A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:04:55 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 192034 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2014, 10:01:31 am »

Okay, that’s a bit on the creepy, stalker, obsessive side.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:37 am »

They're certainly entitled to protect their brand, but it appears they systematically delete negative comments. I think that shows a disregard for their customers since most businesses look at negative reviews as revealing weaknesses and pointing out areas for improvement.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »

They're certainly entitled to protect their brand, but it appears they systematically delete negative comments. I think that shows a disregard for their customers since most businesses look at negative reviews as revealing weaknesses and pointing out areas for improvement.

bunch of haters
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »

Just dont have the smile....People get off anymore complaining about everything......

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2014, 07:14:45 pm »

Strike 1...!!

Went by there today.  Who woulda thought a pizza place would be closed on Sunday?  So, just a little while ago, I got back on their page and sure enough...no hours on Sunday. 

Fail!!

So, we went next door to Arizona - I expected the absolute worst, based on previous experience; it has been at least 7....maybe 8 years since we ate there.  Surprise!  It was edible.  Not bad....not the best, but ok!

Not exactly the time just yet, but I wonder if they can spell "NFL" ??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2014, 07:25:10 am »

The General Manager posted this a few hours ago. ~ I have some serious health issues going on and might even have to sell my business.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2014, 02:02:09 pm »

The General Manager posted this a few hours ago. ~ I have some serious health issues going on and might even have to sell my business.

No competent business partners to run the business while he takes care of his health issues?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »

No competent business partners to run the business while he takes care of his health issues?

There should be a special Godwin for using the word “competent” in a Shotgun Sam’s thread.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »

There should be a special Godwin for using the word “competent” in a Shotgun Sam’s thread.

Yeah, I keep forgetting that common sense, logic, and reasoning skills are frowned upon in the innerwebs.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »

Finally made it over there when they were open.... I noticed they are starting to open on Sundays now, so I guess he does listen to me here!  Sadly, too little, too late!  Strikes two and three!

There was a bike group on a dinner run, so that added immensely to the ambience - made me miss those rides!  The wait staff was trying hard...what they lacked in skill, they mostly made up for with enthusiasm.  Jim....well, he really needs to remain out of sight and let the people he has hired try to do their jobs.  This could have been just strike two by itself.  He really puts a person off their Post-Toasties just with his skulking and apparent bad attitude - yes, it does come across.  Stay in the back of the house.  The one guy hanging at the cash register talking to the girl there should also be made to not be there when customers are around.  (Place needs some major adult supervision, but it's his place, so whatever.....)

Got a mix of half pepperoni, half mushroom.  The mozarella cheese was only fair flavor, but very good texture!  It strung out perfectly when I picked up the first slice!  Nice.  There was plenty of corn meal on the bottom of the pie.  Downhill quickly from these high points.  The crust was beyond bland - we got the regular, not thin.  The texture was wrong....like it had been 'kneaded' way past the point of mixing ingredients.  Improper mixing was only half the problem, though.  Sauce was very mild flavor - just ok, but could have been kicked up just a notch.  EXCEPT for the sweetness!!   Step away from the sugar when mixing the sauce!!  Why do so many try to mask inadequate flavors with sugar??  Add just a small touch more garlic and oregano!

Salad.... well, what can ya say about that train wreck of a mess!!  $3.00 for that pathetic little bowl of nothing but iceberg, 3 small tomato slices, and 1 miniature carrot...??  I would be ashamed if it were my place.  No, I would never get that far....I would never place that in front of people!  I don't even do a quick salad at home, in a big hurry, that pathetic.

This is NOT Shotgun Sam's of old, but I could live with that if the pizza was good.  It's not.  Won't go back.   (Pizza Shoppe at 131st and Memorial is much better choice.)

We might have been tempted to try one more time to check out the thin crust to see if it was any better, but there was a political statement in the front window that sealed the deal - he had a campaign sign for Judge Kurt Glassco in the window, supporting the campaign.  This is the same judge who cut the sweetheart deal along with Tim Harris' office to NOT accept a plea of guilty - after it was made - from a guy for assault with a deadly weapon on two kids whose family I know...it's one I have mentioned before (Mark Alan Eaton on OSCN) - must be nice to have connections in high places that can turn an attempt to kill someone while drunk into 10 years of "just be a good boy for a while and this will all go away for you....".  I wonder what the court would think of the gunfire in his backyard over the last few years....shooting at dogs who got into the yard.  Celebrating the 4th every year.  And nobody in the neighborhood dares call the cops for fear of reprisal - after all, if you can get away with actively trying to kill someone, what do you have to worry about from a little backyard firearm discharge - you will get off that one easy.  I'm betting it was the same Glock he used to try to shoot a couple kids with....or maybe the SKS (AK-47 style assault rifle).

So, support of Glassco was all the strikes we need, ever.  Well, that plus the carpy food....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Badger
Citizen

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:24 pm »

Good evening, everyone.  I just found this forum and was amused/flattered to find that someone had actually posted a link to my Facebook album.  So, I decided to sign up and say hello.  Smiley

Conan, I can respect your opinion about the "creepy, stalker, obsessive" thing, and I figured that I would at least try to explain myself.

I don't like it when businesses like Shotgun Sam's decide to delete as many of the valid negative comments they can in an attempt to leave only the praise.  I also don't like it when business owners openly say things to embarrass themselves then try to delete those statements and pretend they never happened.

I saw that pattern forming early on, and I didn't want Shotgun Sam's to get away with it.

So, I decided to start keeping an archive of the stuff that would most likely get wiped out... and, since I wanted to put it in a place that others could easily access, I created that album on Facebook.

Plus... back in May, after Jim Rice's initial rant about the health department, I left a reply noting that while I was not offended by foul language in most cases (I personally can be quite vulgar when I'm among certain company), I didn't think that it was appropriate for him to use profanity on the public business page for his "family-friendly" restaurant.

His response, not surprisingly, showed that his reading comprehension skills were apparently right on par with his writing skills.  He said that if the language offended me, I shouldn't watch TV either, and that I would probably be offended that they served beer there as well, and then noted that this was Shotgun Sam's Pizza Palace, "not St. Anthony's Church."

And, of course, my criticism was promptly deleted.

So, I'd be lying if I said that incident didn't help spur my interest in archiving posts/reviews as well.

Considering the amount of screenshots I've collected in that album (from the "Shotgun Sam's Pizza Palace" Facebook page, from the old "Shotgun Sams" page that has now been renamed "Shotgun Sams Nostalgic," from Yelp, from Urbanspoon, etc.), I can understand why you might think I'm a bit of a whackadoo.

However, hopefully I can prove to you that for the most part, I'm actually a pretty down-to-earth, nice guy.

I genuinely like seeing new businesses thrive when their owners want to do things properly, and I'm always a fan of a good indie "underdog" story.  In the case of Shotgun Sam's, however, my schadenfreude has been activated, and I'm enjoying the show as this guy (quite deservedly, in my opinion) appears to be going down the tubes.  *shrug*

I look forward to exploring the forums here and hopefully participating more in the future.  Thanks for your time!

Badger
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2014, 10:41:08 pm »

Badger, welcome aboard.  Please hang out and post for awhile.  We might argue amongst ourselves and throw verbal barbs at each other, but deep down we all have a respect for everyone else’s opinion. 

I’ll admit there is a train-wreck quality to the new SS.  It’s hard not to watch for the next social media melt down.  Though it appears they are policing negative comments more vigilantly.

In more recent reviews, at least the ones which aren’t manipulated, service and food are good, but “the tool behind the register needs to go” is a recurring theme.  I hope Rice’s partners wake up and jettison him before it’s too late if they value their money.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2014, 07:29:40 am »

Badger, welcome aboard.  Please hang out and post for awhile.  We might argue amongst ourselves and throw verbal barbs at each other, but deep down we all have a respect for everyone else’s opinion. 

I respect everybody here, except for all you ignorant liars, cheaters, and bad spellers.

Welcome to TulsaNow!

Power is nothing till you use it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2014, 07:36:52 am »

I've said it before and it bears repeating. America is full of liars, cheats, chiselers and thieves. Its what has kept us the greatest nation on earth. TulsaNow is  a microcosm.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2014, 09:23:46 am »

Anyone remember SS's advertising jingle?

"I'm Shotgun Sam, that's who I am, and............."

It was pretty cute at the time.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org