A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:52:39 pm
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 249626 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:31 pm »

yes, my bad
for some reason I haven't been able to see the next floor's column rebar like I usually can from the south.
However, they were easily visible from the north leg of the IDL on my way home today.
So... we're good for at least one more floor.  Smiley
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #391 on: August 23, 2012, 06:53:21 pm »

Looks like all floors are poured!

It looks so much smaller than the rest of downtown from N and E because of the buildings to its east being built on a hill.

Still love having a new tower in downtown!
tulsasooner
Citizen

« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2012, 07:52:38 pm »

Does anybody know when phase 3 and phase 4 of one place are going to start?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »

Looks like all floors are poured!

You made the same mistake I did.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »

You made the same mistake I did.

LOL, yep.
They stopped for almost a week started working the columns up again yesterday.

Love to be wrong here!  Grin
rdj
City Father

« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2012, 07:38:23 am »

If you drive south on the LL Tisdale from HWY 11 the view of the skyline with this building right about Apache is really cool.  If I owned a camera that wasn't attached to an iPhone I'd go up there and snap a picture.  It's a view unlike any in Tulsa.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2012, 12:44:25 pm »

Here's a video I filmed a month ago on a drive around the west and north sides of the IDL.  You can see many of the construction projects going on downtown, including the One Place Tower. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iU5aQ-bPYE&feature=share&list=UU7nxrdS8aHzFeLR_GXGX1kA[/youtube]
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2012, 02:30:44 pm »

Here's a video I filmed a month ago on a drive around the west and north sides of the IDL.  You can see many of the construction projects going on downtown, including the One Place Tower. 

Wow, the guardrail on 75 Northbound over the river looks like poo.

The prison sure looks kept up though.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2012, 05:22:52 pm »

Koyaanisqatsi
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2012, 12:21:15 pm »

Update on status, Northwestern Mutual has moved in.

One Place is downtown Tulsa's newest office complex

A tenant has moved into the new One Place development across the street from the BOK Center. MICHAEL WYKE/Tulsa World
1 / 2Previous slideBy ROBERT EVATT World Staff Writer
Published: 9/21/2012  2:24 AM
Last Modified: 9/21/2012  4:28 AM

Lance Franczyk, managing partner for Northwestern Mutual in Tulsa, says he daydreamed years ago about what it would take for him to move his offices.

"I wanted something multi-use, near the BOK Center, with nearby retail and living space," he said. "I didn't think such a place existed."

When he shared that dream with Bob Eggleston over lunch, the response was a Cheshire Cat grin, Franczyk said. Eggleston then told him about a development he was planning that would have everything he wanted - One Place.

Fast-forward to this week: Franczyk and his 65 employees are settling into their new offices across from the BOK Center between Second and Third streets and Cheyenne Avenue.

Northwestern Mutual is the first official tenant of the $120 million development.

The centerpiece of One Place is a beige 18-story tower, but the gray five-story building on the northwest corner of the site was finished faster. Although construction workers are still finishing up the first three floors of the smaller building, Northwestern has gone ahead and set up shop in the completed top two stories.

"It's like moving into a new house," Franczyk said. "It's not finished, but we're glad to be here."

The move from offices at 71st Street and Yale Avenue returns Northwestern Mutual to its original area after a long time away. Franczyk said that when the company came to Tulsa in 1889, its office was downtown.

One of the main benefits of the move is space to expand, Franczyk said. The financial planning company plans to grow its Tulsa office to about 120 people in the next three to four years.

One Place aims to attract other office-based tenants, in addition to shops, restaurants and a hotel.

"Being first is great, but we want neighbors," Franczyk said.

Check 6, an operational efficiency and safety training company, will move into the third floor of the smaller building by December, said Brittany Sawyer, a spokeswoman for One Place.

Construction of the 18-story tower continues on schedule and should be finished by spring. Cimarex Energy Co. has leased all of it except for the retail-based first floor.

Construction on a third phase, which includes a hotel, has not yet begun. Developers are still shoring up funding, Sawyer said.

In May, the Tulsa Development Authority approved a two-year construction extension for the project. Now the privately funded project that encompasses the full square block must be complete by Dec. 31, 2016, rather than the end of 2014.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20120921_32_E1_CUTLIN824446
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »

My only beef with this project so far is where are the Street Trees?? Yet again the city and a developer has ignored the concept of Complete Streets. I also don't see any street front retail along Denver in the finished office building... that should be prime space for retail.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #401 on: September 21, 2012, 02:18:59 pm »

My only beef with this project so far is where are the Street Trees?? Yet again the city and a developer has ignored the concept of Complete Streets. I also don't see any street front retail along Denver in the finished office building... that should be prime space for retail.

Mixed Use:
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #402 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:32 pm »

Mixed Use:

Yea, not sure how the west side is supposed to draw in the crowds from the BOk Arena. It looks like a standard office building front with, I didn't miss anything, an entrance on the south side.

I guess once people start going in others will figure it out but it certainly is NOT the look I expected. I expected doors on the west side with 3 destinations to enter into.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #403 on: September 22, 2012, 07:36:09 am »

It says in the article that the Cimarex Tower itself will have ground floor retail?  Where? What side?   

The only sides fronting a sidewalk are the north and east sides and neither appear to be pedestrian friendly from what I recall seeing.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #404 on: September 22, 2012, 11:00:02 am »

It says in the article that the Cimarex Tower itself will have ground floor retail?  Where? What side?  

The only sides fronting a sidewalk are the north and east sides and neither appear to be pedestrian friendly from what I recall seeing.

The plans on their website show retail on pretty much the entire ground floor of the Cimarex building, with exterior doors at the corner of 2nd and Cheyenne leading to a common hallway that leads to the retail spaces.   It also appears to show a ground level entrance into the retail space on the east side along Cheyenne.  AND it shows a narrow-ish set of stairs in the middle of the north side, along 2nd street, that leads up to the northwest and northeast retail spaces along with small covered outdoor terraces for each of those spaces...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:08:14 am by Oil Capital » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org