trump break.  Ok, back to the fray....!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1265 on: June 07, 2017, 05:18:28 pm »

Hate to be the one to dampen the party atmosphere in here before Thursday even gets here, but oh well..

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/06/07/sources-strike-again-did-cnn-screw-up-this-comey-scoop-or-what/

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1266 on: June 07, 2017, 05:32:35 pm »

Apparently Senator Burr was noted to have said (I'm sorry it took away from all of your ability to find a source to leak it to you".

I've notice the countdown clock that popped up sometime yesterday has quietly been removed from CNNs broadcast.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:34:53 pm by erfalf » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1267 on: June 07, 2017, 09:53:30 pm »

Twitchy as a source?  Come on.  That's Michelle Malkin's website.  That's like if I sourced...oh, say Daily KOS (which I never read anyway).

There's still plenty of smoke, partner.  Many have said as much.  Your buddy Donny isn't out of the woods.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1268 on: June 08, 2017, 11:59:25 am »

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1269 on: June 08, 2017, 12:02:22 pm »

Twitchy as a source?  Come on.  That's Michelle Malkin's website.  That's like if I sourced...oh, say Daily KOS (which I never read anyway).

There's still plenty of smoke, partner.  Many have said as much.  Your buddy Donny isn't out of the woods.

It was just supposed to be funny commentary. It's not like the script wasn't posted on every news outlet out there.

And you know as well as I that Chumpy ain't my friend. My opinion is that Trump's rep is already gone (not that it was there to start), but what is at steak is the media's reputation/believability. The New York (In the main, it was not true) Times had a rough day today.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1270 on: June 08, 2017, 12:20:17 pm »

All I know is it is evidently making world-wide news today.

BBC website:

And that's with today being their PM election day!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1271 on: June 08, 2017, 01:37:24 pm »

1) It now appears undisputed that the Russians set out to interfere in the US election to benefit Donald J. Trump.

The only people who appear to deny it are Trump and Putin. But even Trump's supporters in the Senate have shifted to "but there is no evidence they influenced any votes."

2) When your boss calls you into the office, closes the door, and tells you he "hopes" you can make something happen... it is something more than a casual conversation.

If the President of the United States tells you one on one that "I sure hope" followed by something that is within your power, it is something more than a subtle hint.  It reminds me of Bill Clinton trying to dodge questions by saying it depends on the definition of "is."  Sure Bill, Technically you could construe your statement as being accurate - but most people got the heavy wink and the subtle nod of what was going on.

3) It is highly inappropriate for a president to demand personal loyalty.  That implies loyalty to the person ahead of loyalty to the oath of office or constitution. Monarchs and dictators require oaths of fealty, not elected leaders.

4) The timeline reads like a bad episode of the West Wing:

7/2016 - Invesitgation into Russian influence on US election begins
8/2016 -Trump is advised in intelligence briefings that Russia is attempting to interfere with the election
10/2016 - Comey reopens investigation into Hillary - Trump immediately praises it and continues to praise the decision
12/9/16 - CIA assessment leaked that Russia intervened in the US election to try to help Trump win
12/29/16 - new sanctions against Russia
12/29/16 - Flynn discusses sanctions with Russians
1/15/17 - Pence publicly denies Flynn discussed sanctions with Russians
1/24/17 - FBI interviews Flynn at the White House concerning Russia, advises White House
1/26/17 -  White House is advised by the AG that Flynn has been dishonest and could be compromised by the Russians
1/27/17 - White House summons AG, asks why the DOJ cares if one White House member lies to another
1/30/17 - Trump fires the AG
2/9/17 -  Story is leaked, Pence learns that Flynn was dishonest
2/13/17 - Flynn is forced to resign
2/14/17 -  Trump tells Comey in a private meeting that he sure hopes the Flynn investigation goes away
3/2/17 -  New AG is forced to recuse from the Russia investigation because of undisclosed meetings with Russia
3/20/17 - Comey testifies before the House regarding the Russian probe & that there is no evidence Obama wired tapped Trump
3/30/17 - Trump again asks Comey if he could "lift the cloud" of the Russian investigation
4/11/17 - Trump again calls Comey about the Russia investigation
4/28/17 Trump is still calling Russia meddling in the US election "Fake News"
5/3/17 - Comey testifies before the Senate
5/9/17 - Comey is fired, stating it was on the recommendation of Justice for the October 2016 Clinton investigation
5/10/17 - Trump meets with the Russians and says the pressure from the Russia probe has been taken off
5/11/17 - Trump gives interviews saying he made the decision to fire Comey before the recommendation from Justice and that he said to himself "You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story. . . ."
5/12/17 - Trump says that Comey better hope there are no "tapes" of their conversations
6/8/17 - Comey testifies before the Senate

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/timeline-sally-yates-warnings-white-house-mike-flynn/story?id=47272979
http://billmoyers.com/story/timeline-pences-role-white-houses-russia-related-mess/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-comey-donald-trump-relationship-timeline/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/06/01/every-russia-story-trump-said-was-a-hoax-by-democrats-a-timeline/?utm_term=.0cd348fc80c5
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:46:55 pm by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1272 on: June 08, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »

And, where is the crime?

Comey blew up the obstruction crap.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1273 on: June 08, 2017, 02:14:39 pm »

And, where is the crime?

And how did he do that?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1274 on: June 08, 2017, 02:19:00 pm »

And, where is the crime?

I don't think anything that we know today would be enough to charge the President with a crime (we don't and shouldn't charge high ranking political figures without confidence in a conviction).  I've never really dealt with obstruction or other things that people say could apply, but it seems like that evidence we currently know suggests inappropriate conduct but not clearly illegal.  I'm sure that is too nuanced for many hanging way off the left side and too far for those hanging off the right side. I also have to admit to some schadenfreude in that this President used the phrase "lock her up" as a campaign slogan when the evidence against Hillary appears to have fallen into the same category.

I didn't think it was helpful to play that card against Hillary (though the FBI and Congress investigating that issue was appropriate) and I don't think it is helpful to play that card against Trump (thought the FBI, CIA,  Congress and independent Counsel investigating this issue is appropriate).  We needed to know if Hillary's dumb, lazy or corrupt actions helped foreign countries gain intelligence or influence.  That same applies to the current administration.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org