A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:33:08 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Quarterback  (Read 55843 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2012, 08:01:28 pm »

Denver wins 29-23, that is all.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »

Actually, if you ever listen to Hannity, he speaks over liberal callers all the time.  Far worse than O'Really.

And if Maher is a comedian, his humor is lost on me.

How sad is that...you and Red have no sense of humor?

Probably don't think Al Franken is funny either.

Come on - 'ya gotta admit that Casey Anthony at Chuck E. Cheese is dark, funny, humor!!  And speed skater versus Porky Pig!!  LOL! LOL!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:20:51 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »

How sad is that...you and Red have no sense of humor?

How sad that you cannot tell the difference between a joke and true hatred.  Letterman fell to the dark side in 2008.  Before that, I thought most of his jokes about Republicans were funny.

Probably don't think Al Franken is funny either.

Sure, his political beliefs are a joke.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2012, 08:34:30 pm »

How sad that you cannot tell the difference between a joke and true hatred.  Letterman fell to the dark side in 2008.  Before that, I thought most of his jokes about Republicans were funny.

Sure, his political beliefs are a joke.

And how would you put Pat Buchanan and Jerry Falwell??  And Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter and their ilk?

Yep, I actually can tell the difference between a joke and hatred.  And hot cocoa and a shot of Wild Turkey.  And can recognize scathing satire and biting irony.  And in the second video - truth.  Biggest complaint would be the profanity - he really doesn't need it and it turns some people off without considering the content.  I did find it interesting that the Mennonites seem to appreciate at  least the message if not the way it is delivered.  But then people who he addresses would not see themselves in it for exactly the reasons he details.  Jesus would be rolling in his grave if he were still in it.  No matter how the RWRE wants to twist it.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:39:28 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

Tebow's passes shown in slow motion sure fly like a wounded duck. He throws them hard, but I doubt he will ever complete more than 50% of them.

Denver took control of the game early and a hobbled Steeler team played poorly. Denver and Tebow stepped up.

Next week in New England will be a better test for the Broncos.

I also look forward to the Saints at San Francisco and a hot Houston team playing at Baltimore. My favorite team (Green Bay) is at home against a balanced N.Y. Giants team. I can't see the Packers losing at home against the Giants, but in the playoffs anything could happen.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2012, 08:52:12 pm »

And how would you put Pat Buchanan and Jerry Falwell??  And Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter and their ilk?

I don't care for Buchanan or Falwell.  I can't think of any Evangelists I could listen to until the first plea for money advertisement.   O'Reilly is OK but I don't always agree.  Hannity is mildly irritating. Limbaugh has some valid points but is over the edge. Coulter and Beck similar to Limbaugh.   Ilk... whatever.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

Tebow threw that last pass like a Home Depot worker throws a warped 2 x 4! But it was accurate and timely. Elway was beside himself. Fun.

onward...through the fog
dbacks fan
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2012, 01:49:04 am »

Tebow threw that last pass like a Home Depot worker throws a warped 2 x 4! But it was accurate and timely. Elway was beside himself. Fun.

And unfortunately I won't be able to see any of the games next weekend. Will be in the air or on the road between New Jersey and here. Same as missing most of the lame BCS game on Monday.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2012, 08:10:42 am »

My favorite team (Green Bay) is at home against a balanced N.Y. Giants team. I can't see the Packers losing at home against the Giants, but in the playoffs anything could happen.

Green Bay is my favorite team as well and I also don't think they will lose at home to the Giants...However, I didn't think Brett Favre would lose at home to Michael Vick and the Falcons....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:43:05 am by OSU » Logged

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2012, 09:20:42 am »

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjRp9O620Q[/youtube]

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2012, 03:17:53 pm »

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2012, 03:21:22 pm »

This week's "sweet Jesus!" pic.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »

Got Milk?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2012, 03:41:36 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org