A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:22:45 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press Release - ENTERPRISE BUILDING RE-DEVELOPMENT POISED TO MOVE FORWARD  (Read 10044 times)
TheLofts@120
Activist

« on: August 02, 2011, 04:13:14 pm »

News Release
ENTERPRISE BUILDING RE-DEVELOPMENT POISED TO MOVE FORWARD

August 2, 2011

Tulsa, OK – The re-development of the Enterprise Building, located on the Northwest corner of 6th Street & Boston Avenue in downtown Tulsa, is poised to move forward if successful in its bid to acquire some of the available $3 million being distributed through the Tulsa Development Authority in its most recent Request for Proposal for downtown housing projects.

Since being purchased by David Sharp last February, the development team has finalized the construction documents, received construction bids, secured a general contractor and contingent financing for a significant portion of the adaptive re-use project. When completed, the Enterprise Building will be converted into a $10.8 million mixed-use residential, office and retail development consisting of 77 residential rental units, 13,500sf of light office and almost 7,500sf of retail.

Based on the published criteria set forth in the Request for Proposal by the Tulsa Development Authority, the developer is confident that all the criteria have been met to provide an excellent, quality driven project that will bring much needed, more affordable housing to the downtown market. The developer also feels that it stands a good chance to receive some funding as the project is ready to commence with redevelopment immediately. It is the hope that this project will also encourage further economic growth and development within the IDL and particularly the immediately surrounding area, where restaurants, hospitality and services have begun to spring up along the Boston Avenue corridor.

Due to the current state of the economy and a more restrictive lending environment, the development had fallen behind due to the developer’s other endeavors until the opportunity to apply for Third Penny Sales Tax funds was announced to provide funding assistance for residential projects located within the Inner Dispersal Loop. David Sharp has engaged in redeveloping his properties in the Brady Arts District, opening up new retail opportunities, as well as finalizing plans to begin development of a new 106-room Fairfield Inn, also to be located in the Brady Arts District.

Interior and exterior renderings of the project are attached.

For further information, please contact:
Will Wilkins, 120 Development Group LLC at 918-902-0760

Other images can be found at
http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h478/120development/

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:23:44 pm »

Woo wooooooo!

Can't wait to see this happen! The Renderings look amazing!
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:53:47 pm »

Way to go Will! Glad to see this building being adapted. Good view of my old high school.

Where will tenants park?

onward...through the fog
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:12:15 pm »

Great News!  Can't wait to see this happen. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:19:19 pm »

fantastic news.
looks great
been wondering what the status was.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »

Way to go Will! Glad to see this building being adapted. Good view of my old high school.

Where will tenants park?

Parking? We don't need no steenking parking! We will walk, bike, take the bus, and light rail when it's available!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 07:28:24 pm »

Parking? We don't need no steenking parking! We will walk, bike, take the bus, and light rail when it's available!

Uh, oh...you just triggered the wrath of Kraut...

Sorry, couldn't resist...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:18 pm »

Congratulations on your progress!  It looks excellent! 

Also: thanks for posting your releases here. It's very nice to be thought of as people who need to be in the loop.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

They must have meant Southwest corner, the Northwest corner is the IDL.
Hey, at least it's an Acorn-free part of downtown  Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 01:50:10 am »

They must have meant Southwest corner, the Northwest corner is the IDL.
Hey, at least it's an Acorn-free part of downtown  Grin
no, it's the NW. I'm thinking you google mapped it and it was showing that wrong spot, because that's what it did to me. Shocked

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 06:38:12 am »

Everyone should know where 6th and Boston is

Edit:  hmm... my image doesn't appear to be appearing...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:22:03 am by BKDotCom » Logged
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 08:24:16 am »

So when will we know who gets the third penny sales tax? (If that was in the article and I missed it opps)

Exciting news however I don't want to get to excited until we know that.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 08:44:45 am »

Nice!  I like the renderings.
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:54 am »

So, did you get asked by the committee to come back for an interview, Will?

TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 10:31:28 am »

Thank you all for the compliments.  We believe we have designed a very unique and resource friendly project, paying attention to every possible detail we could think of while still ensuring we offered an affordable alternative to downtown's current new residential rental projects.  We anticipate being able to offer more square footage and amenities than our competitors.  

Because of eveyone on this forum's active interest in downtown and its revitalization, I believe it is important to keep you all abreast of our efforts on all fronts, including projects and leasing.  After all, you are the ones that make downtown work  Smiley

To answer some of the questions posed:

Kenosha - We have not heard a thing from the TDA or their review committee and are not sure what to make of that.  We are hopeful that we provided a thorough and complete package that required little, if any, additional information on the project.  I certainly hope this project is given its fair consideration as we are eager to start.  If you have seen the scoring criteria in the RFP, we believe we have matched every factor.

Godboko71 - It is anticipated that the TDA will make final selection August 11.

Aquaman - If the project moves forward, we are working on a long term lease agreement with a nearby parking garage to afford every one bedroom unit a single parking space and every two bedroom unit to have 2 parking spaces.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:33:59 am by TheLofts@120 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org