A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:54:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 192014 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2014, 09:46:33 am »

It's primarily the attitude of the owners that does it for me.
Their reaction should be:
OMG!  we need to get this stuff taken care of.

Instead, we get a public rant about how their pre-cooked meats don't need to be kept at temperature and how the rules don't apply to them... they're merely suggestions.    Complaints to the health department (if there actually are complains) were made by faceless cowards.  Derogatory names for customers and health inspectors.

Seriously, where's Gordon Ramsay when you need him.

The place I frequent here was dreading the inspector coming for a visit, and hoped that they had everything in line for the visit. They got dinged on a few things, one was the dish washing area and the flooring underneath it, and the other was the walk in cooler where the keep the kegs and vegies was a couple of degrees off. They decide that it was time to update things, and in the process the ceiling for the cooler came apart, and the dish wash area was more than they expected. But they put the money into it, fixed the cooler and in the process had to replace all the tap lines, and did some other kitchen improvements, and actually thanked the inspector for the kick in the pants to make the changes since some of the items had not been upgraded in a number of years, and it has improved the beer quality in taste and temp (it wasn't bad to begin with), and the kitchen is more efficient. Other than not having draft beer for a few days, they got everything done in about a week and a half, and only had to close one day.

Most every place dreads the health inspector, but it's how you handle the issues they find.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2014, 09:55:34 am »

Everywhere you go there are going to be violations like this....If you went and looked into the kitchens of most places you eat..You would never eat out again.....

Any of the places I worked, cleaning was a part of the daily routine.  We didn’t store supplies on the floor, hand sanitation was emphasized, we paid attention to food temp.  Do items slip by from time-to-time even in the best run kitchen?  Sure.

This guy seems to think he can call his own shots on sanitation and get away with it just by being a prick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2014, 11:00:24 am »

Everywhere you go there are going to be violations like this....If you went and looked into the kitchens of most places you eat..You would never eat out again.....

Yep, I use that as an excuse when I get tired of being accused of just being cheap.

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2014, 01:35:37 pm »

Then you would be stupid to eat there.

And no, there are NOT going to be violations like this.  You can verify on the health department web site for your favorite restaurant if you can figure that one out....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »

Man, you guys called this train wreck a long time ago.

This is like the Sauerkraut of eating establishments.

It almost seems made up.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2014, 02:30:25 pm »

35 minutes ago.

Jim Peters Rice Were back open come and see us

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »

35 minutes ago.

Jim Peters Rice Were back open come and see us

How about when hell freezes over? Does that work for everyone? We'll have a TulsaNow lunch.  Roll Eyes
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2014, 03:02:31 pm »

How about when hell freezes over? Does that work for everyone? We'll have a TulsaNow lunch.  Roll Eyes

We'd need to make it Tuesday...Closed Mondays.  Think the lights'll still be on?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2014, 03:22:45 pm »

We'd need to make it Tuesday...Closed Mondays.  Think the lights'll still be on?

Tuesday, the 16th of never.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »

Just make it September 31st? It's a Wednesday,  should be good for everyone. Heck might even fly out for that day. Cheesy
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:53 pm »

Would be good for a TN lunch. We could all call in anonymous complaints.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49:08 am »

If we're gonna have a TulsaNow pizza lunch, we need to find a Sbarro somewhere...so we can get better pizza than Shotgun Sam's!   

And Sbarro is the "floor scrapings" of the pizza industry....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2014, 08:44:26 am »

You just can't script this stuff. I'm going off the rails on this "Crazy Train" ~ Ozzy Osbourne.

This grumble that works for the health departments name is Megan, she's the biggest piece of smile I have seen in a long long time. She's a disgrace as a human being and is a lieing piece of crap. She came in today at the busy time of our day while we were making pizzas and wrote us up because the meat was two degrees out of temperature because we had the lids open on the reach in to make Pizzas. She made us throw all our meat away because she said it was out of temperature. When I went back to check it later it was sitting at 35 degrees where it's suppose to be. Her making us throw away $400.00 worth of food shut us down for the day. Health inspectors have too much authority and not enough brains. Then she walked up too me and said do you want to read all this, and I said no not really. She said well I need you to sign it. I told her then I wasn't signing smile. So my kitchen manager went and signed it. Megan if you are reading this I think you are a disgusting ugly excuse for a woman. And I hope I never see your stupid donkey ever again......

Sorry folks, these people are out of control, They think they are cops running around threatening to write tickets and shutting business's down. This Megan chick is a real piece of crap. She thinks she's cute, but I doubt she could win third place at a dog show!!! I have a surprise for her next time she shows up. Following my attorney's advice..

The Tulsa County Health Department doesn't have a very good name in Tulsa in the restaurant industry. And I can see why with Inspectors like this dip smile Megan girl. This girl really thinks she's hot smile. If I had a dog that looked like her, I would shave it's donkey and make it walk backwards, She's just an ugly person inside and out. I have an idea that I think will work the next time she shows up. We'll see.

Has any fellow Restaurant owners had any issues with a City County Health Inspector named Megan. She's a real low life. Please hit me up with your experiences with this piece of crap....

He has deleted this rant from his Facebook page. Fortunately, we have it here for all posterity.  Grin

* For those who don't know: grumble = b|tch, smile = sh|t, donkey = @ss
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:47:03 am by AngieBrumley » Logged
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:54 pm »

I can practically guarantee that it's going to be a "great meeting," indeed.   Cheesy

Apparently it was...  From Friday:
So I'm going to try to be a better business owner and work with my health inspector to reach a common goal.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2014, 08:11:18 pm »

Apparently it was...  From Friday:

Over/under on how long that lasts?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org